Best valve to stop rinse??

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Couldn’t imagine living without one, you will love it!!
Always keep an extra one
They’re so handy
If you have a QD give you a hard time you can pull them off and use the ball valve as a hose joiner between hoses instead and take the QDs off...get you out of a pinch
What, you don't have enough strength to yank out Qd's, while still under 1000 psi?

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hi guys,
You guys install a valve on your rinse line so you can cut the pressure right there instead of walking back to the machine to do it??
So you can take the line off and attach it to your hydroforce or other tool??
Wondering if there a good lightweight one out there.
Thank you
When I was reading your post with questions about shot off valve
( ball valve) , I couldn't believe my own eyes. On one side , you are willing to participate as part of the wolf pack, being involved in bashing, criticizing profesionals, who's products you've never used and now you are asking trivial questions about basic, most needed part of any cleaner operation. Without one ( ball valve) there is no reason to start talking about efficiency, not mentioning production time. Wasted motion is how one can describe your cleaning process. I know that you can be calm and take stuff as is, if that's the case, do you to care to explain, how did you get to that point?
You've been around for a while, I see you contributing, but is your presence here without merit or you making it that way on your own.
I hope your buddies stay away, won't jump to protect, explain , etc. It's a simple question, how did you get by for so long not realizing that you're loosing hours of so precious time. I gather that some members will have different views, but my intentions are not to make you mad or pissed, I want you to succeed and when I read your next post, I want to learn something from it.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Its not getting them apart. Its putting them back on........lol
I give you little reply, before you read what I wrote while ago. There are some instances that you have to finish the job, no matter what, but start one without sufficient equipment, is a business suicide....

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I give you little reply, before you read what I wrote while ago. There are some instances that you have to finish the job, no matter what, but start one without sufficient equipment, is a business suicide....
Luky,
No problems at all. I only complained to other guys because i felt timme had the right to complain about the poorly engineered machine he purchased.
I felt they where ganging up on him and it was not right. He spent his money, do he had the right to complain. Just as I would if someone sold me something poorly assembled and not thoroughly tested in real world conditions. But it's just my opinion. But I'm done with it.
I have been doing this and studying part time. I have done over 20 jobs so far.
I am a engineer by trade in the construction field.
My parents are now in their 70's and own rental properties. So I help them when I have the time as my father was diagnosed with diabetis and blood clots in his left leg.
I originally bought the EDIC machine to clean the rentals they own.
I liked it!!! So I started studying and found TMF.
I have used a 3 gallon pump up sprayer until recently. I'm now using a hydroforce sprayer.
As I stated in a previous reply, I did a large home upstairs only with furniture moving. So I told the customer if Inhabe to move.all the furniture back and forth it's going to take alot of time.
Swapping back and forth multiple times in one room from wand to hydroforce to other tools cost me a hour or close to a hour.
I have never had to move big furniture before with the home owner helping me.
It was alot of work and they paid me well.
The hydroforce requires 400 psi off my machine. I rinsed the olufsen Berber carpet at 200 psi . So i had to go back down the stairs everytime......

Reactions: Luky

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Luky,
If not having a ball valve and gauge means the difference from me making money or not i would think I'm NOT bidding the jobs with enough money in them..............

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
A few observations from above that should be addressed first:
A hydroforce works from sink tap pressure of 60 psi to 700 psi+ ATM ← (important) and everywhere in between. Tips and dilution ratios can be accounted for with any incoming pressure with some actual homework. Ball valves will not adjust pressure and a gauge won't help in this, you need a BPR at the end of the solution line to adjust solution pressure lower than the pumps setting ATM, but you can reduce flow at the given pressure set at the machine. It's doable, but not practical and heavy on the tool being used to have a second pressure regulator on the wand. Consider some of the above, before throwing money at a pile of brass.

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Thank you jim! I will greatly consider all of it. The ball valves are a done deal. I know I will use those quite a bit.
And you are correct. The Weight would suck!! It would ruin my 7.5# wand weight as it sits now. I was looking for aluminum but may just scrap the whole idea and use just the ball valves.
Thanks for taking your time jim to reply.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Hydroforce output is dependant on many factors, back pressure and friction loss over distance mainly, before and after the injector. You can get a hydroforce to spray as it was sold to even with 50' of ¼" solution from the block to spray gun if you adjust the sprayers tip size up to reduce back pressure at the furthest point which will allow it to inject accurately as it was meant to at the block.

