Big trouble about the van smog check

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
Emission states are such a pain in the butt!!!
Since when should it be a cop's job to make sure vehicles are emissions compliant.
I would suggest taking a vehicle every time you have to go somewhere it will make the readiness go faster I know it has to go on the highway has to have a few hot cold cycles I'll see you driving cycles. So in theory the more you drive it the more likely it will complete its readiness.
Sir ,you mean I need turn on the cold or hot AC?Because the truckmount is a volcano into the van,I almost open the window ventilate when driving

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I am just nervous to meet a stop from cop. I use the DMV temporary permit on the road .Only 2 days valid in 60days .I didn't fill in the date until I met the cop.
My 2006 ford e250 has had the “check engine” light on for years, catalytic converter issue, when is time to smog test it I just erase the codes, drive it as normal and keep checking for readiness, when all monitors have completed their cycle it takes a while for them to detect the catalytic converter “issue” and trigger the check engine light, is during that time window when I visit the smog station. I guess I could spend the money and replace the catalytic converters too but I don’t feel like it .

Make sure you pay all DMV fees, they won’t give you the stickers until smog check is passed but if pulled over by a cop just explain the situation, but all DMV fees have to be paid.

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
My 2006 ford e250 has had the “check engine” light on for years, catalytic converter issue, when is time to smog test it I just erase the codes, drive it as normal and keep checking for readiness, when all monitors have completed their cycle it takes a while for them to detect the catalytic converter “issue” and trigger the check engine light, is during that time window when I visit the smog station. I guess I could spend the money and replace the catalytic converters too but I don’t feel like it .

Make sure you pay all DMV fees, they won’t give you the stickers until smog check is passed but if pulled over by a cop just explain the situation, but all DMV fees have to be paid.
Thanks Rico,I've paid all the fee,just wait to pass smog check.Could you tell me how to erase the codes ?I'm not sure if the repair guy had done it. I've driven 500 miles ,local and hallway ,still not ready .The repair guy told me if still not ready ,they can take the van onto automatic roll to run .

Jaskew

Apr 18, 2018
Oklahoma
Real Name
Jeffrey askew
The easiest way to avoid situations like this is to check a couple of shops. We do estimates and so do they. If they don't that's a sure sign you don't want them under the hood. It's not just about saving the money it's about getting all the information you need. Newer vans are not easier or cheaper to fix necessarily. Older vans just take a little patience and know how. When a new one breaks and they do if its off warranty the price will give you a nose bleed. Or buy some shop manuals for your van and take the time to read them when something comes up

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Best advice I can give is you will run out of money before you run out of gases!!!!!

Find a place that won't guess that will actually fix it get it in writing and hold their feet to the fire!!!