Best portable comercial extractor? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best portable comercial extractor?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Yes, after running them for 2 years, here's what I have learned. If you take advantage of the high flow capability, you don't need high pressure or high heat and hot tap water is absolutely fine. Same BTU's delivered to the floor at 1.75 gpm @ 130° as 1 gpm @ 210°. Better cleaning, faster with less wanding.

Weight 18 lbs
Amps 1.5
170° tolerant

You couldn't give me a brand spanking new 5 amp, 35 pound (plus hardware), 140° tolerant, fussy, high pressure pump for a true portable anymore.
With a rotory on a lower RPM setting, then max, would do a good cleaning too.

High flow with using a wand and good vac pick up, using portable, it is what I found to be very good deep cleaning and fast.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Yes, after running them for 2 years, here's what I have learned. If you take advantage of the high flow capability, you don't need high pressure or high heat and hot tap water is absolutely fine. Same BTU's delivered to the floor at 1.75 gpm @ 130° as 1 gpm @ 210°. Better cleaning, faster with less wanding.

Weight 18 lbs
Amps 1.5
170° tolerant

You couldn't give me a brand spanking new 5 amp, 35 pound (plus hardware), 140° tolerant, fussy, high pressure pump for a true portable anymore.
Wow that’s great. One advantage of the Aquatec pump that I can see is in very cold climates like where I live and I store my portable outside in my shed. I think that even if I winterize my machine with washer fluid, the cold exposure could still affect and slightly damage over time the components of the pump especially with those very tight tolerance. With the Aquatec, I can double winterize using washer fluid and then flush all liquid out with air.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Wow that’s great. One advantage of the Aquatec pump that I can see is in very cold climates like where I live and I store my portable outside in my shed. I think that even if I winterize my machine with washer fluid, the cold exposure could still affect and slightly damage over time the components of the pump especially with those very tight tolerance. With the Aquatec, I can double winterize using washer fluid and then flush all liquid out with air.
The winter might also contribute to the damage or misalignment of the internal components of my Pumptec pump is what I mean in the previous thread.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
@Jim Davisson
The Aquatec demand pump on my truckmount machine already has 2k hrs on it and still running. But its running cold water. It might not last that long if its running hot water but based on your observation, running hot tap water on your pumps for 2 yrs, no problem? It can take it?

What’s your suggestion, should I just take out the heater from my LTD6? I think that when I stop wanding and since there is no check valve, the hot water from the heater could transfer to the pump and damage the pump.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
@Jim Davisson
The Aquatec demand pump on my truckmount machine already has 2k hrs on it and still running. But its running cold water. It might not last that long if its running hot water but based on your observation, running hot tap water on your pumps for 2 yrs, no problem? It can take it?

What’s your suggestion, should I just take out the heater from my LTD6? I think that when I stop wanding and since there is no check valve, the hot water from the heater could transfer to the pump and damage the pump.
These pumps take heat fine, I've had ours up to 160° incoming water temps many times on gas water heaters cranked all the way up to 11, no problem. 2 years and not one issue. 86 the onboard heater and let it eat from the job water heater, you will be shocked at the performance.

Of the two machines I built, I have only replaced one $6 rocker switch with hundreds of jobs on each one in all that time. Excellent ROI.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
These pumps take heat fine, I've had ours up to 160° incoming water temps many times on gas water heaters cranked all the way up to 11, no problem. 2 years and not one issue. 86 the onboard heater and let it eat from the job water heater, you will be shocked at the performance.

Of the two machines I built, I have only replaced one $6 rocker switch with hundreds of jobs on each one in all that time. Excellent ROI.
Thanks. Since this flood hog has a big stainless filter, there will be no more space for your cyclone filter. Will you just use this filter, without the pantyhose, and your apo can take it the bigger debris that go through the filter? Where can we buy the apo?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I will use the 4 gallon Flood hog filter with the same 5 gallon paint strainers in it I use on the TM's. It's a great filter and a nice built in feature.

You can get the pump on Amazon for $60 Active Aqua Submersible Water Pump, 1110 GPH. It's been maintenance free and bulletproof for me. Removed the stock apo and wired the above to the same wires in an hour.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
I will use the 4 gallon Flood hog filter with the same 5 gallon paint strainers in it I use on the TM's. It's a great filter and a nice built in feature.

