BEWARE:Trolls-Scams-READ before buying Carpet Cleaning Supplies/Mods/Machines/Parts | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

BEWARE:Trolls-Scams-READ before buying Carpet Cleaning Supplies/Mods/Machines/Parts

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Sad to say like any industry there are shysters and scammers who troll websites and forums looking for carpet cleaners to scam. They prey on those who are naive to carpet cleaning,truck mounts,parts and proper upgrades especially on the internet.
Learn from me, I have lost many 1000's of dollars listening to the latest and greatest truck mount makers,cleaning and modification and some sales gurus . This all being said the internet is still a great way to do business,educate yourself and save money. But please proceed with caution.

Here are the 10 basic commandments of buying off the internet.

1) Search or start a thread and get a feel for the person or company. Check on all references.

2) If you receive private sales messages from people who do not advertise here there is no TMF protection.**

3) If you receive phone calls/emails from someone who is banned on many boards because of scamming beware.

4) Beware of companies or persons who bash competitors, they usually are trying to cover up their past indiscretions.

5) If they build machines in their garages proceed with great caution.

6) Beware of bulletin boards or forums that promote and funnel money to small seedy operations for favors.

7) If your contacted by someone claiming to have a great modification research to make sure it is legit and applicable to your equipment.

8) Insist on a rock solid guarantee. Some advertise unconditional guarantee but then when problems arise they may not guarantee it.

9) Check the TMF Classifieds as their is a ratings record kept there.

10) Please use common sense. If something seems to good to be true it probably is.

This is just a major list of things to be careful of but please use common sense. Weekly I receive pms,phone calls and emails about those who have been duped or scammed on a regular basis. Some people have had to wait months and months for machines they were promised in a few days or weeks. Some were literally robbed. So beware of scams while looking for a carpet cleaning machine or anything else. We are proud to say at TMF we have a 100% perfect record of backing up anything we sell and plan on keeping that track record.** Feel free to pm me or email me at [email protected] and I will be glad to assist you in any way possible.

Admin Team
Rob Allen
Tre Allen
Mick Ellis

**TMF has monitored all advertisers on TMF since it's inception. So far every instance, and they have been rare,If an advertiser does not make good on any legitimate arrangement TMF will will intercede and mediate it. If the manufacturer or supplier does not make good on it's promises TMF will pick up the bill in virtually all cases within reason. Then that advertiser will forfeit their right to advertise. After that they will not be allowed to participate in the TMF community until matters are resolved. TMF is committed to impeccable service not only in word but also in deed.

Our track record;
http://www.truckmountforums.com/gen...ion/9931-post-your-tmf-testimonials-here.html

markp

Jan 24, 2009
Lincoln, Nebraska
Real Name
Mark Phares
Business Location
United States
Do you have a preferred vendor's list? Most of the men here are not privy to the garbage that goes on behind the scenes of running a forum. What I would like to propose is a no tolerance policy that protects the average unsuspecting member from any and all shady behavior.

What I propose is a deposit of five thousand dollars to be placed in a non interest bearing account at the time of the company placing there add with TMF. The deposit would be refunded 90 days after the advertisment has been terminated. That would give the end user plenty of time to file a greivence and allow TMF Admin to recover damages.

Here is the deal, I don't think that TMF should have to pay one red cent for any poor behavior. It is a privelege for all of us to be here, and none of us should have to worry about getting taken advantage of. I also wouldn't mind seeing a buyer rating put in place here at TMF, it's time to grow into the huge shoes of being the #1 CC forum on the net.

Ps; I'm not frustrated or angry with anyone here on TMF, I come here to get better, not punked!
Be good my freinds!!!:)

Rafa-L

Oct 18, 2008
Wilmington, DE
Real Name
Rafael
Business Location
United States
by golly magolly!

You don't get that type of "concern for the cleaner" on any other carpet cleaning forum! Most of the time other forums protect the advertiser first and cleaner is stepped on and tossed to the side like a dirty ole spotting rag.

Good job guys!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Do you have a preferred vendor's list? Most of the men here are not privy to the garbage that goes on behind the scenes of running a forum. What I would like to propose is a no tolerance policy that protects the average unsuspecting member from any and all shady behavior.

What I propose is a deposit of five thousand dollars to be placed in a non interest bearing account at the time of the company placing there add with TMF. The deposit would be refunded 90 days after the advertisment has been terminated. That would give the end user plenty of time to file a greivence and allow TMF Admin to recover damages.

Here is the deal, I don't think that TMF should have to pay one red cent for any poor behavior. It is a privelege for all of us to be here, and none of us should have to worry about getting taken advantage of. I also wouldn't mind seeing a buyer rating put in place here at TMF, it's time to grow into the huge shoes of being the #1 CC forum on the net.

Ps; I'm not frustrated or angry with anyone here on TMF, I come here to get better, not punked!
Be good my freinds!!!:)

Thanks for the suggestion Mark and yes we are working on one now. Rest assured at TMF we always have something new cooking. ;)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Preferred vendors list complete. Will be posted when Tre finish's site upgrades.

XM_Industries

Aug 11, 2010
Georgia
Real Name
Brent Armstrong
Business Location
United States
Great post rob, having a moderator who actually takes responsibility for the things said and done on his forum is rare, nice to be a part of one who still values the image of his website, Thanks!

ScientificAtlanta

Dec 6, 2010
Real Name
Scientific Atlanta
Business Location
United States
great post you got there...there are really lots of scams in the internet...good to know your list...keep it up, carpet cleaning nowadays is very in demand

VCWCleaning

Sep 15, 2011
TN
Real Name
Elmer Jackson
Business Location
United States
oops I hope theres no scams on here but like the rest of the world theres good and bad we just need to be carefull,very carefull! VA AV disinfection in crawl spaces.JPG

mojoe77

Mar 16, 2011
bc
Real Name
joe
Business Location
United States
many of the cleaners reading these post don"t know whats said and whats happening behind the scenes.....i live in canada and pay way more then most of you for shipping and border cost.......have spent lots of money on the troll you speak of rob....aka joe b. everything is great better dry times good advice and good prices....i have customers that i have to fire mabye joe fired you....but really only you, joe and god know what happened....so start selling stuff like joe and lets se what youre made of.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Anything you can do Rob to help prevent potential buyers from getting ripped off should
be a good thing. Esecially I have seen in my time many truckmounts come and go. One
can make a very expensive mistake purchacing a truckmount. They need to know what
they are getting !

LaurenZ

Sep 10, 2012
USA
Real Name
Lauren Z
Thanks for the post Rob.It relay helpful for buyer to beware of spammers.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the post Rob.It relay helpful for buyer to beware of spammers.
What are you talking about. You're one of them.

Reactions: Rapidmiami