Best way to get commercial cleaning accounts? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best way to get commercial cleaning accounts?

Tammy

May 26, 2012
Adrian Michigan
Real Name
Tammy Curtis
Business Location
United States
I have done residential cleaning for 15 yrs and have worked for a janitorial company for 5 years. I am trying to get my own businesses to clean on the side but not sure how to approach them or get the opportunity to submit a bid proposal. Some people I have talked to say email, some say just walk in and ask. Is there somewhere companies advertise they are taking bids?

TEMPLE

May 17, 2012
Tampa Florida
www.allyturnkey.com
Real Name
Michael Kusheba
Business Location
United States
Have a nice business card and go talk to the office manager. I've done cold calls to find out who is in charge of that and set up meetings. Usually towards the end of the year they are setting their budgets and will want to get quotes from companies. Make sure you have an idea of what you want to charge. Don't under sell yourself, their usually not going to go with the low baller. Good luck

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
I have done residential cleaning for 15 yrs and have worked for a janitorial company for 5 years. I am trying to get my own businesses to clean on the side but not sure how to approach them or get the opportunity to submit a bid proposal. Some people I have talked to say email, some say just walk in and ask. Is there somewhere companies advertise they are taking bids?
Good question, Tammy. I read once that "99% of success is embracing what other people won't (or can't) do." And I'm here to tell you that most cleaners would rather sit and stare at a phone all day waiting for it to ring than get out there and SELL! So as you can see I am in the "walk in and ask" camp.

The problem is most cleaners sell the way my wife diets- they engage in "binge selling". A brief spurt of effort, get a few jobs and then they fall back into inertia and apathy while eyeing that phone. Let me share some very important words:

"Selling is not an event, it is a PROCESS!"

Best wishes,
Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Now of course, Tammy, once you start this process you will want to be as efficient and effective as possible. I shared how I did it in my Special Report, "Selling Commercial Cleaning". You can download it for free by CLICKING HERE. (Reminder: Always focus on regular, commercial CONTRACT accounts. I explain why and how in the Special Report.)

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
Find a good carpet cleaner who cleans office buildings, Dr.s offices and other Commercal accounts. Have them keep their ears open for customers complaining about the service. Everyone has a system to get the cleaning done. One day that system breaks and you need to be there for them when it does.

aplloniasmith

Sep 14, 2020
Real Name
apllonia smith
I need to share what I have realized during that time in order to help other people who are thinking about beginning their own cleaning administration,

First of all, before you decide to start your cleaning business, make sure this kind of work is right for you. You will need to be in good physical condition. Cleaning is a very hard strenuous work. You will need to have good customer relations skills. You will need to have basic office skills and some accounting skills.