Best portable for my new rotovac Power-wand | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

IsaiahT

Jul 10, 2017
Real Name
Isaiah Tichenor
(Title was supposed to say portable not piety. Haha!)
Hey guys,
I'm new to this business and just found a steal of a deal on a Power-wand from Rotovac. I'm trying to figure out what kind of portable unit I should use and if I shall have a standard wand on hand as well. Also would love some recommendations for the best chems out there. Thanks in advance and God bless!
Isaiah

brianedwards25

Mar 26, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Brian
Business Location
United States
Hey I started with a Rotovac and a portable. One issue you will run into is power cords. You will likely want a strong dual vac portable that requires at least 2 cords and you will need a cord for the Rotovac. Add to that a solution hose and vacuum hose and you have a lot of lines to set up and be aware of. It can work well but can also be frustrating. I will let others tell you which portable to get but I wanted to put that out there.

Mytee, cross American, Nautilus, namco all make great portables that can run 50 plus feet of hose which will be good so you don't have to stay too close to your machine and those cords. I would also suggest getting the cuffs that allow you to run your solution line through your vac line to keep them together. I hope things go well for you

Reactions: IsaiahT

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
You will still need a conventional wand - for corners, edging, even to dry pass after the roto.

Reactions: IsaiahT

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Title fixed. I recommend a Nautilus from Interlink.

Reactions: IsaiahT and Kyle8

IsaiahT

Jul 10, 2017
Real Name
Isaiah Tichenor
You will still need a conventional wand - for corners, edging, even to dry pass after the roto.
Thanks! I was looking at a used portable and he's selling his wand with it so it may be a good deal.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Mytee man I love mine. The Nautilus is hands down the best. But I couldn't afford one that expensive. I would recommend 500 psi and 2 3 stage vacs. I have the mytee cs2001 it has one 3 stage vac and 1500 watt heater, 120psi water pump. They run around $1500 and last forever lol. I have had mine about 8 years and works great made me 100 thousand dollars probably. Mytee also has a no. Heated version for around 900 or 1000 dollars. Comes with 3 stage vac 120 psi pump.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
i am excited to see larry cobbs new portable Breeze with the new vacuum motors. two custom made vacuum motors in series output around 250 cfm and 16 HG lift. that is really impressive with two power cords. my etm has those specs but with 4 vacuum motors to get those number. that is the portable i would get :)

Reactions: Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
i am excited to see larry cobbs new portable Breeze with the new vacuum motors. two custom made vacuum motors in series output around 250 cfm and 16 HG lift. that is really impressive with two power cords. my etm has those specs but with 4 vacuum motors to get those number. that is the portable i would get :)
Dang that will have some major power

Reactions: Qwikdry

brianedwards25

Mar 26, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Brian
Business Location
United States
Where can we see info on it?

Reactions: Kyle8

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Larry Cobb and John labarbera have been working on it. They posted a pic of the inside of the machine a few days ago. Impressive for sure. Check Larry Cobb's site.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
it sounds to me like its the single stage version of the 6.6 ... which has been around for ages .

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
actually , this is the one i was thinking of ... its give u the very high cfm and lowish lift mentioned in the cobb machine .... but the 700 airwatts mentioned is way more than this one ...
so perhaps ametek have a newer full amp version that gives the extra power
i think this version was about 150w lower than the two stage

http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Product Bulletin/122208-00.pdf

Reactions: IsaiahT and igare

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
JRH;

That particular single stage 8.4 motor lacks significant pull and IMHO, way over board on the CFM's. For us here, when we tested that motor about a year and a half ago, we were less than happy with it. I think that motor would be much better for "dry vacuuming" rather than used in the extraction industry.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
But ... it could work well in series , chances are u didnt test two in series as u dont seem to subscribe to series in general .
I was trying to figure out what motor larry cobb is on about , and a 6.6 single stage like that 8.4 with the 1750w motor seems like it could be the one .

Last edited: