best portable for commercial carpet ?

ct4life

May 6, 2014
Real Name
carl carter
Hello
We have started to clean carpet and tile in very secure locations (banks,airports). And we are trying to decide on a portable for carpet and a portable for tile. Price is not an issue neither is weight/size. Simply want the best results .

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
So far I have cleaned over 40k sqft at 140F using agitation and chemical to offset temp shortage.
I like the machine enough that I bought a second for backup and future growth. You can get one with a smaller water pump and more vacuum, but I only wanted to keep one set of spare parts around.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Carl;
As Scott above has suggested, having a POWERFUL system which doesn't blow every circuit is extremely important along with the general over-all reliability of that system.

Good luck and hope you make the right decision!

Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
A Two cord three stage in parallel, with auto fill and auto dump that you can hook up to hot water at the janitors closet will do nicely. I use 1/2" 300psi Goodyear air hose for incoming and waste water ...super strong, doesn't kink. I usually have 50' 2" plus 5" 1 1/2" whip hose to my wand with two 50' sections of water hose going to/from the janitor closet giving me an area around 65-70k SF I can clean without reconnecting fresh and waste water hoses.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Hello
We have started to clean carpet and tile in very secure locations (banks,airports). And we are trying to decide on a portable for carpet and a portable for tile. Price is not an issue neither is weight/size. Simply want the best results .

We have jobs like that...

Get a crb or cimex instead and small spotter machine. Will do a far better job on commercial carpet then any portable

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
Here is your best machine with maximum vacuum. You can switch between series and parallel as the need arises.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=MXE-500M
That is what I would have gotten with a water otter if I wasn't doing hotel rooms setting up and breaking down every 25m. It is a great option and will do as good of a job as a small truckmount.
Shane seems to have a real chip on his shoulder against portables and clearly has no experience with modern high power ones. Mine can achieve 1hr dry times with ac and a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: Scott W