Best vacuum for hardwood and carpet?

EdwardMorrison

Jun 18, 2018
Real Name
Edward Morrison
Last year I ended up buying a Hoover Linx cordless stick vac and the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser hand vac, as I was so frustrated with our old Miele White Star. Both are decent for day-to-day touch-ups, but my Miele has now totally bitten the dust and I need to buy a new vac this week.

As much as I'd prefer an upright vac, I use my hose and attachments all the time to vacuum my very textured adobe walls, furniture, crevices, lampshades, etc., etc.

I've spent a lot of time this morning searching Get Cleaning Done and The Wirecutter. But, every time I check out the customer reviews there are always complaints that the rollers still get bound up with hair and have to be continually cut off. Or that the vacuums are falling apart! I found one that seemed to work well . . . as long as you got down on your hands and knees and used an attachment to get it up. I've been doing that for years with my Miele White Star and am so done with that! For a vacuum that expensive back then it was close to $500.

Is there a vacuum out there that actually really works with pet hair on rugs and hardwood? I need recommendations and ones NOT to buy quickly, please. Help!

Reactions: Joshua Johnson

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm currently looking at a Pro Team or a Workhorse.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you already have a good canister vacuum this hard floor attachment is amazing, it drives like a Porsche. I use it before every tile and grout cleaning job and it makes quick work of it. I can't live without it.

20190116_080432.jpg

This is another extremely good vac head for carpet for a canister and is virtually troublefree. I don't carry a corded vacuum anymore.

20190116_080656.jpg

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
If you already have a good canister vacuum this hard floor attachment is amazing, it drives like a Porsche. I use it before every tile and grout cleaning job and it makes quick work of it. I can't live without it.

View attachment 82345

This is another extremely good vac head for carpet for a canister and is virtually troublefree. I don't carry a corded vacuum anymore.

View attachment 82346
Jim will they fit too any vacuum or are they designed to a particular one vacuum?

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I'm not a fan of shark for commercial work, but in my home I love our shark douclean. We have two dogs and it doesnt clog. I recomend it.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Buy a 4 gallon, Rigid wet dry vac. You won't regret it. It picks up more dry soils than any commercial vac that I ever used. And it's only $100.00. Hook the turbo vac head to it too. Blows away all other vacuums. Great for ALL floors, rugs and carpet.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Ahh Love my Dual Motor Sebo G2. What a pleasure it is to use. Also have a Kirby Sentria 2. Both were used in near mint shape and saved me a bundle

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Rarely am I impressed. But the Sebo G2 is simply wonderful. Amazing what it gets up. Quiet, well balanced. And works great. Best Vac I’ve ever used.

Jim Chen

Jan 13, 2017
Real Name
JIM CHEN
Last year I ended up buying a Hoover Linx cordless stick vac and the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser hand vac, as I was so frustrated with our old Miele White Star. Both are decent for day-to-day touch-ups, but my Miele has now totally bitten the dust and I need to buy a new vac this week.

As much as I'd prefer an upright vac, I use my hose and attachments all the time to vacuum my very textured adobe walls, furniture, crevices, lampshades, etc., etc.

I've spent a lot of time this morning searching Get Cleaning Done and The Wirecutter. But, every time I check out the customer reviews there are always complaints that the rollers still get bound up with hair and have to be continually cut off. Or that the vacuums are falling apart! I found one that seemed to work well . . . as long as you got down on your hands and knees and used an attachment to get it up. I've been doing that for years with my Miele White Star and am so done with that! For a vacuum that expensive back then it was close to $500.

Is there a vacuum out there that actually really works with pet hair on rugs and hardwood? I need recommendations and ones NOT to buy quickly, please. Help!

I personally tried a few different types of head in the last 5 years on my general cleaning business, and now I only stick with the brush type of vacuum head on no matter what type of floors I think it’s the best.
With flat vac head sometimes could damage the floor if suction too strong and it won’t push or pull nicely

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez

I personally tried a few different types of head in the last 5 years on my general cleaning business, and now I only stick with the brush type of vacuum head on no matter what type of floors I think it’s the best.
With flat vac head sometimes could damage the floor if suction too strong and it won’t push or pull nicely
What’s the brand of that head in the photo @Jim Chen?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Buy a 4 gallon, Rigid wet dry vac. You won't regret it. It picks up more dry soils than any commercial vac that I ever used. And it's only $100.00. Hook the turbo vac head to it too. Blows away all other vacuums. Great for ALL floors, rugs and carpet.
Interesting recommendation.

Is it harder and does it take longer to vacuum a room full of carpet since you are basically using a wand with the rigid vs a push vac?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
And use orange 1 1/4" upgrade hose not the crapy black plastic hose. Or retrofit pool hose to work. Just dont use pleated paper filter only. They clog up fast. Bags work best for fine dust and lint. I like the 4 gal 6.0 peak one. Strong vac, large rear wheels so it follows you better and not overly huge. Which causes it to be left at home with the other 3 oversize shop vacs. Large ones only good for one thing picking up water.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Rarely am I impressed. But the Sebo G2 is simply wonderful. Amazing what it gets up. Quiet, well balanced. And works great. Best Vac I’ve ever used.
combined with your crb you are really getting a lot out before respray, eh?