Best way to clean Warehouse Linoleum floors | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best way to clean Warehouse Linoleum floors

B14

Aug 26, 2014
investincleanfloors.com
Real Name
Bry
Guy called and asked for about 1500 sq ft of linoleum to be stripped and waxed. I've honestly never done it before but I am scheduled to go see it in 2 days.

What's the best route to take with this? And should I even take the job?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Without knowing what it is and the condition it's in it's hard to say exactly what needs to be done.

It can be as simple as a scrub and re-coat or as in depth as a full strip & wax.

Basically you are going to need stripper, a 175 and black pads, a shop vac to pick up the slurry, a mop & bucket along with neutral cleaner , wax, and a finish mop.

Scrub and recoat takes about 1/3 of the time a full strip & wax does so you need to price accordingly. I strip & wax at $1 a sq ft and do scrub & recoat at .50. There are guys out there that will do the job for a fraction of what I charge so needless to say I don't do much VCT work, in fact I've just about all but quit doing it.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Todd is right on the nose here.

This floor could be VCT, sheet vinyl or linoleum. But I would not choose linoleum for a warehouse floor. VCT would be more appropriate. Find out what you are cleaning before you decide on how to tackle it.

People who don't know flooring use the wrong terminology every day.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I have a couple accounts that use "linoleum" as a general term for any flooring. They have VCT, Epoxy and ceramic tile and they call it all linoleum.

Find out what it is for sure. and get us some pics. I strip and wax floors all the time, 1500 sq ft isn't bad, especially if its one open area.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I have a couple accounts that use "linoleum" as a general term for any flooring. They have VCT, Epoxy and ceramic tile and they call it all linoleum.

Find out what it is for sure. and get us some pics. I strip and wax floors all the time, 1500 sq ft isn't bad, especially if its one open area.
I would have to agree with you on folks use of terminology.

A service department for a business yesterday was willing to have me help them clean their tile but they stated they also want to 'linoleum' behind the counter cleaned. She persisted that she wants them both done at once so now I am trying to see how I can do both.

I think I will go back and take pictures of the 'linoleum' and also see if anyone there has specific information on the type of flooring. VCT, linoleum, etc.

The lady did say she doesn't want a strip/wax but just a cleaning but with my limited knowledge I didn't think just cleaning on floors like this would be really beneficial to the customer..