BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
This is Bonnet Pro but I have cleaned since 1985 and after my only brother Michael was murdered in 1991 I started offering this type of cleaning to help families that had to deal with the trauma of the death. Helping the family members so they dont have to clean up the dead is a huge service to the community.
That said, I stopped counting at 100 events. On the advise of a customer in Australia who use Omegazyme to clean up blood I thought I would try it on a smaller job yesterday. It was the easiest job I had ever done due to the zyme help and it was a smaller incident. Dried and set blood can be challenging to remove. This is a condensed version of what I did.

I evaluated the scene and decided to try Zyme on this one. I mixed approx 12 ounces per gallon equivalent into my hydroforce and liberally sprayed the blood spots. At this point had clear water in the extractor so nothing messed with the enzyme. I let it sit about 4 minutes and resprayed it so I was certain I had enough to interact with all the blood and also be able to follow the blood through the carpet.

I let Zyme work about 35 minutes and extracted with clear water. I did not use and product like MicroBan QGC because if I need to reapply Zyme the QGC would kill it. Everything but the large puddle came out easily. I resprayed the large puddle and this time brushed it in and then extracted. It looked good but had a slight red ting to it so I sprayed Revive iT Oxy spotter. I did this for two reasons. One to help remove the shadow of the blood that still remained and two as an indicator.
As I continued to rinse there was no visible sign of the blood. But was it clean? not yet. I sprayed the oxy again and rinsed and repeated several more time until I saw no foaming, no interaction with the peroxide on the prior blood soaked areas.
After the job is cleaned then I like to go back and re rinse with QGC this also helps to start to sanitize the hoses and tools, then I apply Benefect when all the washing is done.

Always remember to Bio wash your tools and machine after you are finished and deal with your safe walk off area if one was used. Wicking can be common when cleaning blood even with a truckmount and water claw so expect it and inform the customer that this can occur. Cutting out and replacing is always the safe bet but in the case with the housing authority they want to save the carpet when ever possible so I cleaned this one. The blood trailed into the bedroom but these several pics give an idea of the job.

005.JPG
006.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
015.JPG

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
WOW.. blood is tough. I like to use a peroxide let dwell about 20 to 25 minutes. Coldwater flash before and after peroxide treatment. However I have not been 100% successful. Probably closer to the 65–70% range. That's a great result you're getting there good read

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
Blood can be tough and will usually wick back. This job did. I am going later to check out and correct the wicking later today. Just be careful to keep yourself save with PPE ( personal protection equipment) suite, gloves, face shield and when picking up items that may be sharp use tongs to protect yourself from a skin puncture. Ask me how I know that.
We want to clean for visual appearance but also for the safety for people re occupying the space. The job above took about 1.5 hours and was billing the job minimum of $625.

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
Using a portable for blood in my opinion could be a health hazard. The vac motors exhaust into the room spreading bacteria and viruses. Same thinking doing pet issues. All about blowback into the air.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Bio Hazard for sure. Nice job on the clean-up but how much of that got under the carpet would be my concern.
Most standards call for the removal of the effected material with proper disposal and PPE.

A few drops of blood is one thing but that looked a little excessive. Not trying to rain on your parade. Just sayin. :)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The waste water looks like blood. Pretty gross.

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
I agree with the above comments to a point. Some buildings like this one want it cleaned not replaced. If I feel I can then I will, but for most jobs it is best to go by the book and remove and replace.
Not concerned with the exhaust on this one. If it was a smelly rotten mess then I would not be so happy to use the portable and be in the room without a repirator and would have been rinsing with Microban QGC and would have performed some other steps like wet fogging as the last step.. I cleaned it this way just to see if the advice I had gotten for using Omegazyme on blood was a good tip or not. This thread not ment to be a how to for bio clean up. I should have made that clear in the post. My mistake.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
BonnetPro,

Enzymes, thymol, and peroxides are always my go-to suggestions for blood cleanup. While I agree that the methods described herein aren't what I'd refer to as "ideal", lol, I think the point you were making - enzyme activity and its role in breaking down protein spots of all types - is very important.