bonesaw vct stripper | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

bonesaw vct stripper

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
On the website it only shows option for buying 10 5 gallon pails. Can you still get 4x1 gallons in a case?
Where do I buy?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Oh dang, looks like they changed it. That sucks because it would take me 5 years to use it all up. Heck, 2.5 gallons has gotten me through nearly all my annual jobs plus a few others. I can't afford to store it.

Floorcare MD is the only place that sells it.

Reactions: Allied

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Oh dang, looks like they changed it. That sucks because it would take me 5 years to use it all up. Heck, 2.5 gallons has gotten me through nearly all my annual jobs plus a few others. I can't afford to store it.

Floorcare MD is the only place that sells it.
Yup. Seems the bureaucrats are up to it again. Michael got back to me really quickly when I inquired about this. Here is his email to me.

Hi Andrew.
As of June, the DOT, FedEx and UPS has changed the rules for shipping corrosive labeled liquids. There is now a one liter limit allowed to be sent by FedEx And UPS. USPS will not allow any size at all. Heavy fines and penalties could occur to us if we attempt to ship floor stripper as we (and all floor care chemical manufacturers) have in the past. They give no reason it explanation.
We are working to meet the new guidelines and requirements for bottling and special packaging.
If you would need floor finish, cleaners/maintainers along with the Bonesaw, we ship pallets daily and could work a great quote for the products for you.
Thanks for understanding

@RobAllen will this affect any of your product shipping?

aworxllc

Nov 14, 2013
Naples, Florida
www.advantageworx.com
Real Name
Shane Southerland
Business Location
United States
Not to hijack a thread, but how much more do you charge for stripping and waxing a bunch of small floors? I have done a bunch of big areas, but I have a quote to do for 12 floors in 4 buildings (3 each), in different stacks, so 12 setup and teardowns on 18th floor, water brought up from ground level.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Yup. Seems the bureaucrats are up to it again. Michael got back to me really quickly when I inquired about this. Here is his email to me.

Hi Andrew.
As of June, the DOT, FedEx and UPS has changed the rules for shipping corrosive labeled liquids. There is now a one liter limit allowed to be sent by FedEx And UPS. USPS will not allow any size at all. Heavy fines and penalties could occur to us if we attempt to ship floor stripper as we (and all floor care chemical manufacturers) have in the past. They give no reason it explanation.
We are working to meet the new guidelines and requirements for bottling and special packaging.
If you would need floor finish, cleaners/maintainers along with the Bonesaw, we ship pallets daily and could work a great quote for the products for you.
Thanks for understanding

Jeeze. That sucks. I just checked at Jon Don and I can still buy a single gallon of stripper but it now costs about $45 to ship. A $25 jug of stipper...

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Not to hijack a thread, but how much more do you charge for stripping and waxing a bunch of small floors? I have done a bunch of big areas, but I have a quote to do for 12 floors in 4 buildings (3 each), in different stacks, so 12 setup and teardowns on 18th floor, water brought up from ground level.
Not sure, I'm pretty new to vct. That's a lot of extra work, just all the edging adds a lot. The setup and tear down would take forever. I'd say like $1 a foot? Just a guess though. If your busy it's not worth doing for cheap!

clean-sweep

Jan 7, 2010
kentucky
Real Name
ryan hill
Business Location
United States
Is there any way around this??? I really depend on this stripper but can't store it.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Is there any way around this??? I really depend on this stripper but can't store it.
You might be able to talk to them and order up a single 5 gal pail but the cost of shipping now is probably going to be double or more the cost of that pail. I checked with Jon Don and a gallon of stripper from them that costs $25 will cost $40 to ship now. Basically, unless you order a pallet the freight charge isn't going to be worth it.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States

Hi Andrew.
Thanks for understanding

Fwaaaak!

I get a case every year or so.

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Fwaaaak!

I get a case every year or so.
Wow, just got another reply from Michael. I will copy and paste again. Seems we are back in business.

Andrew.
After hours of discussions with FedEx, we have a container available that can be shipped.
We will start the deliveries of the 4 qt case on Monday 6/19

Now the bad news for me.... they don't ship to Canada. So no bonesaw for me :(

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Wow, just got another reply from Michael. I will copy and paste again. Seems we are back in business.

Andrew.
After hours of discussions with FedEx, we have a container available that can be shipped.

Bummer...but thanks for the update. Bonesaw is the stuff.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips

Andrew.

Thats great but I'm fearful of what the shipping will be?

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Bummer...but thanks for the update. Bonesaw is the stuff.
No thats good news, he's saying that he came to an agreement with fedex in that they found a suitable container that they can ship it in. Hopefully the price is the same. He just needs to start shipping to Canada :( Tons of VCT up here!!! Missing out on lots of customers!!

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
No thats good news, he's saying that he came to an agreement with fedex in that they found a suitable container that they can ship it in. Hopefully the price is the same. He just needs to start shipping to Canada :( Tons of VCT up here!!! Missing out on lots of customers!!
I meant bummer for you...stuff is good

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
There are just as good strippers in Canada as anything you can buy and ship here. Try butchers attack HD. I'll promise you it will be as good or better than anything you can buy state side.

Reactions: JanitorByNight

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
There are just as good strippers in Canada as anything you can buy and ship here. Try butchers attack HD. I'll promise you it will be as good or better than anything you can buy state side.
I've used betco extreme, is that just as good as bonesaw?

I can't find a product called butchers attack on google

Last edited:

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I personally wouldn't recommend betco products. There not the line of products in my opinion that stand up to the "field test"

gr4474

Oct 2, 2011
LOUISIANA
www.bluecarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Greg Rodie
Business Location
United States
I just bid on a 40,000 sf job that i hope to get. I know the manager really well. Good to know bonesaw is the stripper to get. The finish is really thick. I was told 7 layers, but could be more.

What high gloss finish should I use?