Boss Ultra?

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning Marketing' started by Cmsnd, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Cmsnd

Cmsnd New Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have any experience with this company? They are basically a middle man contrating out cleaning jobs to local companies. They offered me, what they call an "Overflow" job.

2. envy

envy Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Ratings:
    +562 / 3 / -0
    I haven't worked with them but when middle man companies call, before they send their packet or before they spend 15 minutes telling me how much work they have or all of their requirements, Ive learned to ask what they pay per foot.

Most of the places I hear from are offering 6-8 cents a foot. For me personally, I haven't come across a broker that had an attractive offer.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kingdomcome84

Kingdomcome84 Active Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +293 / 1 / -0
    I got a call from these middle man guys before. they offered me $100 to clean an entire single family home. Top, main floor and basement. I told dude I clean 3 areas for $100. when I was asking, Dude was being very discreet of how many areas in that home but he made it very clear $100 is the max their willing to pay

4. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,528 / 83 / -0
    All the places like these are paying next to nothing, pass on all of them unless you are willing to work for peanuts.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bentley

Bentley New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Male
    Cleaner
    Jacksonville Florida
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I decided to bite and see what happened. Promised a $180 payment to me in 7-10 days. I cleaned two bedrooms and two sofas and used protectant. Its three weeks now and haven't seen a dime. Called a week ago and they said they would "expedite" a check. Nothing..... Not too promising and I'm not sure I want to do work for my competition. And now you know.

6. Bentley

Bentley New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Male
    Cleaner
    Jacksonville Florida
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Cleaned Jan.19th. Today is Feb. 18th. Nothing in the mail and have made 5 follow up calls. The ol 7-10 day payment is now a month. Promised me a call yesterday from the owner. Nothing. No check today either. Lesson learned.

7. modernclean

modernclean New Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    owner/operator
    Aurora,IL
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I did 3 job for them it took over 90 days to get paid
    I was paid for all three jobs.
    After 45 day I called once a week and asked when was I going to get paid. Ask to talk to Jay in payroll

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

8. raw74

raw74 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    ga
    Ratings:
    +668 / 4 / -0
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. modernclean

modernclean New Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    owner/operator
    Aurora,IL
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes Sometimes there hard to understand when they call

10. modernclean

modernclean New Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    owner/operator
    Aurora,IL
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The three jobs I did form totaled $485 and I got paid for them. Just takes a little time and you have to stay on them

11. raw74

raw74 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    ga
    Ratings:
    +668 / 4 / -0
    Do you have to wear their uniforms or mention you're from Boss?

Sent from my SM-G930V using TMF Forums mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anderson

Anderson Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Belton Texas
    Ratings:
    +359 / 5 / -0
    Either they are unorganized are like to set on their money to pull interest..
    If you have a millon $ payroll and earn 10% a year on interest $$$$ adds up per month
    I have a resturant that takes 60 days..anything over 60 days and i call and they will send a chec.....

• Like Like x 1
  13. modernclean

modernclean New Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    owner/operator
    Aurora,IL
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No
    Sometimes I have my own company shirt on and just have them sign the boss ultra job order

14. modernclean

modernclean New Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    owner/operator
    Aurora,IL
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    They just try to get one over on you if you're not persistent on trying to collect your money

15. Bentley

Bentley New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Male
    Cleaner
    Jacksonville Florida
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Today is the 23d and called several times. The so called GM Mike Ochoa, is very rude and only says it's been paid and they don't control the mail. Still nothing today. Over 30 days now. Don't waste your time with this Arizona company. Been fed a line from day one. P.S. I had the satisfaction paper signed on the day cleaning was done. They said the customer had to be called for a rating too. Told me all 10's so there wasn't any problems at all. Imagine if there was even the slightest problem? Would you get paid at all? Not worth the hassle for $180.

16. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +9,675 / 11 / -1
    I think the company name may be Boss Optima rather than Boss Ultra.

17. modernclean

modernclean New Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    owner/operator
    Aurora,IL
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    #17 modernclean, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

18. modernclean

modernclean New Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    owner/operator
    Aurora,IL
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Is this the same work order that they email you
    It took a while to get paid but I got paid on all my jobs it was a total of three
    Stay on them

19. Bentley

Bentley New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Male
    Cleaner
    Jacksonville Florida
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I believe they go by different names but they definitely go by BOSS Ultra in this area. Received a check but it was $60 short. Called again and Mike explained to me that they NEVER pay more than 50% and that he would look into my records. At this point I figured it was ridiculous to argue and chalked it up to experience. Not 5 minutes after hanging up I received a call apologizing and told he found the records and will be sending me another check. The saga continues....

• Like Like x 1
  20. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,528 / 83 / -0
    Seems like most agree these jobs are not worth it...