Booked solid | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Booked solid

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I am booked solid tell Thursday morning, sucks because i am sure i will get alot more call and loose money. Somtimes i wish i had another truck.

Reactions: admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Why is it bad to be booked?
When someone calls and i pretty much have to try and book them the next week. But everyone seems to want it right now lol

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Kyle as you go youll learn how to spread em out and even to schedule yourself off
I just got house call pro so thats helping. I am defiantly need to schedule time off

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
When someone calls and i pretty much have to try and book them the next week. But everyone seems to want it right now lol
How many jobs are you scheduling a day? Are you working 5, 6 or 7 days a week?

Reactions: Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
How many jobs are you scheduling a day? Are you working 5, 6 or 7 days a week?
I know i could do more jobs right now 3 jobs a day is where i like to be. In utah its crazy how its all layed out i live in south ogden which is about 30 min to SLC than another 30 or so to Prove and lots of little citys in between so driven time makes a big deal for me. We start around 9 for the first job usually by the time we drive stop for a drink which is a time waster maybe stop by the supply house which is also a time waster. We end up not getting to the second job tell 11 or somtimes as late as 1. Than try and finish that job between 2 and 3.30 and head to the final job. Done by 5 or 7

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Think about getting an answering service :)
My employee is going to kill me. Im always on the phone he gets mad but im like i cant miss this call if i do they will call someone else. I try and seal the deal the first call. I feel like I land about 70 percent off that first call.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Yep I have to schedule fishin trips pretty regular or I start getting grumpy and couple good size flatheads usually is the fix.
I have a time share we go to ever July for one week. We go to Big sky montana it 45 min from west Yellowstone. about 6 hour drive from where i am at in utah. I love fly fishing up there.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I know i could do more jobs right now 3 jobs a day is where i like to be. In utah its crazy how its all layed out i live in south ogden which is about 30 min to SLC than another 30 or so to Prove and lots of little citys in between so driven time makes a big deal for me. We start around 9 for the first job usually by the time we drive stop for a drink which is a time waster maybe stop by the supply house which is also a time waster. We end up not getting to the second job tell 11 or somtimes as late as 1. Than try and finish that job between 2 and 3.30 and head to the final job. Done by 5 or 7
Try scheduling your jobs by the area, meaning schedule Salt Lake on Monday's and Wednesday and the other cities on different days to save travel time. Also bring drinks from home and keep them in a cooler in the van, much cheaper and saves time. You should not need to stop for supplies more than once every 2 weeks, once a week if you have jobs that need special supplies that you normally do not carry. I go to our local Bridge Point about once every 2 months and buy my chems by the 5 gallon buckets to keep plenty on hand and to save $.

Reactions: burbuja2 and Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Try scheduling your jobs by the area, meaning schedule Salt Lake on Monday's and Wednesday and the other cities on different days to save travel time. Also bring drinks from home and keep them in a cooler in the van, much cheaper and saves time. You should not need to stop for supplies more than once every 2 weeks, once a week if you have jobs that need special supplies that you normally do not carry. I go to our local Bridge Point about once every 2 months and buy my chems by the 5 gallon buckets to keep plenty on hand and to save $.
Im going to do that for sure. Probably saves you a ton.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
My employee is going to kill me. Im always on the phone he gets mad but im like i cant miss this call if i do they will call someone else. I try and seal the deal the first call. I feel like I land about 70 percent off that first call.
your employee is getting mad at you lol

who cares.

you sign the checks.

when i do work with a helper we dont have that issue. it's important to have clear instructions. a good helper will know his place and responsibilities

not saying we've never had nightmare workers but boundaries need to be in place imo

Reactions: Allied and Kyle8