Blue fairly new TMF wand for sale

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I bought the blue tmf wand not too long ago and used it not more than 5 times. It is a great wand very solid and looks like it will last for very long time, when I was buying it I thought I would be able to cut it and shorten it using the mytee wand coupler, however because the wand is coated in blue the coupler didn't fit through the tube. This wand is too tall for my height, I am 5.7. I wouldn't recommend this wand to anyone who is shorter then 5.9. Tomorrow when I have the chance I will take pics and post them here. The brand new is priced close to $1400, for this one I am thinking $1050 with free shipping but you take care of the duty charge. I can ship to the US but prefer that buyer to be closer to Toronto so the shipping fee would not be too high.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
You can buff off the blue powder coating with a wire wheel to give you more tolerance for the Mytee coupler...
Or just weld it as said above, and make your cut under the handle, so it keeps the nice blue paint job

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
You can buff off the blue powder coating with a wire wheel to give you more tolerance for the Mytee coupler...
Or just weld it as said above, and make your cut under the handle, so it keeps the nice blue paint job
I thought about sanding it but I need to buy a sander. I will look in to both options the welding and the sanding so the coupler fits easily. I will see a welder tomorrow, I am not familiar with welding at all, will it be strong enough to keep this for longer years?

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
I thought about sanding it but I need to buy a sander. I will look in to both options the welding and the sanding so the coupler fits easily. I will see a welder tomorrow, I am not familiar with welding at all, will it be strong enough to keep this for longer years?
The welding will outlast any wear and tear you put on that wand.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Have em tig weld it youll be good as gold. If thats titanium make sure they can weld titanium most welders dont.
As far as I know it's titanium. I will talk to him tomorrow. If I can't find a welder then I will buy a sander to sand about 6 inches so the coupler fits through. I have shortened both of my mytee Bentley wands and it's still solid tact after couple of years of usage.

Reactions: SRD

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
As far as I know it's titanium. I will talk to him tomorrow. If I can't find a welder then I will buy a sander to sand about 6 inches so the coupler fits through. I have shortened both of my mytee Bentley wands and it's still solid tact after couple of years of usage.
Sander too hard
Need a wire wheel on a die grinder/drill/bench grinder...take 30secs
But that’s too hard,
If the MYTEE titanium tube is a few thou off the TMF tube all the sanding/wire wheeling/linishing could all be for nothing and still not fit, save time and hassle because the Welding will be MUCH stronger than the MYTEE coupler As said above TIG is the go!!
The coupler is only a customer service thing, so anyone any height anywhere in the world, even if there are no welding shops, can change the length to longer or shorter, without hassle!

Chop it where you want it and mark it so they don’t screw it!!
Look for a Motorsport/mechanical/exhaust and walk in with a case of good Beer
Titanium should be no problem, lots of car sports/racing exhausts -Japanese are titanium!

That’s a welded titanium tube - Lobster cut straight pipe cut into pie wedges to make hi-flow smooth radius turns!!! oooh titanium is so pretty when welded!
Almost a pity it’s powder coated blue if you take a torch/flame you can make titanium go rainbow cool!!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Sander too hard
But that’s too hard,
If the MYTEE titanium tube is a few thou off the TMF tube all the sanding/wire wheeling/linishing could all be for nothing and still not fit, save time and hassle because the Welding will be MUCH stronger than the MYTEE coupler As said above TIG is the go!!
The coupler is only a customer service thing, so anyone any height anywhere in the world, even if there are no welding shops, can change the length to longer or shorter, without hassle!

Titanium should be no problem, lots of car sports/racing exhausts -Japanese are titanium!

That’s a welded titanium tube - Lobster cut straight pipe cut into pie wedges to make hi-flow smooth radius turns!!! oooh titanium is so pretty when welded!
Almost a pity it’s powder coated blue if you take a torch/flame you can make titanium go rainbow cool!!
I shutter to think what that lobster cut exhaust pipe cost to fabricate... It's beautiful work though!

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Sander too hard
But that’s too hard,

Sweet stuff, I decided to go with welding option. I got 4 companies in my list and trying to decide which one will provide a quality work.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Ok I spoke to 2 welders so far and both told me that it may not last for a long time because it is aluminum and thin back wall. So it is for sale, the best I can do is $950 with free shipping I got the original box, if there is a duty tax that would not be me the buyer will pay that. Anyone please message me privately thanks.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ok I spoke to 2 welders so far and both told me that it may not last for a long time because it is aluminum and thin back wall. So it is for sale, the best I can do is $950 with free shipping I got the original box, if there is a duty tax that would not be me the buyer will pay that. Anyone please message me privately thanks.
The tube is aluminum? I thought they were titanium?