Boss Optima Wisdom. (Marry Your Customer)

Mike. O

Oct 13, 2016
Real Name
Mike Ochoa
Successful companies view every customer experience as an opportunity to further "marry" there customer to them. What does this mean? It means you are always hyper conscious of what the customer is experiencing. And you work to create "love" feelings associated with with there experience with us.

Successful companies do this with the overall goal of getting 100% of every dime the customer will ever spend in their lifetime on that service or product.

What do I mean by "love feelings"??

Customers "love" when you show you care. Customers "love" when you do something remarkable for them. Customers "love" when they feel safe with you. Customers "love" when they can brag about their.....(fill in the blank) Favorite ice cream shop, favorite restaurant, favorite shoe store, favorite carpet cleaner...

In the world of business, "Love feelings equal big profits!!!!!" And love feelings help marry the customer to us.

A married customer is unlikely to "cheat" on us.......And they will be faithful over their entire lifetime. Think of all the companies and brands you have been faithful your entire life to?

Think of how fiercely loyal you are to them?? This is not an accident. They carefully planned this marriage to you!

My Fellow Technicians:
When you interact with a customer you must treat them as you are courting them for a lifetime relationship.....
Do not make the mistake of acting like a "trader". What is a trader?............let me explain.....

When I talk to a lot of carpet cleaners who have not worked for the majors , they almost seem to have an attitude of a trader: A person who is simply trading a service for money. I clean your carpet ...you pay me. Its an even trade. If the customer is happy great. But if there is an issue the Tech acts like a trader defending the trade that was just done....he takes a me against you attitude with the client.

THIS IS BUSINESS SUICIDE!!!

What they don't understand is that the customer has a huge selection of people they can trade with. WHY SHOULD THEY TRADE WITH YOU???

This is not a "trade" relationship with our customers. It is a courting relationship. We are courting them to never want to use anybody else.
Stop thinking of your customer as this disposable person who you simply trade with.

Start thinking of your customers as lifetime fans of yours.....people who we want to be fanatical about what they experience with you. For their entire life.

Reactions: Scott W

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Successful companies view every customer experience as an opportunity to further "marry" there customer to them. What does this mean? It means you are always hyper conscious of what the customer is experiencing. And you work to create "love" feelings associated with with there experience with us.

Successful companies do this with the overall goal of getting 100% of every dime the customer will ever spend in their lifetime on that service or product.

What do I mean by "love feelings"??

Customers "love" when you show you care. Customers "love" when you do something remarkable for them. Customers "love" when they feel safe with you. Customers "love" when they can brag about their.....(fill in the blank) Favorite ice cream shop, favorite restaurant, favorite shoe store, favorite carpet cleaner...

In the world of business, "Love feelings equal big profits!!!!!" And love feelings help marry the customer to us.

A married customer is unlikely to "cheat" on us.......And they will be faithful over their entire lifetime. Think of all the companies and brands you have been faithful your entire life to?

Think of how fiercely loyal you are to them?? This is not an accident. They carefully planned this marriage to you!

My Fellow Technicians:
When you interact with a customer you must treat them as you are courting them for a lifetime relationship.....
Do not make the mistake of acting like a "trader". What is a trader?............let me explain.....

When I talk to a lot of carpet cleaners who have not worked for the majors , they almost seem to have an attitude of a trader: A person who is simply trading a service for money. I clean your carpet ...you pay me. Its an even trade. If the customer is happy great. But if there is an issue the Tech acts like a trader defending the trade that was just done....he takes a me against you attitude with the client.

THIS IS BUSINESS SUICIDE!!!

What they don't understand is that the customer has a huge selection of people they can trade with. WHY SHOULD THEY TRADE WITH YOU???

This is not a "trade" relationship with our customers. It is a courting relationship. We are courting them to never want to use anybody else.
Stop thinking of your customer as this disposable person who you simply trade with.

Start thinking of your customers as lifetime fans of yours.....people who we want to be fanatical about what they experience with you. For their entire life.
Blaah, blaah and blaah. Stop courting and say something....