Best portable comercial extractor? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best portable comercial extractor?

Yura

Mar 19, 2020
Real Name
Iurii Pankovskyi
Hi all, looking for good big extractor to use it for commercial cleaning of carpets/carpeting and upholstery furniture in flats, offices, restaurants.
I see that there are pretty many on the market such as Edic, Mytee, Ninja and many more. My budget is not more then 3500 but buying a used one is also possible. Please advice me which is is the best overall in my case? Thanks a lot

Reactions: huqdcn

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
3500 will get you a great portable. You're not us though are you? Dont know price difference overseas.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Probably their modular one. Airhog and waterhog. It'll be lighter carrying or lifting with it being in 2 parts. For apartments. 1200 psi will help you clean tile. Its vacs can handle long hose runs. So park it near sink in the restraunt and go. No need to drag it around fill it or empty it.

Reactions: MikeGaure

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Cross American has been making machines for quite a while for Europe has all the EU approvals and stuff
The uk 230v version is currently withdrawn from sale .

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Only Mytee Has the LX hybrid motors which are the most balanced motor for water lift and CFM. Go to Mytee.com and learn more.
just wondering why the LX portables have not being offered by mytees uk suppliers ?

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Correction update: The Cross-American JAGUAR MX-2 ETM has always been available in 240v and always will be regardless of what anyone has heard or of any "rumors". Specific confidential circumstances will not honorably be shared within this or any public forum.

And, btw, we do not blame JRH for his comments based on what he has heard because he really is an innocent bystander as anyone else would be.

We receive great testimonials every week from our loyal customers using our 240v workhorse systems! Not a problem.

Thanks to everyone;
Ed Valentine
crossamericancorp.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Odin

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Oooooo

Maybe see a portable fight thread?

Sales are down, phones are quiet and in their corner weighing in at !!!! How much does the airhog weigh?

And in the other corner lol

O well

Reactions: keep it clean

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Right now I am searching for a shell to build or just buy the mytee flood hog and put 2 parallel pumps in it. In an afternoon I can 86 the heavy, overkill stock apo in the flood hog, add Bob's apo, slam 2 aquatec pumps in it and have a premium mobile setup. Most likely that is what I will do, it comes with easy load wheels too.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Right now I am searching for a shell to build or just buy the mytee flood hog and put 2 parallel pumps in it. In an afternoon I can 86 the heavy, overkill stock apo in the flood hog, add Bob's apo, slam 2 aquatec pumps in it and have a premium mobile setup. Most likely that is what I will do, it comes with easy load wheels too.
The Flood Hog is a Flood extractor with a 66 gpm pumpout. What you are suggesting is not a bad idea. Put a smaller pump out and create a high flow 220 psi extractor. Maybe will build one.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The Flood Hog is a Flood extractor with a 66 gpm pumpout. What you are suggesting is not a bad idea. Put a smaller pump out and create a high flow 220 psi extractor. Maybe will build one.
I have one on the way, shipped from Pa yesterday. The built in filter the is a nice feature for sure.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
I have one on the way, shipped from Pa yesterday. The built in filter the is a nice feature for sure.
Hi Jim, can you pls update us on the success of this project? Does the Flood Hog body have enough room to accommodate the 2 parallel Aquatec pumps?

Im asking because the Pumptec pump that I have in my LTD6 broke. Probably, I loaded with overheated tap water that damaged the seals. It just jammed and when I touched the head and the motor, its too hot.

Im debating whether:
1. To rebuild the pumptec pump
2. Replace the pumptec with aquatec which could handle high tap water temp better
3. Rebuild the pumptec pump and sell the LTD6 and get the Flood hog with the parallel aquatec pump to save space and lighter weight. But if I go with this route, I will now need to buy an external heater to boost tap water temp. Or do you think external heater is not really necessary?
Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Hi John, did you proceed with this experiment? What is the result? Thanks.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Hi Jim, can you pls update us on the success of this project? Does the Flood Hog body have enough room to accommodate the 2 parallel Aquatec pumps?

Im asking because the Pumptec pump that I have in my LTD6 broke. Probably, I loaded with overheated tap water that damaged the seals. It just jammed and when I touched the head and the motor, its too hot.

Im debating whether:
1. To rebuild the pumptec pump
2. Replace the pumptec with aquatec which could handle high tap water temp better
3. Rebuild the pumptec pump and sell the LTD6 and get the Flood hog with the parallel aquatec pump to save space and lighter weight. But if I go with this route, I will now need to buy an external heater to boost tap water temp. Or do you think external heater is not really necessary?
Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.
Yes, they fit just fine. I have it 98% finished, but have not had time for sea trials. With the beautiful weather and work slower than normal I've been taking advantage of it and doing major home improvements.

20200406_182612.jpg

20200406_182405.jpg

20200402_202530.jpg

It will run on two 15 amp circuits and the new Bob Savage apo draws less than an amp. I will finish it up on a rain day soon.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Yes, they fit just fine. I have it 98% finished, but have not had time for sea trials. With the beautiful weather and work slower than normal I've been taking advantage of it and doing major home improvements.

View attachment 90963

View attachment 90964

View attachment 90965

It will run on two 15 amp circuits and the new Bob Savage apo draws less than an amp. I will finish it up on a rain day soon.
Did you do the duel pump set up?
I seen John talking about building one.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Did you do the duel pump set up?
I seen John talking about building one.
Yes, after running them for 2 years, here's what I have learned. If you take advantage of the high flow capability, you don't need high pressure or high heat and hot tap water is absolutely fine. Same BTU's delivered to the floor at 1.75 gpm @ 130° as 1 gpm @ 210°. Better cleaning, faster with less wanding.

Weight 18 lbs
Amps 1.5
170° tolerant

You couldn't give me a brand spanking new 5 amp, 35 pound (plus hardware), 140° tolerant, fussy, high pressure pump for a true portable anymore.