If you want to learn something about the process, put a pressure gauge at the wand and watch it with various lengths of solution hose between the machine and the wand and observe the different pressures both gauges read simultaneously when keyed. They are different at length, flow is different as well. I'm not making any of this complicated, science does that well enough on its own.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
As I stated in a previous reply, I did a large home upstairs only with furniture moving. So I told the customer if Inhabe to move.all the furniture back and forth it's going to take alot of time.
Swapping back and forth multiple times in one room from wand to hydroforce to other tools cost me a hour or close to a hour.
You are making it too difficult. Prespray the whole room with all furniture in place where it’s supposed to be. Prespray all the open areas right up to where the furniture sits so that all visible carpet has been presprayed.

If you think about it, nobody ever walks under the sofa or end table. After prespraying the open areas then move the furniture one piece at a time and clean underneath the furniture. There will be dust and crumbs all which will vacuum up easily, do a quick dry vac with your wand and then steam clean the carpet where the furniture sits. Generally you won’t need Prespray under the furniture. It should take you 3-4 minutes to clean under any given piece of furniture and put it back on foam blocks or tabs.

Keep a 32 ounce spray bottle of your prespray with you in case there is a stain or dirty spot under a piece of furniture. You can easily spray any problem areas within seconds using a spray bottle. It’s rare that I need to use any chemical under furniture.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Hydroforce output is dependant on many factors, back pressure and friction loss over distance mainly, before and after the injector. You can get a hydroforce to spray as it was sold to even with 50' of ¼" solution from the block to spray gun if you adjust the sprayers tip size up to reduce back pressure at the furthest point which will allow it to inject accurately as it was meant to at the block.

If you want to learn something about the process, put a pressure gauge at the wand and watch it with various lengths of solution hose between the machine and the wand and observe the different pressures both gauges read simultaneously when keyed. They are different at length, flow is different as well. I'm not making any of this complicated, science does that well enough on its own.
Thanks
You are making it too difficult. Prespray the whole room with all furniture in place where it’s supposed to be. Prespray all the open areas right up to where the furniture sits so that all visible carpet has been presprayed.

If you think about it, nobody ever walks under the sofa or end table. After prespraying the open areas then move the furniture one piece at a time and clean underneath the furniture. There will be dust and crumbs all which will vacuum up easily, do a quick dry vac with your wand and then steam clean the carpet where the furniture sits. Generally you won’t need Prespray under the furniture. It should take you 3-4 minutes to clean under any given piece of furniture and put it back on foam blocks or tabs.

Keep a 32 ounce spray bottle of your prespray with you in case there is a stain or dirty spot under a piece of furniture. You can easily spray any problem areas within seconds using a spray bottle. It’s rare that I need to use any chemical under furniture.
Thank you todd. It was filthy under the furniture. All the furniture was on legs. So it just accumulated over the years under everything. Even the dam beds.
And it was alot. So we moved half to one side of room. I did the first half.
Then as it dried I went to the next room and did half of it.
Then back to the first room and moved it all over to the clean side. Put plastic tabs under the legs and did the second side. I spent 6 hours there and I felt bad for her husband because he was my help. And it was killing him...lol.
Then a third room and walk in closet. Furniture everywhere.....

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora

Jim I was really concerned when i got it. I got the evolution and alot of guys on here told me the valve messes up on the block throwing off the correct ratio that you dial it in too.
I tested it with a bucket and it was spot on.
I need to test it with a 100 foot and 150 foot hose to see the loss difference. I understand the output will drop. So the amount of solution mixed in will drop with it.If the pressure gets lower, the mix should still stay close to the correct ratio right?. Yes I need to test more.....

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Thanks

Thank you todd. It was filthy under the furniture. All the furniture was on legs. So it just accumulated over the years under everything. Even the dam beds.
And it was alot. So we moved half to one side of room. I did the first half.
Then as it dried I went to the next room and did half of it.
Then back to the first room and moved it all over to the clean side. Put plastic tabs under the legs and did the second side. I spent 6 hours there and I felt bad for her husband because he was my help. And it was killing him...lol.
Then a third room and walk in closet. Furniture everywhere.....
Every now and then you will run into one like that. Thankfully houses like that are the exception.

• Wow

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Every now and then you will run into one like that. Thankfully houses like that are the exception.
Thanks todd. Yes it was a bit! But the family was VERY nice. So I went the extra mile and did it all. And dam that furniture was heavy!!!!
And fancy raised furniture looks nice. But man it's a bit to clean!!!

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Jim,
I guess those hydroforce tips become real important running it from a truckmount at 200 feet....

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Hey guys,
I found the hydroforce 1000 psi ball valves on TMF and ordered them. Got 2 coming. These should be plenty for my set up. These will make.my life easier for sure!!
Thanks to all for the help!!

Reactions: rob allen

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Super nice valves Rob! I love how you guys send text alerts letting me know when they will arrive.
Thank you
20190717_170404.jpg

Reactions: rob allen