Blown head gasket fixed by Jon Don??

CreativeCleaner

Oct 20, 2011
Real Name
Craig Corbett
Business Location
United States
I have a Prochem Peak with 1700 hours on it. One of the head gaskets blew so I had the service techs replace both. Now the machine goes through a full radiator tank in a day. Water leaks out of exhaust when first started then stops when machine is warm (I assume it’s evaporating??). Also, there seems to be oil (Not much, but very noticeable) on the 4 bolts that hold the heads to the motor. In addition, I also witnessed water pouring out of the overflow for the radiator. Is this a sign of a botched head job? Thanks

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
When you check the dipstick is there any water in the oil? It could be more than just the head gasket. The head is most likely cracked or warped. If the engine ran out of water and super overheated it may have damaged the engine beyond repair.

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
I agree with Todd. More then likely a cracked head. You also have to be careful when heads are machined if they went too low and cut to deep into the water jackets that can cause premature failure of the head gasket. Only way to fix that is new heads

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Sounds like a warranty covered issue....?

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
It's a simple job if done properly. If it's using water there is a leak somewhere.

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
Water out the exhaust, pushing water out overflow, having to add water are all signs of a leak. Stop by autoparts and have them check radiator fluid for exhaust gas b4 you add water.

Reactions: Jim Davisson