Best Residential Encap

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
ii have the 2 speed.... standard....had to order a separate weight kit......best deal is to order the MERLIN...it comes standard with 8" wheels, extra heavy duty frame and gears, I like the sprayer but you could save 800$ and order a standard gravity tank. I do like the sprayer as they have bypass to either spray in front or do gravity feed...i only use it for carpet not wood...but it is smooth and easy to manuver....http://www.hawkbuffers.com/library/16_merlin_2-speed_wd_buffer_spec.pdf

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
i ordered wheels from HAWK dealer..8" get the MERLIN as they come standard withn 8" wheels and heavy duty frame and heavy duty gears.....http://www.hawkbuffers.com/library/16_merlin_2-speed_wd_buffer_spec.pdf

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
Which dealer for the hawk line did you deal with thanks for the info
i bought these...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XDAPX1K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 great 8" wheels..advantage: softer rubber on bumps and stairs....Disadvantage: bolts stick out the sides...so i ordered from HAWK..... i ordered the new *" wheels from HAWK......DEALER......
Which dealer did you buy from? thanks

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
MERLIN... they make a 2 speed XHD..extra heavy duty gears...and a 1 speed SEVERE HEAVY DUTY....overkill for carpet but good for wood......and another one you can attach a vacuum for wood,,,all 3 are listed here...https://www.johnson-wholesale.com/SRCH.html?Search=hawk%20merlin... out of N CAROLINA...they have been out of 2 speed for a long time.....

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
What is the price ???

17'' is 113 pounds but that doesn't include sprayer and tank

its been a nice setup...but like i said the MERLIN....is a better fit with more head weight for carpet ....only thing i dont like about the new wheels from HAWK is they are not forgiving on bumps are steps....i may go back to my old wheel chair wheels as they were FOAM TYPE??

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Did this Rental House today

Miserable Nasty Damp Cold and Pouring Rain outside but that doesn't matter if your VLM

Doors are closed, I'm Warm, Dry, and making HUGE PROFITS using VLM

2 Bed Rooms
Hall
Stairs
Living Room

Carpet
Vacuum - Shark Stratos
Prespray - Worx Sprayer and SuperCap with Unchained
Scrub - BrushMaster Pro 35 CRB with Grey Residential Brushes
Extract - Odyssey and Gladiator 21'' Cotton Bonnets
Groom - Brush Master Pro 35 CRB with Grey Residential Brushes

Steps
Vacuum - Eureka Handheld
Scrub - 10'' CRB with Whittaker Grey Brushes
Extract - Stepson with Challenger 14'' Cotton Bonnet
Groom - Carpet Brush

I love VLM !!!

image000002.jpg

image000000.jpg

Reactions: Anderson

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
The encaps we have to work with today are incredible

They just work

I use Bonnet Pro TMF VacAway for Residential and Apartments

Whittaker and Excellent Supply are for Commercial

I try everything and VacAway has a knew encap called Formula 357. I've been trying it on my Apartment Complex and really like it.

Light citrus Scent

9.5 ph at 4oz

You can add VacAway Detonator (Peroxide) to Formula 357 for oxidizing boost

The problem with some crystallizers is they leave residential carpet stiff at higher dilutions 6-8 oz

I don't use crystallizers higher than 5 oz. Except SuperCap

Film Forming Encaps are different. They leave carpet soft even at high dilutions

SuperCap leaves the carpet nice and soft at high dilutions but I have gotten complaints about SuperCap recently in occupied homes at higher dilutions. I believe it's the strong peroxide that bothers some people

@peterbreen
Do you agree with that ???

image000000 (6).jpg

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
Did this Rental House today

Miserable Nasty Damp Cold and Pouring Rain outside but that doesn't matter if your VLM

Doors are closed, I'm Warm, Dry, and making HUGE PROFITS using VLM

2 Bed Rooms
Hall
Stairs
Living Room

Carpet
Vacuum - Shark Stratos
Scrub - BrushMaster Pro 35 CRB with Grey Residential Brushes
Extract - Odyssey and Gladiator 21'' Cotton Bonnets
Groom - Brush Master Pro 35 CRB with Grey Residential Brushes

Steps
Vacuum - Eureka Handheld
Scrub - 10'' CRB with Whittaker Grey Brushes
Extract - Stepson with Challenger 14'' Cotton Bonnet
Groom - Carpet Brush

I love VLM !!!

View attachment 101803

View attachment 101804
you have used bonnet pro...ROCKET POWDER.... and you spike it with ROCKET BLAST tile cleaner for trashed cleaning????

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I never added Blast to anything but twice last year I put a light coat of Blast down first on trashed carpet. Scrubbed it with a CRB and then Sprayed down Rocket scrubbed it again with a CRB and then extracted with a cotton bonnet. Worked good but slow process.

I haven't done that this Year

I had a couple of trashed unoccupied rentals this Year and used SuperCap 3x at 8oz and they turned out beautiful Scrub with CRB and extract with cotton bonnet

I don't like to use SuperCap at 8oz in occupied anymore

Trashed occupied I have been using Rocket at 6oz and adding 2oz of NanoMAXX. Then scrub with CRB and extract with cotton bonnet

That new CRB I have BrushMaster Pro 35 is worth every penny I paid for it

VacAway TMF or Bonnet Pro and that CRB with Odyssey and Cotton Bonnet can get any residential carpet clean

Last edited:

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
I will try formula 357. Right now my go to for the trashed carpet is Angry Lemon any where from 2 oz. to 5oz. to a gallon of water hot works faster. Just cleaning soiled carpet Right now im using Dragon Citrus with Oxy 2 oz to a gallon of hot water. Furnitue wool rugs i use Nano Maxx. Step 1 prevacuum WorkMaster # 2 pre spray Worx short wand # 3 CRB BrushPro 20 in Ironman pads for extraction. .If you are post vacuuming film forming to me is good but relying on others to finish the soil removal with vacuuming .Crystalizers dry and removal is much easier leaves nothing to stick to the fibers.