Best combo of chemicals I've ever found for cleaning carpet

T

TheEyeball

I know this is very basic but maybe it can help some of you newbs who are still pooping green in your figurative carpet cleaning infancy. The absolute best combination of chemicals I have ever found for cleaning almost every single residential carpet you will ever encounter is this:

Prespray
Preload or any number of it's cousins (Matrix Grand Slam SC, Ultrapac, or Breakthrough. Preferably Preload. Show some support you ingrates). Ignore the directions. Put 20oz in a Hydroforce, fill the rest with water, and go to town. Remember, lightly prespray. Try using less than you ever dreamed would work. You'll be surprised. And your dry times will drastically improve.

Extraction Solution
Same thing as "rinse" but I don't like using that word. Anyway, the product is Prochem All Fiber Deep Clean (Or it's vastly more popular cousin End Zone. I personally prefer the Prochem product though). Again, ignore the directions. Put 10oz into your five gallon chemical injection system jug, fill the rest with water, set the meter to 3 or 4gph. Mine is always at 3.5gph. I have only regularly been using an extraction chemical for a year and...I LOVE IT.

Soft Water
Have to, have to, have to be using soft water. Have to. Not optional. If you don't have a softener on your truck steal one, or steal money from an elderly relative to buy one if you feel bad stealing one, or fill your fresh water tank only from sources you know to be soft water.

So why does all this matter? Here are my reasons. First, the Preload prespray is liquid (I way prefer), easy to measure and mix, and works great. I don't use it full strength because it's too foamy. Way too foamy. 20oz in a Hydroforce is the sweet spot. Put another glug in if you get a nasty. Preload will clean anything from a spotless year old carpet to a trashed beyond belief rental. It is the best prespray, hands down, no contest. Don't need any other prespray unless you're doing CGD, and even then Preload will work most of the time. Yes, there are other brands that are essentially the same thing, but show Rob a little support and order the Preload. Even though prices have gone up it's still a great deal, and a little less than the mainstream brands.

The All Fiber Deep Clean extraction detergent is perfect in every way. It cuts the prespray. It helps you rinse it out. Being acidic, it helps neutralize ph if you care about that sort of thing. Usually acids don't have any cleaning capabilities. Well, the All Fiber Deep Clean does. So you aren't just neutralizing carpet. You're cleaning it. Works phenomenally on soil filtration and other special cases. But what's that you say? "I ain't using no crap like 'at. It's just gonna leave behind a gawl-dang residue in the carpet and what have you!" Well guess what, you're right! It does leave behind a polymer residue that actually repels dirt and soil. Did you know that? It's true. Call Prochem and ask, or call Bridgepoint and ask them about End Zone, which is the same thing.

So triple whammy on the Deep Clean. It neutralizes, it cleans, and it even protects to some extent. No, QUADRUPLE whammy because it also keeps your solution lines clean on the inside. Big time! You know how your brass fittings patina and turn dark over time? Well all of my male fittings are clean and shiny and new looking right on the tip, where they are in contact with the solution flowing through the hose all the time. If I stop using the Deep Clean or End Zone they go right back to dark and ugly again. The mild acid keeps everything clean and residue free.

Finally, soft water. Have to get it guys. A few times over the years I've had my wands and rotary machines start to get caked with a chalky white residue on the inside. When that happens I know the softener isn't working. Usually it's out of salt or the float inside the brine tank is stuck or a hose came off the back of the brine tank. So I fix the problem and BAM. Chalky white residue disappears after a few jobs. Now, if that gunk is getting stuck on my equipment, I know it's stuck in the carpet too. But the soft water rinses it right away from the surfaces of my tools. So what's that tell you it's doing to the carpet? It also makes your chemicals work better, and makes it so that you don't have to use as much chemical. If you don't have a softener at your house, don't you notice it when you go to someone's house that does have one? You try to wash your hands and it feels like you can't get all the soap off? That's a good thing! The trick is, use one miniscule little drop of soap. It will spread thin and lather right up in soft water, and then it's easy to rinse off. Same concept when you're cleaning carpet with soft water. Use way less chemical than you're used to. It'll go a long, long way, saving you money.

That's it. If you have any questions or comments have at it. Obviously there are different ways of doing almost anything, except for peeing out of a canoe. There is literally only one way to do that. But when it comes to carpet cleaning we all have our little routines. This is mine. Won't you please try it? And feel free to share yours.

Nutstyle

Jul 25, 2009
FL
Real Name
Alberto Rivero
Business Location
United States
Nice! Now about the softwater, do you use any specific type? Hydroforce one? any option for the Non-baller-yet carpet cleaners? i think 1kaday used the stick softner type right?

T

TheEyeball

Meter PreSpray with HF in-line at 8:1?

I don't quite totally understand the question. Are you asking if my Hydroforce is the standard 8:1 (or 9:1 depending on who you ask, cannot ever get a straight answer) dilution ration? Yes, mine is standard, it has the yellow metering tip, and I don't use the adjustable Hydroforce which is the Revolution.

T

TheEyeball

Nice! Now about the softwater, do you use any specific type? Hydroforce one? any option for the Non-baller-yet carpet cleaners? i think 1kaday used the stick softner type right?
I've been spoiled with Kinetico softeners. About $1k for a reconditioned used one (they take them from turned in rental units, fix 'em, and sell 'em. Work like a brand new one but without the warranty). They are awesome. Put salt in the tank and that is it. Ever.

