BOOST this BOOST THAT...What a CROCK! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

BOOST this BOOST THAT...What a CROCK!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I dont know about YOU....but I for one..think having to Boost any Chem is a CROCK! They're actually are Chems out there that come "BOOSTED" Already...as they should be. If you're wasting your $$$ on a Chem that needs "BOOSTED" to work effectively then you're buying into that CROCK!
Ever think about adding an EXTRA SCOOP..for more Fire Power....Yes That WORKS..really a No Brainer..
But having to carry on board an array of Additives is LAME at Best. Then all of a sudden you become a backyard Chemist and lose sight of what Works and what does NOT Work.
Food for thought Gents.....

Kevin De Medeiros

Dec 17, 2010
Ontario
Real Name
Kevin De Medeiros
Business Location
United States
I dont know about YOU....but I for one..think having to Boost any Chem is a CROCK! They're actually are Chems out there that come "BOOSTED" Already...as they should be. If you're wasting your $$$ on a Chem that needs "BOOSTED" to work effectively then you're buying into that CROCK!
Ever think about adding an EXTRA SCOOP..for more Fire Power....Yes That WORKS..really a No Brainer..
But having to carry on board an array of Additives is LAME at Best. Then all of a sudden you become a backyard Chemist and lose sight of what Works and what does NOT Work.
I did away most of those boosters as well. Was a prochem guy and was pretty much boosting all the time. Now using Bridgeport products and have cut my chemical inventory in half. Also tmf products work about the same with powder max and tile master. Trying to get my hands on some grout master but my distributor doesn't carry it only interlink tile master. Flex with citrus and flex with citrus are awesome.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I did away most of those boosters as well. Was a prochem guy and was pretty much boosting all the time. Now using Bridgeport products and have cut my chemical inventory in half. Also tmf products work about the same with powder max and tile master. Trying to get my hands on some grout master but my distributor doesn't carry it only interlink tile master. Flex with citrus and flex with citrus are awesome.
Bridgepoint's Chems ROCK..and you are so Correct..wont see a Bridgepoint product ever say.."This is the Best Stuff on Planet Earth" Buuuut if you really want a great product..Buy our BOOSTER!

Reactions: Scott W

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I agree 90%.

The benefit of having a peroxide (powdered especially) separate from your main Chems to be added at time of use means a stronger, more active mix. The liquid peroxide will break down over time, so if you have it already in your Chems you may end up having to boost anyway.

But anything else is nonsense. Why carry a Chem and a booster when you can carry a "safer" Chem and then a seperate (already) "boosted" Chem.

The only thing I have ever "boosted" with was a peroxide

Last edited:
Reactions: Allied and Barry C

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I agree 90%.

The benefit of having a peroxide (powdered especially) separate from your main Chems to be added at time of use means a stronger, more active mix. The liquid peroxide will break down over time, so if you have it already in your Chems you may end up having to boost anyway.

But anything else is nonsense. Why carry a Chem and a booster when you can carry a "safer" Chem and then a seperate (already) "boosted" Chem.
I knew I should have thrown that in there ie: Sodium Percarbonate stable in Dry form..til ya Adds thee Wa Wa...
Was trying Not to Confuse anyone...Buuuut NO..You had to bring it UP..Joe bro!:(

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Thanks for the support, Aloha Dave. I whole-heartedly agree that any chemical should be capable of doing the job it was intended to do. You should not need a booster routinely one very job or on most jobs. No secret formulas required.

But sometimes you run across the job that is much worse than usual. You could carry a super stong product for the rat nasty grease pits. But you might have good reason for not using that super nuclear kick-butt cleaner on every job if most jobs don't need it. Maybe not good for your health or the customer's health or the environment. Maybe just too expensive to use the strongest chemical on very job.

So there are times when a booster is helpful. Maybe a little extra Cirrus Solv for oils and grease. A little Boost All oxidizer to whiten and brighten colors. BUt if every job needs asome secret suace and a booster, you are buying the wrong juice.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the support, Aloha Dave. I whole-heartedly agree that any chemical should be capable of doing the job it was intended to do. You should not need a booster routinely one very job or on most jobs. No secret formulas required.

But sometimes you run across the job that is much worse than usual. You could carry a super stong product for the rat nasty grease pits. But you might have good reason for not using that super nuclear kick-butt cleaner on every job if most jobs don't need it. Maybe not good for your health or the customer's health or the environment. Maybe just too expensive to use the strongest chemical on very job.

