Jan 10, 2019
Cleveland, OH
valleyfloorcleaning.com
Real Name
Troy Janashak
Business Location
United States
Hello,
I have a Blue Line Blue Wave Truckmount with a Kubota Engine. Recently, my liquid Heat Exchanger brokedown and I will need a replacement. I called Legend Brands and they told that they do not make that exact heat exchanger anymore. But said they have a compatible Heli-Coil Heat Exchanger for $2,500. I rather not spend anywhere close to that. Anyone know any repair shops or alternatives? I am a cleaner out of Cleveland Ohio.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
It depends on what "broke down" means. If you have a small rupture in one of the coils, and it is accessible, a good welder may be able to braze it for you. If you have multiple ruptures, or they are large, brazing may not hold them for long. And anything structurally wrong outside of the coils is catch-as-catch can.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

ValleyFloor

Jan 10, 2019
Cleveland, OH
valleyfloorcleaning.com
Real Name
Troy Janashak
Business Location
United States
It depends on what "broke down" means. If you have a small rupture in one of the coils, and it is accessible, a good welder may be able to braze it for you. If you have multiple ruptures, or they are large, brazing may not hold them for long. And anything structurally wrong outside of the coils is catch-as-catch can.
I believe it has multiple ruptures. I am going to remove it from the machine soon so I can see it. Would it be worth buying a used one?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
strip it and go propane or diesel

Reactions: ACP

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
If it isn't leaking coolant. Then bypass the solution lines. Connect the two hoses together. May not be quite as hot but you will be working till you can get it figured out as to how you are going to fix it.

Reactions: ValleyFloor and SRD

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
Liquid to liquid colent heat exchanger is the best and most simple way to heat Water that you can get

Way better than propane or fuel fire heat exchangers

ValleyFloor

Jan 10, 2019
Cleveland, OH
valleyfloorcleaning.com
Real Name
Troy Janashak
Business Location
United States
If it isn't leaking coolant. Then bypass the solution lines. Connect the two hoses together. May not be quite as hot but you will be working till you can get it figured out as to how you are going to fix it.
Update: I bypassed the solution lines and finally got around to removing the Liquid Heat Exchanger and wow. The housing is built like a tank with welds all the way around it. I might just buy a pre-owned Heli-Coil Liquid Heat Exchanger. Unless I find an alternative. Check out the pictures and let me know what you think?

Attachments

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
What are the measurements I have to coolant to solution hx from a Maxx 470 I don't know if it will work. But try running it without the HX. If you don't have any problems with the solution temperature then I would not be worried about it.

Reactions: ValleyFloor

ValleyFloor

Jan 10, 2019
Cleveland, OH
valleyfloorcleaning.com
Real Name
Troy Janashak
Business Location
United States
What are the measurements I have to coolant to solution hx from a Maxx 470 I don't know if it will work. But try running it without the HX. If you don't have any problems with the solution temperature then I would not be worried about it.
It used to be throw out some fire at like 240+ Degrees. Now it’s only up to like 200-205. I loved the heat. In regards to measurements: length: 14.5in, Height: 12in, Width: 6.5in.

ValleyFloor

Jan 10, 2019
Cleveland, OH
valleyfloorcleaning.com
Real Name
Troy Janashak
Business Location
United States
Not sure how in love with the TM you are, but you probably could have that fabbed up locally pretty reasonably in SS.
I like the TM a lot mainly because I got such a great deal on it and it does everything I need it to do. However, it does take a little while to heat up like about 10 minutes, which isn’t horrible. I’m going to checkout a pre-owned Heli-coil pre heater tomorrow for $300 that has about 1500 hours on it. I most likely will just buy it.

Reactions: Jim Davisson