Boost All

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I need to clean my back deck. A lot of H202 cleaners out there for this.

@Scott W can I use Boost all? I already have.

YES,YES, I did a burn test. It it is cellulosic ! lol:D:D:D

And I will keep the dogs away so I don't get it on their hair. Don't want them felting up. !!

Years ago , I used a horsehair upholstery brush to splash apply a bunch of OSR(sorry, before Pet Zone) . Was a large house, and a lot of rinsing out. By the time I got around to packing, up the brush had pretty much dissolved into a bunch of goo!

Reactions: Joe cool

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I need to clean my back deck. A lot of H202 cleaners out there for this.

@Scott W can I use Boost all? I already have.

YES,YES, I did a burn test. It it is cellulosic ! lol:D:D:D

And I will keep the dogs away so I don't get it on their hair. Don't want them felting up. !!

Years ago , I used a horsehair upholstery brush to splash apply a bunch of OSR(sorry, before Pet Zone) . Was a large house, and a lot of rinsing out. By the time I got around to packing, up the brush had pretty much dissolved into a bunch of goo!

I have never used Boost All on a wooden deck. It seems it would help. You probably still need a surfactant / detergent. Maybe Wood Fresh or your favorite prespray boosted with Boost All.

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Hey Scott, while we are taking about boostall I have a questing. I typically never have problems with browning but I’ve used boost all on a couple occasions on light Carpets trying to get them to brighten up. I put 1-2 scoops on top of my normal prespray in a hydroforce. It seems the areas I put the fan on brown out a little when I’m using the boost all. I’ve added it to clean-rite Klenz and wool perfect Any idea why this might be

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Boost All acts as a buffer or pH stabilizer for alkaline products. It won't raise the pH if it is already alkaline but it keeps the pH from falling as it is diluted with water or from interactions with soils that tend to neutralize the pH.

Wool Perfect is close to neutral (8.0) and too much Boost All can change the pH. That can increase browning on light colored natural fibers.

I would not expect Boost All to change the pH of the Klenz.

Browning (or more often wicking) is more noticeable on light colored carpet. I think it is most likely that because the carpet color is light you see a color change easier.

So, it could be the combination of Wool Perfect and Boost All in some cases. I would cut back to about half the amount of Boost All you are using with Wool Perfect. (I hope your sale rep does not read that.) I think it more likely that the problem is just wicking more easily seen on light colors.

Reactions: admin