Boss Optima Wisdom (Be A Grapple) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Boss Optima Wisdom (Be A Grapple)

Mike. O

Oct 13, 2016
Real Name
Mike Ochoa
Be a Grapple

At Boss Optima this is a story I love to tell our own technicians. And I think it really summarizes one of the big keys to success in this industry. I feel our industry has been negatively affected by carpet cleaners who use hugely discounted upfront pricing to attract customers and then use sales tactics to up the price when they are in the customers home. While these bait and switch tactics may be effective in the short term to generate revenue, it does not foster long term relationships with your clients. Even if you achieve a great cleaning result for the client, it still leaves the client feeling bad about the over all experience that they had with you.
Carpet cleaners ask me all the time how do I get “fair pricing “ for my service without using bait and switch techniques. My answer is always the same . BE A GRAPPLE.

In your local grocery store there is a section where apples are sold. People go there every day and purchase fresh apples. And right next to the apples, in their own tiny little section you will find something unique. They are called “GRAPPLES”.
These grapples are a genetically created fruit that is a cross between a grape and an apple. They claim to be sweeter , juicier and a little bigger then a regular apple. I have tasted a grapple and I think I agree, it’s a better version of an apple.
Now , these grapples are packaged usually in a little container of 3 or 4. And they are much more expensive then a regular apple. You can get a regular apple for anywhere from 75 cents to about $1.50 . A grapple however is about $2.40. Almost 60% percent more expensive than a high end apple.

Now the point of the story is this: There is so much distinction between a grapple and a regular apple

A grapple is a cross between a grape and an apple.
A grapple is sweeter.
A grapple is a little bigger and juicier.
And its “new”.

All of these elements mean that the customer no longer views the apple and the grapple as being the same fruit. The apple and the grapple have now become separate fruits because of all the distinction. In other words they don’t see the grapple as an super expensive apple. They see it as a completely different fruit all together. And they see it as something new better and different. Something worth trying as an new experience.
The point of the story is the more distinction you create with your service, the more you stop being compared to everybody else. This is the core belief behind Boss Optima’s carpet cleaning. We try to be so radically N.B.D (New Better Different) that clients will not easily compare us to all the other carpet cleaners out there.

Think about it, isn’t that what Starbucks did to the local coffee shop? They created such a radically different experience for the client that nobody compared them to the traditional over the counter coffee shops. They changed the experience so much that they could now charge a premium for this new “experience”.

I am challenging all the owner operators of our industry to think outside the box and ask yourself: How can I be a grapple?

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
Be a Grapple

At Boss Optima this is a story I love to tell our own technicians. And I think it really summarizes one of the big keys to success in this industry. I feel our industry has been negatively affected by carpet cleaners who use hugely discounted upfront pricing to attract customers and then use sales tactics to up the price when they are in the customers home. While these bait and switch tactics may be effective in the short term to generate revenue, it does not foster long term relationships with your clients. Even if you achieve a great cleaning result for the client, it still leaves the client feeling bad about the over all experience that they had with you.
Carpet cleaners ask me all the time how do I get “fair pricing “ for my service without using bait and switch techniques. My answer is always the same . BE A GRAPPLE.

In your local grocery store there is a section where apples are sold. People go there every day and purchase fresh apples. And right next to the apples, in their own tiny little section you will find something unique. They are called “GRAPPLES”.
These grapples are a genetically created fruit that is a cross between a grape and an apple. They claim to be sweeter , juicier and a little bigger then a regular apple. I have tasted a grapple and I think I agree, it’s a better version of an apple.
Now , these grapples are packaged usually in a little container of 3 or 4. And they are much more expensive then a regular apple. You can get a regular apple for anywhere from 75 cents to about $1.50 . A grapple however is about $2.40. Almost 60% percent more expensive than a high end apple.

Now the point of the story is this: There is so much distinction between a grapple and a regular apple

A grapple is a cross between a grape and an apple.
A grapple is sweeter.
A grapple is a little bigger and juicier.
And its “new”.

