Blower | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Blower

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
I have a chemtex panther and the pulley keeps slipping back off of he shaft on the blower interlink tech has no idea why it wont stay tight any one had this problem...... i even bought a brand new blower & pulley & the same thing happen.....thanks for any input

Sent from my SM-G935T using TMF Forums mobile app

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I went & got a new blower pulley coupler & interlink said tgey put tge locktite in & the pulley still wont stay tight?

If they used the old set screw then that is probably the problem. They are designed to cut into the shaft slightly and if they are worn then they would do that and it will work its way out of the hole. Order or get new set screws and see if that fixes your problem. Also, check the alignment.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Some things you can try before replacing if you are mechanical and have the tools.

Is there one or two set screws on that pulley?
If there is only one you can drill and tap for a 2nd. set screw.

If they are smaller setscrews you can retap for a larger size.
I sometimes retap to use 5/16" min. set screws.
Set screws should be as wide as the key.

Loose fitting keys will make a setscrew vibrate loose.
Always replace the key at the first sign of wear and use a new key on a new pulley.

You can also try these (knurled point set screws) before you replace the pulley:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=182358549351

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Look at what the tech did....im switching it out to a rexnord omega coupling has anyone had any experience with those

The picture is a little dark. Are those hose clamps on the pulley?? If so, that will set up a vibration and cause the screws to work their way out.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I suppose the hose clamps are being used for a spacer as to the shaft moving .

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
I had the same thing happen on my old 14 horse panther. The coupling is mounted to far forward on the blower shaft. I replaced the coupling and the same thing happened. The vibration makes it loose as there is not enough shaft for it to hang on to. So I had a machine shop modify my old coupling by machining it out and putting a shaft into the old coupling. I have some pictures so it makes sense.
The new setup uses all of the blower shaft. This has around 1000 hours on it and it works perfect.
The two pictures of the coupling that I am holding is what it looks like before the machining.

Attachments

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
Yeah nightmare for me 2 until i did a little research with the help of Google now my panther runs totally different with that new coupler system cost more but its designed especially for miss alignment @accentsincleaning