Boss Optima Wisdom. Your Appearance.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mike. O

Oct 13, 2016
Real Name
Mike Ochoa
What do the national chains all have in common ,besides millions of dollars in annual revenue? Their technicians are some of the best dressed technicians in our industry. The national chains fully realize that image is just as important as substance. There are a lot of great technicians in this industry who view their image as low priority. They are convinced that wearing jeans and a dirty Tshirt have no bearing on customer retention, as long as they do a great job cleaning the carpet. I think this is one of the biggest mistakes we can make in this industry. The reality is, your appearance and the appearance of everything you bring into the home, has a direct effect on the perceived value of your service. We now live in a "Franchise World", where every industry is dominated by national chains and franchise imagery. The public has been conditioned to believe that a business that has a franchise look is a safer option. Companies who have this "look" to them have a competitive advantage in every industry. But there is a deeper level to this. Think about it: What is the difference between a mid level steak house and a high end steak house? The environment, the atmosphere, the decor. The way you feel in the place. All of these elements convince you that you $120 Dinner actually taste better. This packaging of the experience is memorable to the client. The national chains are experts at this game. They are making millions with this strategy. I encourage you place the same focus on your appearance and image that you do on your cleaning results. Quality is very important but so is the package that you deliver it in.

IsaiahT

Jul 10, 2017
Real Name
Isaiah Tichenor
So very true my friend! I worked for some of the top retailers in the nation and image is everything. I bought Nike performance polos and New Era hats embroidered for my team to wear with the exact same shoes and khakis. This "uniform" image is very impressive to my clients and it gets us a number of compliments. I may only be using a portable with a Rotovac Powerwand but my clients are happy to see professional servicemen. I'm looking into other offerings to my clients as well.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Image is everything in this business. Wrap your trucks, wrap your wands, brand your air movers, your corner guards, your shirts, your print material... everything.

The customer sees everything even if they don't consciously know they are seeing it.

The smell of your pre spray or rinse is also part of this image.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Did you know you will be able to order Duk Guards in your company colors with your company logo heat stamped into it? That is a new addition to the consistent image.

Mike. O

Oct 13, 2016
Real Name
Mike Ochoa
These are "Image pads" we had designed to go over our pre-sprayer wands. A Local Upholstery company created these for us.

Attachments

Mike. O

Oct 13, 2016
Real Name
Mike Ochoa
These are pads we had designed for our carpet rakes and Hydra-sprayers.

Attachments

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
The large order customers, like franchises are going to be filled first, probably will begin with-in the next 30 days. Then offered to other large customers. Then made public. My guess is June or July.

David Alsonso at Duk Guard is the person with the real answers. I am just making educated guess on the dates.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Did you know you will be able to order Duk Guards in your company colors with your company logo heat stamped into it? That is a new addition to the consistent image.
For a $50 a piece with a logo? They cost half of that amount without...

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
What do the national chains all have in common ,besides millions of dollars in annual revenue? Their technicians are some of the best dressed technicians in our industry. The national chains fully realize that image is just as important as substance. There are a lot of great technicians in this industry who view their image as low priority. They are convinced that wearing jeans and a dirty Tshirt have no bearing on customer retention, as long as they do a great job cleaning the carpet. I think this is one of the biggest mistakes we can make in this industry. The reality is, your appearance and the appearance of everything you bring into the home, has a direct effect on the perceived value of your service. We now live in a "Franchise World", where every industry is dominated by national chains and franchise imagery. The public has been conditioned to believe that a business that has a franchise look is a safer option. Companies who have this "look" to them have a competitive advantage in every industry. But there is a deeper level to this. Think about it: What is the difference between a mid level steak house and a high end steak house? The environment, the atmosphere, the decor. The way you feel in the place. All of these elements convince you that you $120 Dinner actually taste better. This packaging of the experience is memorable to the client. The national chains are experts at this game. They are making millions with this strategy. I encourage you place the same focus on your appearance and image that you do on your cleaning results. Quality is very important but so is the package that you deliver it in.
"Their technicians are some of the best dressed technicians in our industry. The national chains fully realize that image is just as important as substance."
Have you seen these boys after second, third job ? I have. Their standard footwear are galoshes . I believe that you're praising Blue Crew , SS or both. If I can take with me on hot day 2 spare(quality material) shirts, so can they. But they won't. My fellow, distinguish carpet cleaners, I believe that each and every one of you will surpass aforementioned companies, not only in quality and performance, but also in styling your work outfit. Guarantee......

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
For a $50 a piece with a logo? They cost half of that amount without...
I think the logos will add $2 or so to the cost. There will be a minimum number to order to get the stamp for the logo made.

Mike. O

Oct 13, 2016
Real Name
Mike Ochoa
The national chains are not necessary cleaning better then the other great independent cleaners in our industry. They are very focused on presentation and that is a big factor in the "customer experience" .

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
These are pads we had designed for our carpet rakes and Hydra-sprayers.
Forgive me for being so blunt, but why would you put gold chain on pittbul , grandi broom is not going to perform greater with plastic blue padding which looks like a condom. I already have expressed my opinion on this matter in early stages of this thread, but you still pushing the subject forward. I'm surprised that nobody gives you LOL's. One thing is well presented service, another is crazy madness about maximum exposure at all cost. Personally I would ran away from carpet cleaners coming to my house with a tools dressed like a puppies.I'm not a big colourful dresser, I'm wearing quality Izod shirts, blac slackers , not Dickies( nothing wrong with it, they just don't breath good enough for me in the summer) and black shoes ( non slip). Now, should I put a bow tie and tuxedo on my titanium 6 jet? Is 4-5 high perrformance air movers and more than enough heat running in pressure lines nor enough to impress my customers? Or is it more viable to clean carpet and leave the house with a statement: Your carpet will be dry within 24 hours. Thjs is normal drying time.
Mike, give me something I can lean on, most of the TMF members are high performers. Am I only one not succumbed in tour subliminal messages.
I mean no offense, I just don't see practicality in all that. I would like to hear opinions from another members. I'm the only one?