Best way and resources to start a new cleaning business? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best way and resources to start a new cleaning business?

Adam724

May 24, 2017
Real Name
Adam Allen

• Hi my name is Adam, I've been doing research about what kind of business to start for a while and have decided to start a cleaning business. I'm curious how you guys got started with your business? What would you do over again if you could do it differently? What's the best way to start off, work alone, hire an employee , or hire a sub contractor?

Would you suggest starting a house cleaning maid service or commercial or industrial cleaning company? Which has the better chance for success and which is more profitable?

Would you suggest once established to add on additional services?

What services are most profitable in the cleaning business for you?

Maid service?
    Commercial cleaning accounts?
    Window cleaning?
    Lawn service?
    Tile and grout cleaning?
    Roof cleaning?
    Floor and carpet cleaning?
    Auto cleaning?
    Pressure washing?
    Construction cleanup?
    Forclosure cleanup service?
    Air duct cleaning?
    Dryer Vent cleaning?
    Blinds cleaning?
    After event cleanup?
    Junk removal?
    Water damage, fire, mold restoration?
    Any other profitable add on you can suggest?

Do you think starting a cleaning business in a larger city such as Houston or LA would have a better chance at being profitable than starting one in a smaller city such as Raleigh or Richmond?

Or would starting a cleaning business in another country such as the UK or Australia be even more profitable?

What books, dvds, websites, forums, training courses, certifications would you suggest or have helped you along in your career/business?

Have any of you thought about branching out operations into other cities or countries and growing your company like this? What's the best way to go about doing something like this, franchise or start an individual shop in each location?

Would you suggest starting a business from scratch, buying a small existing business and making it more profitable, or buying into a franchise operation?

Would you suggest going at this business startup alone or partnering up?

I really appreciate any and all advice you can give me!

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
I cant answer everything but I answer the ones that made sense to me below

What's the best way to start off, work alone, hire an employee , or hire a sub contractor?

I started and worked alone my first 3yrs. since then I've hired one guy and have a sub-contractor on the side that does over-flow work when I'm booked solid. its a total of 3 of us now

What services are most profitable in the cleaning business for you?
When I first started, I tried to do auto cleaning and had my mind on air duct, but the carpet cleaning kept me the busiest, and it also took a lot of time in maintaining equipment, advertising etc so I scrapped my plans with all the extra cleaning services and clean only carpets

Would you suggest starting a business from scratch, buying a small existing business and making it more profitable, or buying into a franchise operation?
Starting from scratch is buying a small existing business, which is ideal. The existing business value is worth as much as the current value of equipment your getting with the purchase. I don't believe contacts and active accounts add much more value

Would you suggest going at this business startup alone or partnering up?
I would go in alone. too much complications will arise while in a partnership

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Auto cleaning has been really good for me my business is kyles carpet cleaning and car wash 16 years and strong i have me and one employye and another subcontractor on the busy days.

SpotnRides

Oct 24, 2019
Real Name
Divya SpotnRides
Hi There,

If you're want to start a brand new cleaning business, Then it would be a great start with mobile app solutions, Because nowadays on-demand mobile apps like uber for house cleaning booking app getting more popular among the peoples.

Many of the peoples started to use uber-like on-demand house cleaners booking app to book professional maids for their day to day works. So before start your business, build your own on-demand house cleaning app solution.