Blower rebuild | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Blower rebuild

Dr Rugsnstone

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
James Reese
Good morning, I followed Rob's videos and replaced the bearings and seals on my Sutorbilt 4ML. The videos only show the front side of the blower what do I need to know to replace seals and bearings on the back side where the gears are located?

Thanks in advance

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
You'll need Rob to make another video.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Good morning, I followed Rob's videos and replaced the bearings and seals on my Sutorbilt 4ML. The videos only show the front side of the blower what do I need to know to replace seals and bearings on the back side where the gears are located?

Thanks in advance
Are they bad? Generally they only go out on the drive side.

Dr Rugsnstone

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
James Reese
Are they bad? Generally they only go out on the drive side.
I doubt they are bad but it was leaking oil I assume it is the gasket but the kit I bought had rear bearings and seals as well and I figured since I was doing it I might as well do everything. If a rear seal was leaking oil assume I would have found oil inside on the lobes and shaft.

Reactions: SRD

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
I doubt they are bad but it was leaking oil I assume it is the gasket but the kit I bought had rear bearings and seals as well and I figured since I was doing it I might as well do everything. If a rear seal was leaking oil assume I would have found oil inside on the lobes and shaft.
I have torn down many engines to the crankshaft and rebuilt them...but the only 2 Sutorbilt blowers I took apart to do the rear I was never able to get them back in time when I reassembled them.
I think it takes a experienced rebuilder when it comes to a total rebuild on them.
Just my experience though.

Reactions: Howard A Read

Dr Rugsnstone

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
James Reese
I have torn down many engines to the crankshaft and rebuilt them...but the only 2 Sutorbilt blowers I took apart to do the rear I was never able to get them back in time when I reassembled them.
I think it takes a experienced rebuilder when it comes to a total rebuild on them.
Just my experience though.
I appreciate your input. Your experience reinforced my decision not to fix that which is not broken.

Reactions: Kevin Dumas