I don't know what other options there are. Several guys rent them or have purchased Culligans or similar, and you have to swap it out for a recharged tank once every month or so. I don't think the stick ones work well enough honestly. There is another option but I will have to research it. I thought it was something special but a few smart minds here revealed it's probably not. It was discussed in an older thread, I'll try to look it up and post it, even though as usual I got into an embarrassing argument with somebody.

Reactions: Nutstyle

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
I just ordered some Preload and Tilemaster a couple days ago and I have high hopes . Now I'll have to get some of that all fiber deep clean and get my chem feed back online since I've been a fresh water rinsing kinda guy lately.

Thanks for the insight Ross I guess I can trust you. How much for the Prochem rinse?

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
Giving out advice regarding chemical usage is like trying to tell people what laundry detergent to use. Any widely known chemical company supplies their customers with quality products. Very few of our available presprays and detergents are poor performers.

Just buy what you can get locally and stop trying to make this rocket science.

T

TheEyeball

Now about the softwater...any option for the Non-baller-yet carpet cleaners?

Ok, I found the thread but it doesn't have many answers. Long story short, my buddy has a big Steamaction truck mount with what we thought was some super high tech water softening system. Turns out it's a $50 water filter housing you can buy at Home Depot. I've seen it there with my own eyes. They are in the back with the water softeners and drinking water systems and stuff.

But it's what's inside that makes it work. It has these weird little resin ball thingys that for whatever reason I cannot find for purchase in the US. Another TMF member found them and provided this link but they are in India and China which scares the crap outta me. BUT, the freaking thing works! He never has any scale at all, all his lines are free and clear. It doesn't take salt, it has no moving parts, and all you have to do is keep the little resin ball things in it. They break down and dissolve but it takes a long time. Like months, maybe years. If we could find out what the stuff is and where to buy it everybody could have a cheap water softener that really works.

Anyway, here's a couple pics of my buddy's. If anybody knows what this is or has any info about it, we could help a lot of guys get softening systems on their trucks. If the stuff is affordable, that is.

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

Reactions: Nutstyle and gr4474
T

TheEyeball

Giving out advice regarding chemical usage is like trying to tell people what laundry detergent to use. Any widely known chemical company supplier their customers with quality products. Very few of our available presprays and detergents are poor performers.

Just buy what you can get locally and stop trying to make this rocket science.
You've proven to be wrong about so many things you have no credibility Admiral...of poop. Geez, I'm just trying to help people. Why does that ruffle your feathers?

Anyway, I took the rocket science out of it. I just gave reasons why I like certain things, which made for a long post.

Preload
Prochem All Fiber Deep Clean
Soft Water

How is that rocket science?

Reactions: RoboShark

4orgione

Feb 27, 2012
ny
Real Name
chris f
Business Location
United States
I disagree man... If that were the case everyone would buy the cheapest chemicals... ive changed chemicals a couple times and noticed they do work better then others... if that were the case the Big chemical companies wouldnt sell variety of different types of chemical for the same job... usually i hate to say it but you pay more and you get more in this case...

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
Preload and end zone is what I mainly use and love it. I don't have a softener but will give it strong consideration, based on your recommendations. I have heard soft water is the bomb.

Do you always mix the hydroforce and 5 gal jug to the full point? Because I market the tile & grout cleaning a lot, I may have a day where I only have 1 carpet job and I prefer to have fresh ripping hot prespray. How long will the end zone last after mixed? I see small black flakes in the jug after a day or two. The other thing I hate is when I have a full jug of end zone mixed up and forget to turn off the meter and find out that I just conditioned 2000 sf of tile with a fiber rinse.

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I disagree man... If that were the case everyone would buy the cheapest chemicals... ive changed chemicals a couple times and noticed they do work better then others... if that were the case the Big chemical companies wouldnt sell variety of different types of chemical for the same job... usually i hate to say it but you pay more and you get more in this case...
Please understand, I gave you guys way too much credit in my original post for critical thinking ability. I just assumed most of you would know without being told that the cheap chemicals are questionable. Name brand chems children. Stick with the name brand chemicals and you won't have to be led around like sheep by the bulletin board gurus, huxters and administrators.

T

TheEyeball

Preload and end zone is what I mainly use and love it. I don't have a softener but will give it strong consideration, based on your recommendations. I have heard soft water is the bomb.

Do you always mix the hydroforce and 5 gal jug to the full point? Because I market the tile & grout cleaning a lot, I may have a day where I only have 1 carpet job and I prefer to have fresh ripping hot prespray. How long will the end zone last after mixed? I see small black flakes in the jug after a day or two. The other thing I hate is when I have a full jug of end zone mixed up and forget to turn off the meter and find out that I just conditioned 2000 sf of tile with a fiber rinse.

I almost always mix everything to the full point. Preload isn't an enzyme so it can stay mixed for a long time. I don't worry about it not being hot if it sits overnight or something, because when I go to prespray the next day the truck mount is spraying out plenty hot water. I'm sure End Zone is fine to stay mixed too. As far as I know there's nothing in either the Preload or the End Zone that will degrade. Maybe after months and months, but I'm sure several days or even weeks would be just fine.

i live on longisland, dont have a problem with water, we have one of the softest water in the country

In December I bought a Kinetico for my house and talked to the sales rep for a long time. He said on the East coast they purposely harden the water, because naturally soft water is acidic which destroys sewers and pipes and everything else. To get rid of the acidity they have to harden it. So it comes out of a well as soft water, but from any utility source it will be hard (except for some rare cases where entire cities pay for soft water).