Best Red Remover | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best Red Remover

hurricanecc

Nov 21, 2013
that is one quick pass on it. took half of it out. if it needs more i apply a little more and put the iron back on..works on most stains. but like others have mentioned their are some red stains that are hard to identify what they are sometimes...also some red stains no matter what you use the customer has already put several different chemicals on them and set them in. i try, if i see any results i keep trying, if i see no results i move on.
When you make your own and mix the two together, what’s the shelf life? I’m assuming the single bottle red removal products have a stabilizer, preservative type product added

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
99.9% of people that have them have more than 10 and have already sprayed a bunch of random dollar store carpet sprays on em.

99.9% of those people aren't the type to want to pay extra for them to be removed.

We did 1 last year lol

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
When you make your own and mix the two together, what’s the shelf life? I’m assuming the single bottle red removal products have a stabilizer, preservative type product added
The oxidzer(hydrogen peroxide) is really the only thing that degrades. If its in the summer it can lose its fiz within weeks. most folks mix that with ammonia. Or you could just use ammonia too.

Reactions: hurricanecc

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Todays job - Red stain supposedly cherry coolaid. It did look like any red drink spill. Red 1 has been my go to red remover. Only removed about 20% maybe less of the color. Bottle only 1 month old. Spent a lot of time on it with wet towel and iron.

I did try other spotters in case it was something else but no luck.

I saw Robs video on red remover taking red out in minutes without heat.

Whats the best red remover?
I've used Red 1 many times and had about 90% success rate. For me it was nylon carpet I had always problem with when trying to use heat transfer method...

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Lots of beverages, sports drinks etc have synthetic dyes with a "percentage of real fruit juice." Try rinsing it out and using a normal oxidizer if the reducer din't give adequate results and charge accordingly.
How’s things going Steven?

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
So as with the candle wax revelation what would you use? Like red is not always red if you know what I mean...red wine red Kool aid red finger nail polish....please help me understand this. Red zone ready the product I have on my truck is a reducer correct? That's good for man made stains of any color? But what about the candle wax color or say finger nail polish? Is it the color or the staining product that you are combating?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
So as with the candle wax revelation what would you use? Like red is not always red if you know what I mean...red wine red Kool aid red finger nail polish....please help me understand this. Red zone ready the product I have on my truck is a reducer correct? That's good for man made stains of any color? But what about the candle wax color or say finger nail polish? Is it the color or the staining product that you are combating?
RedZone Ready is a reducer. It is for removing synthetic or man-made dye stains. The key is it removes dyes, like food coloring.

When there is material, texture present, you need something for that specific material such as wax or fingernail polish. I have to leave now, but more in a few days if needed.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Psst, go into your apps and download interlink stain guide. ;) theres good info in there.

• Love
Reactions: Scott W