So there are times when a booster is helpful. Maybe a little extra Cirrus Solv for oils and grease. A little Boost All oxidizer to whiten and brighten colors. BUt if every job needs asome secret suace and a booster, you are buying the wrong juice.
Precisely! I preferred to try and keep It KISS...(Keep it Simple Stupid) my take anyways....But did however used an Oxidizer for just because..it brightens things up as you said. BTW is JUICE the New Word theses Dazes?
I wanna go back to the Skull & Cross Bones on the Labels..You Know that stuffs gotta Work! lol

Kevin De Medeiros

Dec 17, 2010
Ontario
Real Name
Kevin De Medeiros
Business Location
United States

Scott, ithe staples on my truck are biobreak with citrus, flex with citrus, clean free and persons. If I need a bit of oxidizer to brighten up can I simple use clean free or persons as a boost if need be?

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Holy Crap Dave who poked you with a stick this morning !!
LOL !! Couldn't agree with you more my friend . If you're boosting an "also ran " chem then it's time to rethink what you're doing . Scott W. Is right about the greasy nasties and needing something to brighten the fibers up . Try to keep it simple too . Interlink chem's have treated me very well as have the people who run it . JMHO.
All the Best, Ed

Kevin De Medeiros

Dec 17, 2010
Ontario
Real Name
Kevin De Medeiros
Business Location
United States

Sorry clean free and pet zone. Damn spell check

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Holy Crap Dave who poked you with a stick this morning !!
LOL !! Couldn't agree with you more my friend . If you're boosting an "also ran " chem then it's time to rethink what you're doing . Scott W. Is right about the greasy nasties and needing something to brighten the fibers up . Try to keep it simple too . Interlink chem's have treated me very well as have the people who run it . JMHO.
All the Best, Ed
Yeppers Ed...Scott is what we used to call...A "Top drawer Pussy Cat!" He still is....That Man is the Most Honorable man I've ever met..That's No Joke..He has taught me more than anyone will know....In Fact he don't Know...I respect the gentleman...

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Scott, ithe staples on my truck are biobreak with citrus, flex with citrus, clean free and persons. If I need a bit of oxidizer to brighten up can I simple use clean free or persons as a boost if need be?
Clean Free is great for assuring a through rinse. It helps use any soap or detergent residues left from earlier cleanings to clean and then be flushed out. But it is not an oxidizer.

For an oxidizer as a booster, I would suggest Boost All. The new blue crystal boosters (Yes, there are now boosters for the booster!) make Boost All even better than ever,

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Kevin De Medeiros

Dec 17, 2010
Ontario
Real Name
Kevin De Medeiros
Business Location
United States
Clean Free is great for assuring a through rinse. It helps use any soap or detergent residues left from earlier cleanings to clean and then be flushed out. But it is not an oxidizer.

For an oxidizer as a booster, I would suggest Boost All. The new blue crystal boosters (Yes, there are now boosters for the booster!) make Boost All even better than ever,
It's too bad my supplier doesn't carry it. The only booster they have is the citrus solve which is awesome but no oxidizers. I use it for grease spots and things like that. I find for greasy restaurants biobreak with a bit of flex works really well so a gallon of citrus solve lasts me a while.

vladimir

Apr 3, 2011
palmdale ca.
Real Name
Dennis azenon
Business Location
United States
Ha so true I only carry a
9.6 ph
And a
13.2 ph for the rat nasties and if that doesn't work well it's time for a new carpet lol

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
It's too bad my supplier doesn't carry it. The only booster they have is the citrus solve which is awesome but no oxidizers. I use it for grease spots and things like that. I find for greasy restaurants biobreak with a bit of flex works really well so a gallon of citrus solve lasts me a while.
Who is your distirbutor? I will contact them and suggest they carry it.

Safety Express locations in Canada either have Boost All now or will be getting it soon.

Kevin De Medeiros

Dec 17, 2010
Ontario
Real Name
Kevin De Medeiros
Business Location
United States
Who is your distirbutor? I will contact them and suggest they carry it.

Safety Express locations in Canada either have Boost All now or will be getting it soon.
I use Sinclair cleaning systems as my supplier but if safety express is gonna carry Bridgepoint that's great cause they are ten mins from my office. Checked their site and nothing listed for Bridgepoint yet so must be coming soon I guess.