VLM cost of doing business is much lower than HWE

Been all VLM for 2 1/2 Years now

Gas prices must be killing TM users

Last edited:

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
George just ordered my 1st case of Super Cap Unchained. I too have been low moisture for all my carpet cleaning Pad capping. So far the truckmount has not had a water damage call. The commercial calls are coming. in for the years end cleaning. I do use pad capping for residential and have not had any complain that i am not using hot water extracting been out carpet cleaning since 1995 .
Low moisture cleaning ,and set up helps your bottom line. I use a promaster city van and get good miles per gallon im in a very rural state LOL

Reactions: george8585

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
DS2 gets excellent results on commercial carpet

I gotta start taking some pics. I did this job today.

I use Trinity Phoenix and Releasit DS2 on commercial carpet with Micro Fiber Bonnets.

Those dark areas in pic 2 are shadows

Resized_20220226_102612.jpg

Resized_20220226_103320.jpg

Reactions: Frank Fratto

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Tues. cleaned apt. turn-over nylon berber tried Super Cap Unchained It did a fantastic job. Tonite i have a large day care and will use Super-cap unchained . commercial glue down

I knew you would love SuperCap with Uncahined

BEST Residential Encap !!!

I'm sure it will do a fantastic job on Day Care CGD too

Last edited:

FFA

Mar 6, 2022
Real Name
yeah nooooo
George, thank you for sharing your experience and success with VLM. I'm starting new in this business and have come across you and a few others on the Internet who have said they loved switching from HWE to VLM. With the low startup cost and less equipment it was too good to pass up the opportunity so I'm jumping in with VLM. I got an Orbot Vibe, very nice machine I love it.

I notice everyone using microfiber or cotton bonnets to clean but I'm going pure encap. I didn't like the idea of constantly swapping bonnets and having to wash them later. Instead of using bonnets I'm scrubbing with fiberpads.

Now I know the fiberpads do not have any extraction action like the microfiber bonnets do. They are scrubbing only. So I am doing a post vaccuming after the carpets dry to extract the filth and encap cleaner out of the carpets.

I'm using the hoover hushtone commercial vacuums and they seem really great so far. I have two vacuums one for pre-vac only and one for post-vac only. This way I do not transfer any filth or smell onto the carpets during my post vacuum, which I think would happen if I used only one vacuum.

A family member let me test out my equipment and process on their very dirty carpets. I used Releasit DS2. I know I know it's meant for commercial but I wanted to see what it can do. I'll be switching to Releasit Hydrox going forward as it is supposed to be better for residential than DS2. I might try Supercap since you have praised it so much.

I am very happy with the results, not bad at all for my first test cleaning I think. The dark stains and mattedness are gone, the carpet is so bright, fluffy, soft, and clean feeling now. My family member was SUPER HAPPY with the results.

TMF1.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tmf2.jpg

Reactions: george8585

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
George, thank you for sharing your experience and success with VLM. I'm starting new in this business and have come across you and a few others on the Internet who have said they loved switching from HWE to VLM. With the low startup cost and less equipment it was too good to pass up the opportunity so I'm jumping in with VLM. I got an Orbot Vibe, very nice machine I love it.

I notice everyone using microfiber or cotton bonnets to clean but I'm going pure encap. I didn't like the idea of constantly swapping bonnets and having to wash them later. Instead of using bonnets I'm scrubbing with fiberpads.

Now I know the fiberpads do not have any extraction action like the microfiber bonnets do. They are scrubbing only. So I am doing a post vaccuming after the carpets dry to extract the filth and encap cleaner out of the carpets.

I'm using the hoover hushtone commercial vacuums and they seem really great so far. I have two vacuums one for pre-vac only and one for post-vac only. This way I do not transfer any filth or smell onto the carpets during my post vacuum, which I think would happen if I used only one vacuum.

A family member let me test out my equipment and process on their very dirty carpets. I used Releasit DS2. I know I know it's meant for commercial but I wanted to see what it can do. I'll be switching to Releasit Hydrox going forward as it is supposed to be better for residential than DS2. I might try Supercap since you have praised it so much.

I am very happy with the results, not bad at all for my first test cleaning I think. The dark stains and mattedness are gone, the carpet is so bright, fluffy, soft, and clean feeling now. My family member was SUPER HAPPY with the results.

View attachment 99341
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 99342
Welcome to TMF

You can learn a lot about VLM here on TMF from me and Peter

Vibe with sprayer ???

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
Welcome to the low moisture forum..My take on pad capping is you are removing the top soil that shows. Cotton and microfiber pads work the best at extraction. Once the fiber is dry then 2 or 3 post vacuuming has removed the soil from the bottom. Once you get working you wont have the time to post vacuum every job. Peter Breen

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
Yes i started using distilled water mixing my spotters. Then using with clo2 and mix with pre-sprays you can see a difference using distilled water. Wally World is where i by my distilled water i think $00.88 cents a gallon up here in tree huggers land. George are you seeing a slow down in booking work. My commercial is doing ok thanks to low moisture and the mini van .
We survived 8 yrs. of Obama . LOL

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
Yes i started using distilled water mixing my spotters. Then using with clo2 and mix with pre-sprays you can see a difference using distilled water. Wally World is where i by my distilled water i think $00.88 cents a gallon up here in tree huggers land. George are you seeing a slow down in booking work. My commercial is doing ok thanks to low moisture and the mini van .
Whoops

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I take all soft water to every job for my encaps.
I started that over a year ago
I definitely saw a difference

All my spotters I use straight so I don't need distilled for them

Do you use distilled water with your encaps ???

I use distilled with cl02 and upholstery presprays

I carry 5 gallons of distilled water and usually about 15 - 30 gallons of soft water on my van depending on the job or jobs

I don't have much commercial work. I never have a lot but I do have an estimate to give tomorrow. I do his house some I'm sure I will get the job

I haven't seen a slow down but it's only April. It rains too much in April. Last week it rained 4 days.
Where I'm at a lot of people don't want to spend money getting their carpet cleaned if it's raining everyday or every other day. It's like that every year.

So far this year I'm about average to a little above average for work. I'm doing good.

My busy season is May until December.

Last edited: