Big commercial job: How long would you need?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bernd

Mar 18, 2015
Real Name
Bernd Scholten
I got a new commercial job of 26400 sq/fts. It is my biggest one! Medium soiled with furnished offices and some longer hallways. I would be interested how long would you need to finish this job?

I have a helper who vaccums, mixes solution bottles for my orbot and puts the chairs away.

Oct 16, 2014
Real Name
robert Woodson
I would say 14-15 hours. A day and a half maybe 2 days. Depending on what problems arise along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Bernd

Mar 18, 2015
Real Name
Bernd Scholten

Bernd

Mar 18, 2015
Real Name
Bernd Scholten
Would be a good choice! I have my orbot since 8 months and it is a great machine. Bought it with the weight kit.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I got a new commercial job of 26400 sq/fts. It is my biggest one! Medium soiled with furnished offices and some longer hallways. I would be interested how long would you need to finish this job?

I have a helper who vaccums, mixes solution bottles for my orbot and puts the chairs away.
That is a nice job, congrats. 26K sf, I need to learn more about encapping.

robert 1

Jan 12, 2010
Wichita Falls TX
titanpro24.com
Real Name
Robert Gamez
I think 3 - 8 hr days if it's just 2 of you. Depending on your waste tank your going to have to dump at least 20 times and refill pre spray and water. Also depends on the soil.and as we all know your energy decreases every hour . Traffic areas can take longer. How much did you charge per sq ft

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I would say 14-15 hours. A day and a half maybe 2 days. Depending on what problems arise along the way.

Same here.

If this is going to be a regular job you may want to give John over at Trinity Systems a call. He has some encap machines that could do the job in a day.

Bernd

Mar 18, 2015
Real Name
Bernd Scholten
I think 3 - 8 hr days if it's just 2 of you. Depending on your waste tank your going to have to dump at least 20 times and refill pre spray and water. Also depends on the soil.and as we all know your energy decreases every hour . Traffic areas can take longer. How much did you charge per sq ft
Hi Robert, I am working with my Orbot so have only to refill the solution bottles for the onboard sprayer. I am located oversea in Germany so our prices are different than yours. I charge 14 cent per sq ft.

Bernd

Mar 18, 2015
Real Name
Bernd Scholten
If you add one more guy it can be done in 8 hrs.

If working with 3 guys would the third one working as a "runner" or do you mean he should use a second machine? I will use the Orbot, the second one vaccums.

Bernd

Mar 18, 2015
Real Name
Bernd Scholten
That is a nice job, congrats. 26K sf, I need to learn more about encapping.
Thanks! Yes, i am getting more and more bigger jobs. Tomorrow i have to do 11000 sq fts. I need to find a way to raise my hourly cleaning rates.

Bernd

Mar 18, 2015
Real Name
Bernd Scholten
Same here.

If this is going to be a regular job you may want to give John over at Trinity Systems a call. He has some encap machines that could do the job in a day.
Thanks for your advice Todd...but here in Germany i don't have the chance of getting a Trinity and my budget after buying the Orbot is realy small;)...and it is just a one time cleaning...

Last edited:

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
Will depend on the complexity of the floor space. Is all the carpet attached or does it have hard floor sections separating the carpet. Are you moving furniture or cleaning only what they make available to you. I tell my customers the price is the same. The ,ore you move for me the more I can clean for you. This is a time saver. that said it seems about right what the guys are suggesting.

Bernd

Mar 18, 2015
Real Name
Bernd Scholten
Just wanted to give you a feedback... The job took us 18 hours. Used the Orbot with Fiber pads and SuperZorbs. Customer was very happy with the results!

Took us a bit longer cause of some coffee spots and chewing gum but i was satisfied with the time we needed.

JanitorByNight

Nov 8, 2013
Real Name
Ricky Patterson
$200 per hour isn't bad at all even after paying for chems and a helper! I'm trying to learn VLM and plan to do my first job in the next couple weeks with John at Bonnet Pro's products and an Orbot Sprayborg.