Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Any idea what to set the room price at? I was thinking.20 per square foot for common areas.
I just did one at $25 per room and .30 on the common areas. This was at a resort that is literally in the middle of nowhere and over 100 miles from the closest city so the price was a bit higher than normal.

I would go in at $20 a room and .20 -.25 on the common areas. This will give you a little wiggle room to negotiate down a little if needed.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Any idea what to set the room price at? I was thinking.20 per square foot for common areas.
Kind of depends on the rooms. Are they all the same size room, or are there smaller single person rooms and big suits and sizes in between?

I think I'd try and figure out the average sq footage of a room and price based on that. Same price for every room. You'll be bidding some rooms high but you will also be bidding some rooms low. Should kind of balance out.

waddaminute

Mar 28, 2018
Real Name
wadd a minute
I just did one at $25 per room and .30 on the common areas. This was at a resort that is literally in the middle of nowhere and over 100 miles from the closest city so the price was a bit higher than normal.

I would go in at $20 a room and .20 -.25 on the common areas. This will give you a little wiggle room to negotiate down a little if needed.

How many hours did it take you to clean all of that? How much was the total ticket? Did you use a portable, truck mount or both?

Reactions: Munseyfibertec

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
How many hours did it take you to clean all of that? How much was the total ticket? Did you use a portable, truck mount or both?

It was all truckmount accessable. We spent 4 days but only worked 4 hours each day. Checkout was at 11:00 so we started setting up at 10:30 each day and worked until 2:30-3:00. Total bill came to $6500. I had two trucks and 4 people working the job.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
One more thing, make sure they will let you move room to room. I started at the far end of each hall, worked my way doing the rooms down one side of the hall then worked my way back on the other side so I ended up at the far end of the hall again and then I cleaned the hall on the way out.

If they won’t let you clean all the rooms in a block at one time the price needs to be doubled. Some hotels expect you to clean a few rooms here and a few rooms there then go back to the first area and do a few more. You will spend more time leapfrogging all over the place than you will cleaning. Tell them that in order to get the best deal you have to be able to do all the rooms in a particular area at the same time.

May 9, 2016
www.fibertecservices.com
Real Name
Shane Munsey
Business Location
United States
One more thing, make sure they will let you move room to room. I started at the far end of each hall, worked my way doing the rooms down one side of the hall then worked my way back on the other side so I ended up at the far end of the hall again and then I cleaned the hall on the way out.

If they won’t let you clean all the rooms in a block at one time the price needs to be doubled. Some hotels expect you to clean a few rooms here and a few rooms there then go back to the first area and do a few more. You will spend more time leapfrogging all over the place than you will cleaning. Tell them that in order to get the best deal you have to be able to do all the rooms in a particular area at the same time.

Yes. I was working on a question list for those very scenarios as well as an expected time frame of completion. Want to cut down on the trips.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
Depends on the hotel...
But here in central Texas 10$ room
Gotta negotiate...
Use tm...pumpout...
Total around 800$
Make a bout 50$ hour
Chairs..2-3$

But steady work...
You stay busy and they refer you to friends and family

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
It was all truckmount accessable. We spent 4 days but only worked 4 hours each day. Checkout was at 11:00 so we started setting up at 10:30 each day and worked until 2:30-3:00. Total bill came to $6500. I had two trucks and 4 people working the job.

Amazing! How did you land that job? I'm thinking of just hitting a bunch of apartment and hotel complexes and introducing myself and giving a flyer..not sure if it will work but never know.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Amazing! How did you land that job? I'm thinking of just hitting a bunch of apartment and hotel complexes and introducing myself and giving a flyer..not sure if it will work but never know.

The guy that used to do it went out of business so that particular resort called me. I do the carpet every year and I’m usually out there a couple other times per year for smaller projects.

I’ve had a couple other hotels call me but most of the time they are looking to pay $5 a room or some crazy low price and I usually pass on those jobs. I’ll go down to $15 per room if it’s an easy job but I’m not going any lower.

Reactions: Allied

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
The guy that used to do it went out of business so that particular resort called me. I do the carpet every year and I’m usually out there a couple other times per year for smaller projects.

I’ve had a couple other hotels call me but most of the time they are looking to pay $5 a room or some crazy low price and I usually pass on those jobs. I’ll go down to $15 per room if it’s an easy job but I’m not going any lower.

$5/room?! They must expect to pay some kind of minimum?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
$5/room?! They must expect to pay some kind of minimum?

You will be surprised. I’ve had calls where they said Over the phone they had 25 rooms to be cleaned. One time years ago I agreed to $10 per room for 30 rooms. I figured at 5-7 minutes per room I could do the 30 rooms in 2-3 hours. I get there and they had a list of rooms for me. One here, one there, another somewhere else. After looking at the job I saw I would need to move the truck and set up 12 times to do the 30 rooms. I would have been there the whole day. I turned the job down.

I can go do three residential jobs and bring in $500-700 in a day and I’m usually done by 3:00. Personally I’m not interested in spending 8-10 hours setting up the truck a dozen times for $300. There are cleaners out there that need the work bad enough that they will do the work for $5-10 per room.

Reactions: Allied