Blower issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

newguy136

Jul 29, 2018
Real Name
Dagwood Bumstead
I renctly changed my blower oil, set the levels at the half way point of the sight windows. After a few days I checked the levels and one side is almost empty and the other is full to the top. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Fill it up again to the center of the sight glass.
Some of them are hard to see the oil level. Maybe you just filled it incorrectly the first time.
I'm sure you checked for a leak?

newguy136

Jul 29, 2018
Real Name
Dagwood Bumstead
Set the levels back to the middle yesterday, no leaks that I've seen. I cleaned the floor around and under to see if any leaks appear.

newguy136

Jul 29, 2018
Real Name
Dagwood Bumstead
Did a couple of jobs yesterday, ran the machine about 4 hrs, checked the levels this morning and both were down to almost empty. Took about 3-4 ozs each side to get back up to half way up the sight windows. No sign of any leaks anywhere near the blower. Only a small leak from one of the drain hoses, but that was only about half a teaspoon.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I have only had one blower leak on my Tuthill in 16 years. Mine was leaking out the front of the blower. It turned out to need a new front seal. It so happened my rear oil seal on my engine was leaking at the same time so I got Jondon to fix them both while they had it apart. I've had no further leaks from the blower in like 10 years or better. I don't know if it's possible for the oil to leak into the blower chamber so you wouldn't see it on the outside, but it seems reasonable that it could. If you're losing that much oil it has to be going somewhere. I'd get it checked out before you wind up buying a new blower$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
I hope I can help

I had an issue after an oil change that sounds similar. I had a hard time seeing my oil levels and I couldn’t keep them balanced...

I drained both sides and removed the sight glass on both sides and soaked them

It ended up being a buildup on them that prevented me from getting a true look at the oil levels...

After I cleaned them I was good to go!