Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
I want to start marketing to different businesses. In the past I had success with calling restaurants and giving out free estimates on carpet cleaning, tile and grout and VCT.

Has anyone had good success with a certain industry?

astrikingimage

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2010
NM
Real Name
Jose Salazar
Business Location
United States
I'm with Shane, I avoid restaurants.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Very few restaurants companies actually help you the way you need your business to go. Keep you out at night, most are cheap, most don't clean often as they need be. They want you to clean as cheap as a hack would. And will drop you overnight. You come back to clean and someone already did it $25 cheaper. And you have to clean the grease off your equipment. Inside hoses even.
Any type business has good and bad. Hard to say. Which is best to go after. Most commercial is taken up by janitorial companies. Hotels are ok again if you get the right ones. Nice and newer and expensive franchise type. That being said. I get tile and grout from a couple cause they cant do it. Then I get some carpet cleaning from them. Seems tile and grout is something few of them can do themselves. And the franchise is docking points for this more and more. Bigger the better. That's my 2 cents. example Holiday inns , Hilton garden.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Banks, financial institutions, Dentist offices, Doctor's offices, Libraries. Lawyer's offices if you can get in good with one of the lawyers and do some work at their house.

Bill Yeadon

Preferred Vendor
Aug 29, 2008
Indianapolis IN
www.jondon.com
Real Name
Bill Yeadon
If you want to go where the future business will be you want health care and senior living. Just look around your city and they are building hospitals or senior living facilities everywhere.

The average senior facilities are using residential goods but still have the same old problems with urine etc. More people will retire in the next 20 years than the entire population of England.

Many of these retirees will end up in these facilities. It is their children that will pay for the monthly care (with their parents money) and they don't want to be overwhelmed by the smell of urine when they visit.

Reactions: JeremyB

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Have to agree with bill about medical in general. When i read the local business page i bet 3:4 new projects are medical related.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Steve T must be on vacation. Big Billy seems to have the duty of stalking my posts this week.

Where does one go for vacation when you live in the Caribbean?