jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
My Minimum is $115. for up to 500 Sq. Ft. I may raise it again. I am booked solid for the next two weeks. That usually doesn't happen around here until June and July.
weve been hammered since the first of the year,,, all happy here on the money !

Reactions: Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
kyle can you explain your pricing to me? I would like to know how much it cost you to get up in the morning and go do a job?
Gas
chems
labor
Overhead? ( next month, track your expenses and see how much you can average your overhead into the amount of jobs you do, include insurance and such)

For me , every day and a half I have to fill my van up with gas,
55 bucks break it down thru say 3 jobs a day so I roughly use $15 bucks in gas per job, chems are usually around $3- $15 per job(going with 15) overhead $30 per job, labor 100 per job and profit 70 minimum so theres 230 I need each job to go over so I make a profit

but take the chems overhead and gas - I need each job to bust 90 bucks

Remember if you are not making a profit !!!!! you just created a job for yourself
I figures I make about 75$ on the low end and 115$ an hour on the high end. I pay my employee 9$. I use bio break and. Pretty spray. And rinse. Deotorizer is more disinfectant is more and to boost pretty spray is more each one add 10$ per area .

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
kyle can you explain your pricing to me? I would like to know how much it cost you to get up in the morning and go do a job?
Gas
chems
labor
Overhead? ( next month, track your expenses and see how much you can average your overhead into the amount of jobs you do, include insurance and such)

For me , every day and a half I have to fill my van up with gas,
55 bucks break it down thru say 3 jobs a day so I roughly use $15 bucks in gas per job, chems are usually around $3- $15 per job(going with 15) overhead $30 per job, labor 100 per job and profit 70 minimum so theres 230 I need each job to go over so I make a profit

but take the chems overhead and gas - I need each job to bust 90 bucks

Remember if you are not making a profit !!!!! you just created a job for yourself
Honestly been in business 16 years and never really kept track tell like I should have :( but I am now. 6 of the years I was in college though.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
so what is your cost to do a job?
Way less than $230 lol, it's also a lot less than your $100 in labor.

If we are talking normal residential carpet cleaning fuel is about $7, labor is about $40 (figuring 2 hrs with myself on payroll at $11/hr and my son at $8.50/hr), chemical about $5.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Way less than $230 lol, it's also a lot less than your $100 in labor.

If we are talking normal residential carpet cleaning fuel is about $7, labor is about $40 (figuring 2 hrs with myself on payroll at $11/hr and my son at $8.50/hr), chemical about $5.
so you are only figuring your labor at 11 bucks? how can you rationalize that ?

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Honestly been in business 16 years and never really kept track tell like I should have :( but I am now. 6 of the years I was in college though.
you have to figure out what it costs you to do a job, and what you want to make off of it.... I am not a good example because ive been doing this forever.. and im in a big city..

its still the same we all have to justify what we need to make when we go out on a job. Right?

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
you have to figure out what it costs you to do a job, and what you want to make off of it.... I am not a good example because ive been doing this forever.. and im in a big city..

its still the same we all have to justify what we need to make when we go out on a job. Right?
I try and make 75$ to 100$

Reactions: jtsunbrite

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor

Lots of others stuff just that my major biggest expense and my truck mount.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Lots of others stuff just that my major biggest expense and my truck mount.
lets say you get a truck mount for 20k just an example
3 years of payments 36 months = 666 a month
666 divided by 30 = 22.20 a day
that has to be factored into your jobs at least I do that

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
lets say you get a truck mount for 20k just an example
3 years of payments 36 months = 666 a month
666 divided by 30 = 22.20 a day
that has to be factored into your jobs at least I do that
Mine was 6500. But definitely is a factor. My overhead is pretty low.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Mine was 6500. But definitely is a factor. My overhead is pretty low.
you can take that 6500 and for as long as you have it figure out what it costs you each week or day or month to run...
this is a low overhead business

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
so you are only figuring your labor at 11 bucks? how can you rationalize that ?
My business is set up as an LLC partnership so any profit is considered our income. I am on payroll at $11/hr to pay into taxes so I won't owe a ton of money into federal and Social Security at the end of the year.
Of course we don't live on $11/hr, it's set up for tax purposes.

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
My business is set up as an LLC partnership so any profit is considered our income. I am on payroll at $11/hr to pay into taxes so I won't owe a ton of money into federal and Social Security at the end of the year.
Of course we don't live on $11/hr, it's set up for tax purposes.
I was considering putting myself on payroll as a normal employee for tax purposes as well. I pay myself $50 per hour though. Would tax me to death lol

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I was considering putting myself on payroll as a normal employee for tax purposes as well. I pay myself $50 per hour though. Would tax me to death lol
We don't need $50/hr to live comfortable here as cost of living is pretty low. I do make my house payment from my business account since it doesn't matter with how the business is set up and my wife is also set up in payroll as a part time employee. I also have extra withheld every week for taxes and I also receive VA that covers a majority of our living expenses

Reactions: mikevee

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
We don't need $50/hr to live comfortable here as cost of living is pretty low. I do make my house payment from my business account since it doesn't matter with how the business is set up and my wife is also set up in payroll as a part time employee. I also have extra withheld every week for taxes and I also receive VA that covers a majority of our living expenses
Thanks for serving

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
You need to talk to a tax person about the possibility of setting your company up as an S Corp.
Yes I do. I am a sole pro right now. So pay taxes at standard rates net deductions.