Best Residential Encap

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
Which color George?? LOL I have to tell you i really like the 17 in. Glide rotary by Hawk. My first rotary i"ve always pad capped with a orbital. Thinking of their 13 in. to replace the oreck . I did order the Hawk 8 in. wheels .

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Good to hear the Hawk is working for you

The final price for the MiniMax would be approximately $4600 if you use a credit card

But I guarantee that's a well made machine and will get excellent results

I'm going to have some fun this weekend and make some Easy Money

I got a good Commercial job Saturday 8 AM

I love VLM !!!

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
George, to me commercial is so stress free cleaning compared to residential. Most carpet cleaners do not carry workers comp and have a Fed I D number which makes the bidding list smaller NO TRUNK SLAMMERS . How would you compare your Hawk 13 in. to a Oreck like on stairs???

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
No way your using a 13'' Hawk on stairs

I think Hawk weighs 65 pounds

That Hawk is a 175-300

Good rotary but not for stairs

image000002 (2).jpg

image000003.jpg

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Peter he is talking about that POS brush that stuck to your Orbot Velcro Driver

I had one and it fell apart. You couldn't use it on residential carpet because it gabbed too much.

It worked ok on commercial until it feel apart after a couple of uses. It was JUNK but maybe they are made better today. I don't know. I never bought a second one.

Magic Wand still sells them for $175

I think they were $100 when I bought mine

products-CPBR01-2.jpg

Last edited:

jack zerkie

Jun 27, 2008
cape coral florida
Business Location
United States
Peter he is talking about that POS brush that stuck to your Orbot Velcro Driver

I had one and it fell apart. You couldn't use it on residential carpet because it gabbed too much.

It worked ok on commercial until it feel apart after a couple of uses. It was JUNK but maybe they are made better today. I don't know. I never bought a second one.

Magic Wand still sells them for $175

I think they were $100 when I bought mine

View attachment 102478
Yes junk at least when I purchased mine .jz

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
George, to me commercial is so stress free cleaning compared to residential. Most carpet cleaners do not carry workers comp and have a Fed I D number which makes the bidding list smaller NO TRUNK SLAMMERS . How would you compare your Hawk 13 in. to a Oreck like on stairs??

I did that commercial job Saturday and started out using SprayBorg

After about an hour I stopped and switched to Trinity Phoenix

SprayBorg is too slow and not as aggressive as Phoenix. I had the velco driver and two weights on each side. I probably should have used the red bristle driver, it's more aggressive, but it's still slower cleaning than Phoenix

So that gave me an excuse to buy another TOY to add to my VLM Arsenal

Yea I know ... I need to go to AA Meetings for Carpet Cleaning Equipment Addicts

I work alone and need to clean large Commercial faster

Even faster than Phoenix

I had a 15'' bought used about 5 Years ago but sold it. I really wanted a 20'' then but couldn't find a used 20''.

New they cost $4500

My new TOY is a used 20'' Whittaker Trio

3 Brushes on top of 75 pounds plus the water weight and fast

Yes I know straight encap but ...

The 15'' cleaned great and this one is heavier and with a 20'' cleaning path

They are easy to maneuver, smooth, quiet, with one built in tray in back, 2 1/2 gallon tank that lasts a long time. A fine spray right in front of 3 Brushes. Carpet is clean and dry in 30-60 minutes.

They really are nice machines. Everything Whittaker is top shelf. Whittaker encaps are excellent for Commercial Carpet Cleaning

Trio is not suited for every job but has it's place

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
I too am working alone now. Done with labor bullshit and back to having fun. Congrats on the new toy the 20 in. will smoke jobs. I have thought about adding the sprayer to my 20 in. Brush Pro using it for 100% encap but i am a pad capper . But who knows i might try 100% encap like i did back in the 90s with the cimexs As far as speed i do not use the freedom or Grumpy way way to loud. for a larger orbit i i use the Echo 17 to me it does what the grumpy does but not so radical loud and better looking.

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Peter my Phoenix and Odyssey are not loud
They run smooth and quiet
I had a Freedom and it was a POS
New owners at Trinity are making better machines

Where does the dirt go ???

It turns into Money !!!

Vacuum - Shark Stratos
Encap - Worx Sprayer and SuperCap 3x
Scrub - Brush Master Pro 35 CRB
Extract - Trinity Odyssey and 21'' Cotton Glad Pads
Groom - 10'' CRB

I love VLM !!!

image000000 (10).jpg

th (13).jpg

peterbreen

Jan 22, 2017
Real Name
Peter Breen
A carpet cleaner from Indiana made it for me to go on the sprayborg but use it on the Vibe.
Peter are you using the malish pad driver on a orbot or vibe do you have a model number and where did you purchase it ? Thank you JZ.
A cleaner in Indiana made it for me a long time ago forgot his name Today i use it on the Vibe.

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Peter are you using the malish pad driver on a orbot or vibe do you have a model number and where did you purchase it ? Thank you JZ.
I have a malish driver too and love it

Orbot is a wimp without it

Peter got one and recommended it to me

Thank You Peter

It makes the Vibe/SprayBorg much more aggressive and digs deeper on residential carpet

I paid $325

It was about 9 years ago

Cleaner had one made for his SprayBorg in a Machine Shop and then started selling them to other cleaners

image000001 (8).jpg

image000000 (11).jpg

Last edited:

george8585

Premium VIP
Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Exactly

I found that out last weekend when I tried to use SprayBorg without the malish driver on commercial carpet.

I thought I would be ok without it on commercial carpet but I was very disappointed in the performance without the malish driver

It had been many years since I used SprayBorg with a velcro driver

I would never even consider using Vibe/SprayBorg without malish driver on residential carpet

Last edited: