Boxxer 318 heat or lack thereof

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
My brand new Boxxer 318 is driving me crazy. Works great except heat. Was getting about 100 degrees (50 ft. of hose at 400 psi, 6 flow). The tech guy at my dealer told me about adjusting the screw behind the temperature select.

The selector was clicking at about 10-11 o'clock on the dial, so the tech told me to turn the screw behind the selector counter-clockwise a quarter to a half turn, until "the click" started happening at 7-8 o'clock on the dial.

Did that and now I'm getting around 145 degrees, but the screw on the back keeps moving clockwise back to its normal spot, sort of like the vibration of the machine running at full-blast make it move clockwise. I can hot glue that in-place but it didn't totally fix the heat problem.

Even with the heat on max. and my wand spraying, there is still water being diverted to my waste tank, even with my piddly 145-150 degrees. Not as much as before adjusting the temperature selector screw but still quite a bit.

When doing the test, the machine is at full throttle, the intake to the tank is blocked, the vacuum is running at 14 hg, pump at 400 psi.

When I move the temperature select dial and it clicks, my water pressure instantly increases about 80 psi. Not sure what that means.

Anyway, the machine only has 6 hours on it, so I'd appreciate any help. Hydramaster is telling me I'm expecting too much from the machine, as if 145 is good at low pressure and flow.

Thanks in advance if you have time to help.

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
Dump solenoid sounds bad open up the red looking washers probably cracked so it stuck open easily fix.

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
Is your diverter working? Check for excessive dumping in the tank. You should get at least 180deg.

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
Where are these red washers I should check? Even on a brand new machine with 5 hours on it?

Thanks!

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
Is your diverter working? Check for excessive dumping in the tank. You should get at least 180deg.
I am definitely getting quite a bit of water going to my tank. Not as much as before adjusting the temperature control but still a lot since I have heat set on high and only getting 145 degrees.

How do I check the diverter?

Thanks

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
Where are these red washers I should check? Even on a brand new machine with 5 hours on it?

Thanks!
In waste tank. There’s a rubber hose going into the top of waste tank ,that on the inside of the tank connects to dump selonoid that dumps water to control heat it .

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
Open lid with heat dial all the way up it should not be dumping anything it.
There are actually 2 hoses going to the waste tank... one wider than the other. Plugging into the same fixture on the tank.

Sorry, I'm dumb on this stuff, but thanks.

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
There is definitely water still dumping when heat is on high and I'm spraying. The tech at my dealer thinks it's the temperature control, bypassing hot water at too low of a temperature, but I did what he said and it's still bypassing.

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
The pic I posted is on the outside that connects t
Yeah I see that and yes there is water coming out of the valve on the inside of the tank even when heat is on max.

When the machine is off, but battery on, I can hear the solenoid either open or close at a certain point on the dial. At first, I heard it click around 10-11 o'clock on the dial. After adjusting the screw on the back of the dial, I can hear the solenoid click at about 7-8 o'clock on the temperature dial.

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
There's less water pouring into the tank than before I adjusted the screw on the back of the temperature selector.

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
So, the solenoid is moving I think since I can hear it open or close, whichever the click is.

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
You shouldn't be dumping any water. Clean out the valve that sparking clean posted. Could be stuck open. Let us know when u fixed it.

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
You shouldn't be dumping any water. Clean out the valve that sparking clean posted. Could be stuck open. Let us know when u fixed it.
Just did that. It was clean as a brand new valve should be. It’s being opened when it shouldn’t be, but it closes just fine.

What’s next, thermostat? Something is making that valve open when it shouldn’t.

Chris Kelley

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
Again, when I turn the temperature dial, I can hear that valve open and close and a certain point.

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
Is machine new bought from distributor? If so take it to them . I would not stand for a machine that Virgin new to be fixed by yourself. My guess if it is that new sounds like it could be bad connection in wiring. Only other things is computer board in box with two wing nuts, but never had that being the issue.