Best way to convert 5 jet (0.15/jet) Zipper to prevent clogging | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best way to convert 5 jet (0.15/jet) Zipper to prevent clogging

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
If you know of a previous thread with this topic, pls direct me to it.

I use a 7.5 flow Zipper (5 jet@0.15) with a Prochem Legend and Mytee LTD-6. I've had instances of the jets clogging up and I'm tired of constantly cleaning it up. I've noticed that my stair tool which is using a 0.3 jet never gets clogged up so I'm thinking of converting to:

1.) Two 0.3 jets at location 2 and 4 with 1,3,5 plugged
2.) Three 0.3 jets at location 1,3,5 with 2,4 plugged
3.) Or one 0.3 jet at #3 and two 0.2 jet at #1 and #5 with 2,4 plugged

Has anybody done this conversion before and what jets and jet angle worked best. Thanks.

Last edited:

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
If you know of a previous thread with this topic, pls direct me to it.

I use a 7.5 flow Zipper (5 jet@0.15) with a Prochem Legend and Mytee LTD-6. I've had instances of the jets clogging up and I'm tired of constantly cleaning it up. I've noticed that my stair tool which is using a 0.3 jet never gets clogged up so I'm thinking of converting to:

1.) Two 0.3 jets at location 2 and 4 with 1,3,5 plugged
2.) Three 0.3 jets at location 1,3,5 with 2,4 plugged
3.) Or one 0.3 jet at #3 and two 0.2 jet at #1 and #5 with 2,4 plugged

Has anybody done this conversion before and what jets and jet angle worked best. Thanks.
I've had same problem with Bonzer, even vorse (7 x 11001) I've eliminated 2 rear jets(plugs) and replace 5 jets with a # 9502 jets , so I'm running #10 flow instead of original 10.5, but no more clogging. Actually , I got tired of carrying almost 30 lbs of metal with me. On occasion I pull out Cx-15 instead.
There are two options for you, neither lays in plugging mumerous jets. Get stronger TM or get rid of the Zipper. If you start playing game with jets, then your big concern is spray pattern.
If I was able to move Zipper or Bonzer with ease , I would gladly use them. Glides or no glides, my Bonzer is still locking on cgd and I'm not willing to spend time adjusting vacuum relief valve. Instead , I get the job done with wand.

Reactions: John LaBarbera

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
I've had same problem with Bonzer, even vorse (7 x 11001) I've eliminated 2 rear jets(plugs) and replace 5 jets with a # 9502 jets , so I'm running #10 flow instead of original 10.5, but no more clogging. Actually , I got tired of carrying almost 30 lbs of metal with me. On occasion I pull out Cx-15 instead.
There are two options for you, neither lays in plugging mumerous jets. Get stronger TM or get rid of the Zipper. If you start playing game with jets, then your big concern is spray pattern.
If I was able to move Zipper or Bonzer with ease , I would gladly use them. Glides or no glides, my Bonzer is still locking on cgd and I'm not willing to spend time adjusting vacuum relief valve. Instead , I get the job done with wand.
Thank you very much for the advise. Im quite happy with the power of the Prochem Legend for my residential jobs at 130 ft. The Mytee LTD6 is also great for my condo jobs and this winter I’ll be using this inside the house and use around 75’ hose. The Zipper, although heavy has a lot of advantages and in more than 3 yrs in this business, its the only wand I’ve used. And I also wouldn’t change it. What I gathered from your response is:
1.) running 0.2 jets is better than 0.15 in terms of solving the clogging problem
2.) plugging some jets may not be good due to change in spray pattern.
Am I right on these?
I always run at 400 psi when using the truckmount and 300 psi when using the portable, will changing the flow from 7.5 to 10 not result in a drastic increase in water usage and having my waste water tank full faster? I can clean 3 regular sized house with 4 rooms and stairs with the 7.5 flow before my tank gets full. We’ll I guess I’ll have to make my strokes faster to compensate for the increased flow.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I would what lucky is doing. Go with 5 02s you could also add a strainer.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
I would what lucky is doing. Go with 5 02s you could also add a strainer.
Yes I’ve changed the 11015 jets to 1102. My local supplier doesn’t have the 9502 yet so Im still using the 95015. But from 7.5 to 9 flow I can see from the sight glass that its flushing the carpet better. I might have to clean the built in strainer of the Zipper often. I also have the soft wire to unclog the jet and its easier to do it with the 02 jets as it has bigger holes. I’m just relying on the heat exchanger and I hope that the increased flow will compensate for the decreased water temperature and still provide good cleaning.

Will adding the Mytee Hot Turbo provide a helpful temperature rise to the warm water coming from the truckmount heat exchanger at 10 flow? Thanks.

Reactions: Luky

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Yes I’ve changed the 11015 jets to 1102. My local supplier doesn’t have the 9502 yet so Im still using the 95015. But from 7.5 to 9 flow I can see from the sight glass that its flushing the carpet better. I might have to clean the built in strainer of the Zipper often. I also have the soft wire to unclog the jet and its easier to do it with the 02 jets as it has bigger holes. I’m just relying on the heat exchanger and I hope that the increased flow will compensate for the decreased water temperature and still provide good cleaning.

Will adding the Mytee Hot Turbo provide a helpful temperature rise to the warm water coming from the truckmount heat exchanger at 10 flow? Thanks.
I've been using Mytee Hot Turbo for almost 10 years . I would say residual value of Turbo is on the higher side, which is a testament to high initial quality. If you get warm water in your fresf water tank ( 100-130°) and run Turbo after HX , it would help immensely . I'm not sure how hot can be water coming to the heating elements of Mytee Turbo... With # 10 flow you should have a plenty of sustainable heat .

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I have thr same Zipper with 1.5s and no clogging issues. Strainer at the wand valve and filter for your water supply needs to be clean .
You may need a new strainer or have the wrong style wand strainer letting particles pass thru.
I run It at 300 psi with a pumptec 207v.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I have thr same Zipper with 1.5s and no clogging issues. Strainer at the wand valve and filter for your water supply needs to be clean .
You may need a new strainer or have the wrong style wand strainer letting particles pass thru.
I run It at 300 psi with a pumptec 207v.
I guess it all depends what type of soil you got to clean. I've done olay with a .15 opening, but 02 provides better flush. I like to clean with a 450 psi, using #12 flow ( 6 jets @ 9502) and don't like to exceed 200°. Bonzer and Cx-15 are different beasts. I would like to try Zipper, so I can experience difference on my own.
Is there anybody in my area, Southwest suburbs of Chicagoland, who's willing to let me take a swing? All I need is 10 - 15 minutes....

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I guess it all depends what type of soil you got to clean. I've done olay with a .15 opening, but 02 provides better flush. I like to clean with a 450 psi, using #12 flow ( 6 jets @ 9502) and don't like to exceed 200°. Bonzer and Cx-15 are different beasts. I would like to try Zipper, so I can experience difference on my own.
Is there anybody in my area, Southwest suburbs of Chicagoland, who's willing to let me take a swing? All I need is 10 - 15 minutes....
I agree more flow a better flush . He was concerned about the clogging. .
A 10 flow with an electric pump he wont have much pressure and could leave the carpets wetter especially without heat . Fossil fueled heat would be best with high flow.
Never had lockdown with my Zipper but it's not my evertday tool.