All of these elements mean that the customer no longer views the apple and the grapple as being the same fruit. The apple and the grapple have now become separate fruits because of all the distinction. In other words they don’t see the grapple as an super expensive apple. They see it as a completely different fruit all together. And they see it as something new better and different. Something worth trying as an new experience.
The point of the story is the more distinction you create with your service, the more you stop being compared to everybody else. This is the core belief behind Boss Optima’s carpet cleaning. We try to be so radically N.B.D (New Better Different) that clients will not easily compare us to all the other carpet cleaners out there.

Think about it, isn’t that what Starbucks did to the local coffee shop? They created such a radically different experience for the client that nobody compared them to the traditional over the counter coffee shops. They changed the experience so much that they could now charge a premium for this new “experience”.

I am challenging all the owner operators of our industry to think outside the box and ask yourself: How can I be a grapple?
Your company subbed a job to me here in florida cause im a master cleaner. Been about 2 months ago at this point. Never paid me. The guy that answers the phone always has the same canned answer. “Accounting has your check scheduled to go out next week”. I started hearing that about a month back. Called three times, and always the same response. Still no check, and im pretty pissed about it

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
I’ve heard this once before. I’m curious if you get paid. Check out the BBB if you don’t. I’d be pissed too

Mike. O

Oct 13, 2016
Real Name
Mike Ochoa
Your company subbed a job to me here in florida cause im a master cleaner. Been about 2 months ago at this point. Never paid me. The guy that answers the phone always has the same canned answer. “Accounting has your check scheduled to go out next week”. I started hearing that about a month back. Called three times, and always the same response. Still no check, and im pretty pissed about it
We apologize if you have experienced a delay. In certain states our company saw a huge overflow of work in January and February that was issued to Master Affiliate Partners. And I know our processing has been slower then usual as a result. We value all our Affiliate Master Partners. Please call 480-966-2201 and ask for Mike Ochoa and I will assist you personally.

pete

Apr 27, 2008
NASHVILLE TN
iv worked for them in the past with no problem but this time no payment i told them i will post every where i can to get the word out boss optima DOES NOT PAY !!!!!!!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
iv worked for them in the past with no problem but this time no payment i told them i will post every where i can to get the word out boss optima DOES NOT PAY !!!!!!!
Try and call the number posted above. Maybe you will get to the boss man.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Don't waste your time, I've been actively calling them DAILY for 3 months to try and collect payment. It's nothing but excuse after excuse after excuse.

Mike Ochoa won't call me period, I've left voicemails, contacted his "online internet person Cathy", spoken with Sean, Noel, Jon Gomez.

They are con artists and worse - they know they are being con artists so they simply don't care.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hell is the place for scammers.

scuba455

Jul 22, 2006
Florida
Called and left message for a job that I did and had not been payed for back in January.
Lets see if they get back to me.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
In my opinion and feedback from cleaners around country many of these sub companies have bought million dollar buildings, homes and live extravagantly. Many say its because they don't pay or pay very late. Imagine how many don't pursue. Sad.

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
I got paid after six months of chasing them. Their excuse is lame about being busy. They had the nerve to keep calling me for more jobs. Its only funny to screw the people doing your jobs until no one will do your jobs anymore isn’t it?The guy I did the work for was pissed at how they charged his card before i even did the work. Yet, they waited six months to pay me, and never would have if I wouldn’t have made a pain in the ass out of myself

Mass-Steamer

Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Howie Wallach
Unfortunately, I just found this thread.
Just filled in 3 open slots last week for Boss Optima who stated they would pay me via PayPal when the job was completed. Now they wont respond to my texts or return calls.
I'm declaring war on those scum.
Will go to Arizona to sue if necessary.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yeah they still owe me $1,200 and funny thing is they sent me a text today asking me to handle more of their "overflow" work lol

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Just take the work and when you show up, explain to the customer EXACTLY what is happening and that they should cancel and go with you at half the price. Lol