Boss Optima Wisdom One of the biggest mistakes technicians make.

Mike. O

Oct 13, 2016
Real Name
Mike Ochoa
There will be many times when you will fail....
Clients will sometimes want results that you simply can not achieve. In these situations it is important to realize that the goal is not to change their desires.

The goal is to prove that you achieved the best result possible... So , that the client has no thoughts of : "I should have called somebody else".

The ultimate goal is for the client to not regret choosing YOU as the one they put their faith in.

You see,

When a client believes that you are elite...

When a client believes that you care just as much as they do about the results you are trying to achieve...

When a client believes that you have used every strategy in your arsenal to succeed for them....

You can end up achieving an effect that at Boss Optima we like to call Failing Amazingly. And a client will still remain loyal to you and still consider the service a great experience. Even when your cleaning results come up short.

Why? Because they have no thought that somebody else could have done any better for them..

The client will believe that the result that was achieved was truly the best result possible. So, even though we failed to achieve what the client

wanted, They are actually impressed with the way we failed...

We failed amazingly....

And to do this you must fail in a very specific way....

Care And Concern Is Always Memorable.
Nothing Impresses a client more
then sincere care and concern...
Given a choice between two capable equally trained technicians, they will choose the one they feel who cares the most about helping them...

Wouldn't you?

When you sense that you are not going to be able to get a result that the client wants. Remember the 4 rules of failing amazingly....

During the walk through share that you are concerned about an area but do not proclaim defeat. Always express a sense of "If anybody can do it , I can" This is music to a clients ears... The client wants to believe they have an elite technician in their home. Someone who has a "can do " attitude. And who will make a solid effort.

Always take the time to talk to the client and give the client at least a "3 bullet strategy" that you are going to try. Give them 3 strategies you are going to try to get the best result possible for them. Most techs might try one strategy. A special tech would try 3 or more...

Strategy Examples:

Mix my pre-spray stronger.
Give extra dwell time.
Do extra agitation.
Try another product

As you use each bullet strategy, always take the time to call the client over and show them what was achieved. We call this taking them on the journey with you. Let there be no doubt that each bullet was used.

If after your final bullet , the result they wanted was not achieved. Let them know that you too, are disappointed. Show some remorse for not getting the result they desired... This type of care and concern is very memorable.

Its not about whether you succeeded or failed.

Its about , when you leave ...

Do I think I should have called somebody else...