Best uplholstary prespray? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best uplholstary prespray?

Yura

Mar 19, 2020
Real Name
Iurii Pankovskyi
Hi all, looking for the prespray to use on daily basis for the furniture cleaning. Main requirements are safety for all types of upholstery and still with strong cleaning ability. At the moment I have Chemspec Enz All, I dissolve it about 30ml/1 little but I heard it can be risky to use it with some materials and it can damage the paint etc. Waiting for you advices. Thanks

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Hi all, looking for the prespray to use on daily basis for the furniture cleaning. Main requirements are safety for all types of upholstery and still with strong cleaning ability. At the moment I have Chemspec Enz All, I dissolve it about 30ml/1 little but I heard it can be risky to use it with some materials and it can damage the paint etc. Waiting for you advices. Thanks
black label for synthetic fiber, rinses very well, and the tmf cotton cleaner for natural fibers. I use a dry cleaner for silk.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Yura, I'm old chemistry junkie, I tried most of widely available products, but I always come back to Prochem Synthetic a Natural presprays for upholstery. What is the reason? Synthetic fiber prespray is clear, yellowish liquid with a attention demanding scent , even in lower dilution levels, ( lavender, crisp linen scent mix) in higher dilution sudsy as hell, in absence of POG does good job on all kind of stains, you can use it as emulsifier booster for you main carpet prespray in absence of other products.
Natural fiber is dark blue with even more alluring scent , watch for atomization and dilution. You don't want to get high and discombobulated, so watch out. Same goes for floral deodorizer from Prochem, stay away from this one.
So, in summary, you should have your synthetic, natural, Haitian cotton and fine fiber shampoo. Don't forget Oxy plus and fiber buff. ( all Prochem) Before you start mixing any of those , you better read directions ...two reasons come to mind: safety and material damage prevention. You might be asking about tannin products later, coffee and tannin spotter, very efficient, also pungent smell, p 95 or better mask recomended if working larger area. You might be interested of removing red dye stains, Pro's choice Red 1 with help of heat transfer, very efficient, don't forget about rust remover, solv ink , protein remover- for milder cases of organic matters, not as aggressive but very efficient with dwell time and little agitation. Statement is based on my opinion and experience only. I've used all above mentioned product with more than satisfactory results. Before your brain is going to explode from overload, I do recommend one more product I swear by. It's OS -1, Pre's Choice. It has variety of use, but I liked it for one purpose only. It will fizzle out 5 years old blood stain like it was splattered yesterday, another great use is treating smaller areas of urine contamination. Speaking of urine, let's not forget OSR, very popular among old school and new age cleaners. If you don't have O2 booster handy for your main prespray, 1-2 scoops of OSR will do the justice. On the other hand I like Harvard
Powder booster to spruce up dingy carpets.
Now let's talk about Bridgpoint, Masterblend, Raw presprays cleaning line, which doesn't get enough attention on TMF.
I didn't mentioned TMF products. Those are in your face whenever you visit forum. Hopefully you got " free" samples from @rob allen. If not, hurry and claim it. I'm sure they work great, well, if you can afford it .
Don't feel bad though about spending your hard earned money. I pay for 7.5 lbs jar of Magic potion (Magic Wand) $100 not because I use it for intended purpose which is detergent/prespray, but for simple reason, it does smell so fine that I'm addicted to that smell. I wash rubber bed in my van, keep diluted mix in open container or just put a few scoops of Magic Potion in my fresh water tank.
Sorry for the outburst, you'll hear about these products sooner or later...Keep on asking....

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I've been using Kleenrite Upholstery PreSpray for many years.
Non-Ammoniated
Ready to use

Can be used on natural fibers.

kr-upsn-01.jpg

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
There is upholstery out there that you can get by with using a lot of products like Enz All and other products that are really not intended for upholstery. The thing is if you or a tech under you makes just one mistake and uses that on the wrong thing you just might be buying it and it can be VERY expensive. If you think your liability has your back on something like that think again. Chances are it will be coming right out of your bank account. My advice remains the same. Keep carpet cleaning products for carpet and keep upholstery cleaning products on hand or simply don't clean upholstery. Well, unless you want to buy someone a brand new 5 to 15 thousand dollar set of furniture.

There are a number of good upholstery presprays and fine fabric shampoos as well as some good encap products. Each has its own uses and I like several and I keep them with me all the time. Prochem mentioned above does make some good products and I don't think you can go wrong with them either. How you clean the upholstery is equally as important as what you use on it. I wished someone had taught me how to use shampoo years ago. I still prefer a good upholstery pre-spray for certain jobs and generally use Matrix Accomplish, sometimes boosted with citrus booster for greasy or oily soils, and I also love Matrix Radiant, a favorite of mine, for my shampoo. I don't keep a Haitian cotton shampoo and really don't much see the need for it personally. I also like to use a good acid fiber rinse for the upholstery to reduce the chances of browning or watermarking. You may have to try a few products and see what suits you, but I highly recommend putting at least one good shampoo in your arsenal. It can save you a LOT of work and may save your bank account as well. Don't forget a good sponge. I won't leave home w/o one.

Yura

Mar 19, 2020
Real Name
Iurii Pankovskyi
Yura, I'm old chemistry junkie, I tried most of widely available products, but I always come back to Prochem Synthetic a Natural presprays for upholstery. What is the reason? Synthetic fiber prespray is clear, yellowish liquid with a attention demanding scent , even in lower dilution levels, ( lavender, crisp linen scent mix) in higher dilution sudsy as hell, in absence of POG does good job on all kind of stains, you can use it as emulsifier booster for you main carpet prespray in absence of other products.
Natural fiber is dark blue with even more alluring scent , watch for atomization and dilution. You don't want to get high and discombobulated, so watch out. Same goes for floral deodorizer from Prochem, stay away from this one.
So, in summary, you should have your synthetic, natural, Haitian cotton and fine fiber shampoo. Don't forget Oxy plus and fiber buff. ( all Prochem) Before you start mixing any of those , you better read directions ...two reasons come to mind: safety and material damage prevention. You might be asking about tannin products later, coffee and tannin spotter, very efficient, also pungent smell, p 95 or better mask recomended if working larger area. You might be interested of removing red dye stains, Pro's choice Red 1 with help of heat transfer, very efficient, don't forget about rust remover, solv ink , protein remover- for milder cases of organic matters, not as aggressive but very efficient with dwell time and little agitation. Statement is based on my opinion and experience only. I've used all above mentioned product with more than satisfactory results. Before your brain is going to explode from overload, I do recommend one more product I swear by. It's OS -1, Pre's Choice. It has variety of use, but I liked it for one purpose only. It will fizzle out 5 years old blood stain like it was splattered yesterday, another great use is treating smaller areas of urine contamination. Speaking of urine, let's not forget OSR, very popular among old school and new age cleaners. If you don't have O2 booster handy for your main prespray, 1-2 scoops of OSR will do the justice. On the other hand I like Harvard
Powder booster to spruce up dingy carpets.
Now let's talk about Bridgpoint, Masterblend, Raw presprays cleaning line, which doesn't get enough attention on TMF.
I didn't mentioned TMF products. Those are in your face whenever you visit forum. Hopefully you got " free" samples from @rob allen. If not, hurry and claim it. I'm sure they work great, well, if you can afford it .
Don't feel bad though about spending your hard earned money. I pay for 7.5 lbs jar of Magic potion (Magic Wand) $100 not because I use it for intended purpose which is detergent/prespray, but for simple reason, it does smell so fine that I'm addicted to that smell. I wash rubber bed in my van, keep diluted mix in open container or just put a few scoops of Magic Potion in my fresh water tank.
Sorry for the outburst, you'll hear about these products sooner or later...Keep on asking....
thanks for a big answer! Do you use Prochem syntetic and natural pre spray as a main solution too or only for pre-spray? Please advice me solutions for the full cleaning process of any sofa synthetic/natural/silk. You also mentioned that how you clean is same important. Please give some cleaning tips, maybe some accessories, types of brushes you use etc. Thanks a lot!

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
thanks for a big answer! Do you use Prochem syntetic and natural pre spray as a main solution too or only for pre-spray? Please advice me solutions for the full cleaning process of any sofa synthetic/natural/silk. You also mentioned that how you clean is same important. Please give some cleaning tips, maybe some accessories, types of brushes you use etc. Thanks a lot!
I think @wandwizard was talking about cleaning techniques and accessories. I'd say you should learn step by step, try to identify fiber, use feasible methods to clean it, learn about different brushes, tapping, horse hair brush, screening techniques for cleaning velvet and such. You'd be better off to take some classes first, if available and use search feature on TMF . After spending hours searching and educating yourself, come back and ask more questions. It would be hard to give you perfect advice for each and every type of velvet. One thing is for sure, don't treat short hair velvet the same as you would microfiber material.
There are old school cleaners on this forum who used to clean upholstery with a terry towels... Figure that.....

Reactions: wandwizard

Yura

Mar 19, 2020
Real Name
Iurii Pankovskyi
I think @wandwizard was talking about cleaning techniques and accessories. I'd say you should learn step by step, try to identify fiber, use feasible methods to clean it, learn about different brushes, tapping, horse hair brush, screening techniques for cleaning velvet and such. You'd be better off to take some classes first, if available and use search feature on TMF . After spending hours searching and educating yourself, come back and ask more questions. It would be hard to give you perfect advice for each and every type of velvet. One thing is for sure, don't treat short hair velvet the same as you would microfiber material.
There are old school cleaners on this forum who used to clean upholstery with a terry towels... Figure that.....
Hi, I actually just finished such courses, but still have questions about accessories and beat chemistry that pros use there, choice in Ukraine is much worse so I am going to order everything from USA. This is why asking for such tips. I want to order full scale of solutions and accessories like brushes and scrabbers for all my needs from the US.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
The Ammoniated fumes are terrible. It works great but I got complaints about the fumes so I stopped using it along time ago.

Non-Ammoniated has a little solvent smell but much better than Ammoniated.

Were the water spots something you caused or already there?

I assume it's cotton fabric.

I like Chemspec Fast Dry Shampoo. I always have that on the van. I would try that first with a good sea sponge to get out the water stains and just vacuum the moisture off.