Boxer 421 no water pressure help! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Boxer 421 no water pressure help!

Randy Herman

May 5, 2017
Real Name
Randy Herman
I have a 421 and it just stopped all water pressure. I changed out the diaphragm pump and it didn’t help. All the hoses are good and the pump is wired right, is there a certain fuse to check or something. It’s getting to the pump but no further. It hasn’t been cold enough here to freeze anything so I’m not sure what’s going on. Anybody help please!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I have a 421 and it just stopped all water pressure. I changed out the diaphragm pump and it didn’t help. All the hoses are good and the pump is wired right, is there a certain fuse to check or something. It’s getting to the pump but no further. It hasn’t been cold enough here to freeze anything so I’m not sure what’s going on. Anybody help please!
Did you visually check to see if the water box on the machine is filling? Also, have you hooked the machine up to a faucet water source? If you're sure water is going into the water box make sure your clutch is engaging if your machine has one. There is a low water switch at the bottom of the water box that can go out and it will shut your clutch off. Your clutch will not activate when you turn the pump on when that happens. I've only had that happen once, but it was an easy fix. You can also verify if your machines' pump is putting out by disconnecting the line from the Comet pump that goes to the unloader and put it into a bucket. There could be an obstruction in the machine causing the problem. Once I had the quick connect on the front of the machine get completely blocked by a detergent I was using and stopped all flow out of the machine. The only other thing I can think of is something wrong with the unloader. Once mine just went out and I lost all pressure. It got very low at first and just stopped. If you unhook the high-pressure line from the pump to the unloader and the pump is delivering the 3.5 gpm that it's supposed to that could be it. Check the easy stuff first.