Blue Baron Heat Exchanger - Condensed Version | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Blue Baron Heat Exchanger - Condensed Version

Newman

Oct 20, 2008
St. Charles, Illinois
Real Name
Chris Newman
6/20/08 - I purchased a Heat Exchanger advertised on Ebay from Peter Garland, owner of Blue Baron Truckmounts.

9/9/08 – I had the time to pull the OEM HX from my Performer, crate and ship it off to Mr. Garland.

12/2/08 – Peter Garland demanded an additional $208.00 to ship out my completed HX. I negotiated it down to $115.00 and sent him more money.

12/20/08 – Over 3 months later I received the HX from Blue Baron and it did not fit. Mr. Garland stated "You are on your own with this one".

7/21/09 – I read a post by BackYardBob from Australia, he was considering the purchase of a Blue Baron Truck Mount. I replied with a brief summation of my purchase experience with Peter Garland.

7/28/09 – Mr. Rob Allen personally called and invited Mr. Peter Garland (who had not been to TMF before) to post in his own defense. Mr. Garland went as far as changing his website URL that was www.bluebarontruckmounts.com to www.bluebaronmachines.com and www.bluebaroncarpetcleaningmachines.com in an effort to avoid my experience with him form appearing to potential customers in a google search

9/9/09
– Peter Garland offered me a $400 refund for the HX I paid him $795 for. I respectfully declined.

9/12/09 – Peter Garland offered a partial conditional refund of $830 if I removed my ad from Ebay and the Blue Baron thread on TMF was removed.

9/17/09
– HX arrived at Blue Baron Machines world HQ. Ebay ad and TMF thread removed.

9/24/09 – I had no response from Mr. Garland so I posted a picture of the HX for sale on Ebay for $795. I later purchased the URL www.bluebarontruckmount.com and posted that for sale on Ebay.

11/14/09 – I received a $200 payment from Peter Garland.

12/23/09 - Peter Garland mailed a check for $630 to me. :hi:I removed my Ebay ad. I removed the verbage / copy from my http://www.bluebarontruckmount.com website. I wait for the payment to arrive USPS and then the funds to clear.

T

TheEyeball

That's quite a story! Quick thinking buying his old URL and then selling it back. That is awesome!

On a side note, if that HX of his would have fit, do you think you would have been impressed by it? He's advertising them as some sort of leap in technology but from what I can tell, an exchanger is an exchanger. I'm curious to know what they're all about.

Carpet Man

Banned
Sep 8, 2010
NJ
Real Name
Dan Williams
Business Location
United States
Blue Baron's Awesome Heat Exchanger Rocks

Pete has an excellent reputation for building quality Heat Exchangers & Truck Mounts.
His Customer Service and attitude to me has been TOP NOTCH! It took me a long time to find a Truck Mount like the Blue Baron that gives out such great Heat......and to all those Carpet Cleaners looking for a " Hard to Find Fabricator" Pete is the only one in the Country Canada and abroad that has Axis Point Patent Pending Heat Exchanger.

Many:AddEmoticons0423: Thanks Pete

MR GUY

Sep 19, 2010
Real Name
jon Kelly
Business Location
United States
Re: Blue Baron's Awesome Heat Exchanger Rocks

Pete has an excellent reputation for building quality Heat Exchangers & Truck Mounts.
His Customer Service and attitude to me has been TOP NOTCH! It took me a long time to find a Truck Mount like the Blue Baron that gives out such great Heat......and to all those Carpet Cleaners looking for a " Hard to Find Fabricator" Pete is the only one in the Country Canada and abroad that has Axis Point Patent Pending Heat Exchanger.

Many:AddEmoticons0423: Thanks Pete
Not a chance in hell that this is not Peter himself. no one ever would have said such things, this guys crazy. -Guy

Oct 30, 2009
Omaha, NE
Real Name
Shaun Sailors
Business Location
United States
I just have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread! It's things like this that help us all decide who to buy from when we need parts, and gives us an idea what kind a experience to expect when dealing with certain individuals and their businesses.

Carpet Man

Banned
Sep 8, 2010
NJ
Real Name
Dan Williams
Business Location
United States
Re: ProChem Legend Heat Exchanger
I purchased a Blue Baron truck mount from Pete and have always found him to be Honest and customer service ready. I even heard that he will even take time out for others on a weekends and even people that do not even buy his products. He has stepped his work force now to a new level built a Huge Shop on his property and soon from what I heard will be moving into a larger facility. I know there are alot of customers that had absolutely No Problem adapting his Heaters to Prochem Perfomers,Legends etc. He told me he will even free install if there is problem with the Retro fitting. I notice his plates have been cut down to easy fit the machine and suggests using the Flex Pipe to replace the need for Flange to Flange.

To say the least his Heat Exchangers are awesome with instant heat and stable. I know cause my Blue Baron 45 gets up excellent heat all the time. When he last talk to me I mentioned about Chris Normans Video on which he replied. Well if this can help me become better aquainted with the details of the install he is all for it.

jcenny24

Apr 11, 2010
Real Name
Jarrett Center
Business Location
United States
all i got to say is I know you were happy when you got that check for $630 :)