Boxxer 323HP Oil Leakage | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Boxxer 323HP Oil Leakage

john mundy

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Hey Guys I’m having an issue with my 2011 boxxer 323 hp. There’s only about 500 hours on it and it seems to be leaking oil underneath the valve/head covers on both sides of the engine. At first it seemed like it was coming from around the exhaust pipe on both sides but I’m not 100% sure. It started happening a while ago and I would check my oil every job but it hasn’t really wavered much. The oil is dripping from the top of the engine and is spraying out all over my waste tank and the back end of the truck mount/blower.

The pics I have aren’t that great but it looks like it’s coming right where my finger is pointing...Just a heads up I looked in the manual and didn’t see that part named so I called it a valve/head cover.

I appreciate any and all feedback

Attachments

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
It is likely the valve cover gasket. I had the same issue. One thing you can do if you can't tell where it's coming from is to take a piece of cardboard or something and turn the machine on. Hold the cardboard around the engine and watch for the spray. You're probably getting a really fine spray while the engine is running from a minor leak it sounds like. A new valve cover gasket might fix it, but I doubt it based on my own experience.

I had a perpetual problem with that and I couldn't solve it with just replacing the gasket and neither could small engine shops. I finally solved it with Permatex high temp gasket maker. Putting the new gaskets on was a waste of time and money. You may be able to fix yours with a new gasket and try the Permatex if that doesn't solve it for you.

john mundy

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
Hey Thanks for the Tip Randy, I'm def gonna try the Permatex route. Is that something I just put on by itself or should i get the one that coats the gasket? That's exactly what it looks like. I can actually see a little spray when I'm looking at the back end of the motor and cover my vacuum hose. It will happen intermittently while shes up at full throttle.

Last edited: