Best truckmount for the not mechanically inclined........ | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best truckmount for the not mechanically inclined........

Dadio

May 14, 2020
Real Name
Mark
We do duct work cleaning with a caddy vac truckmount Air duct cleaning truck. We have pondered doing steam cleaning but it seems one must be mechanically inclined to do the steam cleaning with many machines. Any super reliable steam cleaners for the not mechanically inclined????

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Either a Butler system or a Hydramaster 4.8 in my experience. Very few mechanical issues if you just maintain them regularly. Your dealer will show you all the scheduled maintenance and Butlers even have a chart on the cover to tell you the daily, weekly, monthly, and hour based maintenance. If you can drain and fill some oil and use a grease gun there's almost no other work needed.

For the 4.8 though there's one grease fitting you have to pull the whole engine shroud off to reach and it's a pain. Don't grease it and you'll blow out a drive shaft. My old boss learned that the hard way.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
i will be the first to admit to not being mechanically inclined. But I have owned many truckmounts over the years and for the most part they have been extremely reliable.

All I do is the monthly maintenance like you would do on any machine (oil change, charge softener, clean orifaces and waste tank) then I take my machine to my supplier each year to do the annual maintenance. I agree a direct drive may have less maintenance but I have no problem with working on a slide in

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I dont believe one really has to be mechanically inclined, just employ some common sense.

Most people who are "mechanically inclined" are only such due to having worked on machines.

I dare you to call any auto mechanic and ask him to look at your truckmount, 99% will say no because they "have no idea how it works"