Blind Cleaning

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 27, 2014
Real Name
craig shelby jr
How many people on here clean and repair blinds? I was looking into a business opportunity for a blind cleaning, repair, and sales business. Just wondering if anyone does this on here?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
We clean blinds but don’t repair. I’d rather dig ditches personally then make money being a blind cleaner.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
When I took my IICRC class ( UFT ) the guy who sat beside me told me he was getting in to this . Wanted the upholstery class so he could sell that as well . Took a week long class at some blind manufacturing plant in Colorado . Was from Long Island , NY .
Never did hear if he started his business .
All the Best , Ed

Jun 27, 2014
Real Name
craig shelby jr
They have different cleaning methods ultrasonics and a low pressure washing system as well. Repairing is a nice add on restring, shortening, tilters etc. Seems like a niche business as I have been searching online not many people in the area doing this.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
I got in the blind cleaning biz back in the 80s about the time the expensive ultrasonic cleaning machines were coming out. I built my own system with telesoping 2 X 4s and clamps.

Some tips... The only blind cleaner worth a dam (and I tried them all) is called Versitol 500 and is sold by Winsol Labs in Seatle or at least they were. Something about Versitol and how it breaks the bond between dirt and the metal blinds. Spray it on mixed ten to one, scrub the blind with a 14" horse hair brush (you usually find them in a window cleaning website) then rinse with cold hose water with or without a spray nozel.

PS I don't miss cleaning blinds.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I had ultrasonic units for cleaning fire damaged contents. Expanded that to include blind cleaning. Learned to do a few simple repairs.

The machines did the job well, but there was limited business in a small town. Some plastic yellowed with sunlight and or years of exposure to tobacco smoke. Not everything came clean.

Jun 27, 2014
Real Name
craig shelby jr
Thanks for the input I was leaning towards a low pressure system I can get the training, equipment, for around 15K. I can run everything out of my truck with camper shell, and provide a mobile cleaning, repair, install business for commercial and residential. I live in an area that has around 1 million population. I am a career firefighter just looking to work part time my ideal is cleaning, repair, and limited install. I know its a niche market a lot of places in my area sale and install but I have found only 2-3 that do cleaning and repairs.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Is there a way of researching how many people are searching for blind cleaning in your demographic?

Jun 27, 2014
Real Name
craig shelby jr
Not sure I am not really a computer guy. Maybe someone on here knows a way to do that .

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Is there a way of researching how many people are searching for blind cleaning in your demographic?
I have no idea how to search that information, but I think it will be a very low number in most places. If any service, including blind cleaning is not being advertised in a community, the first person to offer the service needs to go out and education the potential customer base. He can get a great foothold on a business with little competition, but he will be making a lot of sales calls on advertising to get it going.

Call on restoration companies who need ultrasonic cleaning for blinds and many kinds of contents.
Call on property managers, especially office buildings with lots of blinds
Call on restaurants who have several windows with blinds and need them cleaned frequently to look clean and inviting and pass health inspections. Usually need cleaning every 3 months here.