Best valve to stop rinse?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best valve to stop rinse??

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Hi guys,
You guys install a valve on your rinse line so you can cut the pressure right there instead of walking back to the machine to do it??
So you can take the line off and attach it to your hydroforce or other tool??
Wondering if there a good lightweight one out there.
Thank you

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
for up to 400 psi
or Joes valve for higher psi

Funny you should mention this. At my first IICRC Carpet Class we were sitting next to two newbies and the same question came up. What do you do when you want to switch the solution hose from the wand to a hydroforce. They said they just kink the line. No sheet. they probably passed the test and got certified.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
for up to 400 psi
or Joes valve for higher psi

Funny you should mention this. At my first IICRC Carpet Class we were sitting next to two newbies and the same question came up. What do you do when you want to switch the solution hose from the wand to a hydroforce. They said they just kink the line. No sheet. they probably passed the test and got certified.
Lol, I always pull the trigger to release the pressure then pop the fitting loose. Tired of doing it.
I did a house yesterday and had to move the furniture from one side of the room to the other.
Switching back and forth and it was a royal pain the ars!!
And the porty was downstairs on the porch and all rooms where upstairs.
Just being able to cut the pressure easily would be great.
It would be nice to dial in the pressure on this little valve too!
Then i could just see my machine at 400 and dial in the pressure where I want at the wand.
Thank you very much!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Reactions: Clean-n-mean

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Not to be mean, But I just cannot see not having a valve at the end of the solution line before the connector.

Why would anyone go back to the machine to turn off pump or drop psi just to connect to wand or hydroforce!??!?!

Why or how could you kink a steel braided line??!?!

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Thank you Todd. Would be very nice to adjust my pressure from the wand!!! I'm buying two!!
Thanks!
Couldn’t imagine living without one, you will love it!!
Always keep an extra one
They’re so handy
If you have a QD give you a hard time you can pull them off and use the ball valve as a hose joiner between hoses instead and take the QDs off...get you out of a pinch

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Not to be mean, But I just cannot see not having a valve at the end of the solution line before the connector.

Why would anyone go back to the machine to turn off pump or drop psi just to connect to wand or hydroforce!??!?!

Why or how could you kink a steel braided line??!?!
I wondered the same thing about linking a hight pressure line like that!
I did yesterday go back to the machine to change pressure. Several times! Why??
Because the hydroforce requires 400 psi.
And I was cleaning olefin berber carpet and was rinsing as 200 psi.
And I was paid to move all furniture from one side of the room to the other for cleaning as all the furniture had legs. So I had to clean under everything. And it was all upstairs.
So I'm going through that again. I want to be able to adjust it all in the fly from the driver's seat of the wand.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Couldn’t imagine living without one, you will love it!!
Always keep an extra one
They’re so handy
If you have a QD give you a hard time you can pull them off and use the ball valve as a hose joiner between hoses instead and take the QDs off...get you out of a pinch
Sweet! Thanks man! I'm on it like white on rice!!

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I'm going to try and gather all the parts tomorrow. Will post some pics when I'm done. Going on my cheesy mach12 PMF titanium wand....lol

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I wondered the same thing about linking a hight pressure line like that!
I did yesterday go back to the machine to change pressure. Several times! Why??
Because the hydroforce requires 400 psi.
And I was cleaning olefin berber carpet and was rinsing as 200 psi.
And I was paid to move all furniture from one side of the room to the other for cleaning as all the furniture had legs. So I had to clean under everything. And it was all upstairs.
So I'm going through that again. I want to be able to adjust it all in the fly from the driver's seat of the wand.

OH.....Got it!! yeah thats a good idea to put a regulator
I too rinse at 200psi olefin berbers

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
OH.....Got it!! yeah thats a good idea to put a regulator
I too rinse at 200psi olefin berbers
Thanks for your input!! I went up and down those dam stairs shutting my machine off, re adjusting the pressure etc etc etc....was a pain in the $#&$@# @%$!!!!!!
I bet it cost me a hour. Some people say this work is so easy, but I just dont see it that way yet. Guess I need more experience and practice.
I have been looking at aluminum 1/4(-6) AN ball valves. They look nice and light!! But can they hold up to 1200 psi???

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Thanks for your input!! I went up and down those dam stairs shutting my machine off, re adjusting the pressure etc etc etc....was a pain in the $#&$@# @%$!!!!!!
I bet it cost me a hour. Some people say this work is so easy, but I just dont see it that way yet. Guess I need more experience and practice.
I have been looking at aluminum 1/4(-6) AN ball valves. They look nice and light!! But can they hold up to 1200 psi???
Just order the ones they sell in the TMF store, the Parker ones.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

The price went up some from what I remember but they last a long time

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
That's a crappy excuse man!!! You where saying mean things about my nice but happy dogs.....and you where spot on! They can get pretty yappy...
I doubt I was drinking and picking a fight about someones dogs, I would of found something more important to be mean about.

• Haha