You can get the pump on Amazon for $60 Active Aqua Submersible Water Pump, 1110 GPH. It's been maintenance free and bulletproof for me. Removed the stock apo and wired the above to the same wires in an hour.
Thank you very much for sharing

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
i thought that my LTD6 with 500 psi pump and built in heater is the best set up. But its only good as long as it lasts. With heat build up inside the body, it didn’t last long. Would you still bother to add in a fan in your new set up?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
i thought that my LTD6 with 500 psi pump and built in heater is the best set up. But its only good as long as it lasts. With heat build up inside the body, it didn’t last long. Would you still bother to add in a fan in your new set up?
I did, its in the picture at the front of the machine. It's blowing fresh air right at the vacuum motors.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States

Weight 18 lbs
Amps 1.5
170° tolerant

Don't forget mentioning our 3/8 solution hose , 1/2 feed etc.. Boosted my GPM and the 3ht holds heat better.
FYI Read this Feedback on the "too soon" Monsoon rather disappointing....

So, I received my new machine last Thursday morning.
I already know I need to improve it.
I used it on ONE JOB, for about 20 min, and while in impressed with the vacuum, the water pump, (220 PSI) is lacking...
The intake filter stack sits WAY to low to do any serious work.
The connection for the vac hose has NO way to diffuse the I coming water into the waste tank. It simply stops right at the lid....
I’ve already sucked water into the vac motors....
I’ve designed a few ‘improvements’, and am going to have them made up out of stainless steel.....
I have to measure, but I’m pretty sure the waste tank can only take about 4-6 gallons of dirty water before I need to dump.... poor design....

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Don't forget mentioning our 3/8 solution hose , 1/2 feed etc.. Boosted my GPM and the 3ht holds heat better.
FYI Read this Feedback on the "too soon" Monsoon rather disappointing....

So, I received my new machine last Thursday morning.
I already know I need to improve it.
I used it on ONE JOB, for about 20 min, and while in impressed with the vacuum, the water pump, (220 PSI) is lacking...
The intake filter stack sits WAY to low to do any serious work.
The connection for the vac hose has NO way to diffuse the I coming water into the waste tank. It simply stops right at the lid....
I’ve already sucked water into the vac motors....
I’ve designed a few ‘improvements’, and am going to have them made up out of stainless steel.....
I have to measure, but I’m pretty sure the waste tank can only take about 4-6 gallons of dirty water before I need to dump.... poor design....
Getting max output from the pump by removing built-in bottlenecks and ⅜" solution line are some of the simplest and easiest ways to make equipment perform really well. I take a total beating for it anytime I say it from people who have never done it and they inevitably tell me I'm full of it.

Sounds like the "too soon" needs a version 1.2 hardware patch.

abooker

Dec 18, 2019
Real Name
Andrae S Booker
Brand New, Never Used Carpet Cleaner/Water Extractor for sale, great for carpet cleaning or restoration business
  • I have a Water Claw (the real water claw)-brand new in the Box Never Used
  • I have a Prospector® PE5003 Carpet Extractor with Heat, 500 PSI, Dual 3‑Stage motors with (carpet wand) and all of the hoses and connectors- retail price for the machine alone is typically about $4,000, I'm asking much less
  • I'm asking for $2,100 for 5,000 dollars worth of Brand New Never Used Equipment everything you need included plus water claw
  • Please go ahead and google the prices you will never have a deal this good on Brand New equipment ever again
  • Some Pics attached - Serious inquiries only 201-824-6555 text first then call or email service@polished-restoration.com

Attachments

abooker

Dec 18, 2019
Real Name
Andrae S Booker
Brand New, Never Used Carpet Cleaner/Water Extractor for sale, great for carpet cleaning or restoration business
  • I have a Prospector® PE5003 Carpet Extractor with Heat, 500 PSI, Dual 3‑Stage motors with (carpet wand) and all of the hoses and connectors- retail price for the machine alone is typically about $4,000, I'm asking much less
  • I'm asking for $1,800 for 5,000 dollars worth of Brand New Never Used Equipment everything you need included plus water claw
  • Please go ahead and google the prices you will never have a deal this good on Brand New equipment ever again
  • Some Pics attached - Serious inquiries only 201-824-6555 text first then call or email service@polished-restoration.com

Attachments

abooker

Dec 18, 2019
Real Name
Andrae S Booker
  • I'm asking for $1,800 for 5,000 dollars worth of Brand New Never Used Equipment everything you need included plus water claw

Attachments