Best Portable? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best Portable?

PRH

Jul 21, 2019
Real Name
Patrick Hoene
Hey everybody I need your help. I would like to start my own Carpet Cleaning Business but i have to crawl before i walk so I am planning on getting a portable to start off. I cant figure out if the new Mytee Escape Lite vortex is one of the best out there for the money or there are comparable for less. I was planning on getting a 5x8 trailer and keeping it there with a generator. I was told it has the power to do so(150-200feet). Is this set up even proper for the portable or will i have problems with the carpets being wet? Also i baught a used power wand($650) and was going to use it as well. Did i make a mistake and should have gotten the 360i instead? Any suggestions?

RonnieB

Sep 11, 2014
Real Name
Ronald Brown
Hi PRH, welcome to the biz. So no one has responded yet so I thought I'd give you a shout. I've been doing this for over 22 years and have had many truckmounts and portables.I have only used portables for high rise and areas where it was impossible/impractical to use a TM. I honestly haven't researched the one you mentioned but I don't think I would use more than 25 feet of hose for standard portables. I would definitely recommend one with auto-fill and auto-dump also.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
problems with the carpets being wet? Operator error, not machines fault

I would say over the mighty the Namco Beast yes I have owned and used this machine.

I make no $$ or receive anything by recommending the Namco Beast

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Imo unless you really downsize the jets on the powerwand your definitely going to have over wetting problems.

The powerwands water recovery is poor to begin with but it does work if vacuum is strong enough, like a 47 blower... 200ft off a porty hell no.

Also be careful the powerwand scrubs really well but also will pull seams if your not careful

PRH

Jul 21, 2019
Real Name
Patrick Hoene
Imo unless you really downsize the jets on the powerwand your definitely going to have over wetting problems.

The powerwands water recovery is poor to begin with but it does work if vacuum is strong enough, like a 47 blower... 200ft off a porty hell no.

Also be careful the powerwand scrubs really well but also will pull seams if your not careful
Thanks i will. I wish they made little tiny bonnets for the powerwand. I thaught i could get some more use for it as an agitator. Im gonna try to find something or just go to home depot and get a scrub brush

Attachments

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Thanks i will. I wish they made little tiny bonnets for the powerwand. I thaught i could get some more use for it as an agitator. Im gonna try to find something or just go to home depot and get a scrub brush
they used to have a tile head with some relatively stiff brushes that would prob be fine to use on some really trashed poly.

in general though the powerwand has kind of been send to the tool graveyard, the 360 is much better.

They will be coming out with a new dual head tool soon, Im excited to demo it.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Hey everybody I need your help. I would like to start my own Carpet Cleaning Business but i have to crawl before i walk so I am planning on getting a portable to start off. I cant figure out if the new Mytee Escape Lite vortex is one of the best out there for the money or there are comparable for less. I was planning on getting a 5x8 trailer and keeping it there with a generator. I was told it has the power to do so(150-200feet). Is this set up even proper for the portable or will i have problems with the carpets being wet? Also i baught a used power wand($650) and was going to use it as well. Did i make a mistake and should have gotten the 360i instead? Any suggestions?
59AB1442-FE96-4D1A-B669-F0FA7F057AE9.jpeg