Best cleaner for a gym | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best cleaner for a gym

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Hey guys,
Got a gym coming to do next week after rains quit. Its glue down short short loop carpet. Probably olefin.
What cleaner would you recommend for a nice clean fresh smell????
It's a gym, so kinda musty smell right now.

Thanks

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I just add some Bridgepoint Deodorizer to my prespray. I think it’s called Summer Breeze. I dislike strong smells they give me headaches so tend to keep it really mild.

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Deodorizers are a lot about personal preference. This is the one AZ mentioned, I think. It is called Spring Morning. https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CD06GL

A key will be to get the carpet as dry as possible. Moisture increases odor in places like a gym, the musty smell can be right back if the carpet is too damp.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Deodorizers are a lot about personal preference. This is the one AZ mentioned, I think. It is called Spring Morning. https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CD06GL

A key will be to get the carpet as dry as possible. Moisture increases odor in places like a gym, the musty smell can be right back if the carpet is too damp.
Thank you scott! So this product would be good for homes too with animals?

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
Have you ordered a free sample pack from odorcide yet? They have some pretty good products.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hey guys,
Got a gym coming to do next week after rains quit. Its glue down short short loop carpet. Probably olefin.
What cleaner would you recommend for a nice clean fresh smell????
It's a gym, so kinda musty smell right now.

Thanks
I prefer odor eliminators before deodorizers for obvious reasons. Scent of deodorizer will fade away fast. Bio break would be fine any "cide" would be great, so is the price sticker. Personally I'm in favor of OS- 1, ( Pro's Coice9)because of versatile use( takes care of all bio matters) HD odor kill plus( similar efect, same company) If you using hydro-force inline sprayer, make sure to be aware of atomization, keep nozzle close to the carpet(10-12") and apply product in uniform swaying motion, keeping spray gun in vertical position all the time. You can adjust pressure if you think sptayin pattern is too powerful. I know this is a basic knowledge, but often overlooked as we inhale so much stuff over the years not knowing, how it affects our body and mind( we've already talked about how certaim types of pre sprays and deodorizes can make us lightheaded and in some cases can lead to minor halucination episodes( Prochem floral deodorizer) was mentioned recently to have that effect. So, in summary, odor eliminator would be way to go in public places, such as gyms, yoga places, etc.
What I find more interesting is that customers find more appealing , is scent
left by fibre rinse( fresh linen scent) Prochem.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
If you call the company they will send you a free product sample.

GusBR

Jun 20, 2018
Real Name
Gus Burgar
Envirox 117 is a peroxide cleaner that is CRI approved FWIW. I've used it as rinse at 1 oz per gallon. It has a citrus smell and has more cleaning ability than most acid side rinse agents. Just my $.02. I think it has a ph of 7 at 1oz per gallon.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I prefer odor eliminators before deodorizers for obvious reasons. Scent of deodorizer will fade away fast. Bio break would be fine any "cide" would be great, so is the price sticker. Personally I'm in favor of OS- 1, ( Pro's Coice9)because of versatile use( takes care of all bio matters) HD odor kill plus( similar efect, same company) If you using hydro-force inline sprayer, make sure to be aware of atomization, keep nozzle close to the carpet(10-12") and apply product in uniform swaying motion, keeping spray gun in vertical position all the time. You can adjust pressure if you think sptayin pattern is too powerful. I know this is a basic knowledge, but often overlooked as we inhale so much stuff over the years not knowing, how it affects our body and mind( we've already talked about how certaim types of pre sprays and deodorizes can make us lightheaded and in some cases can lead to minor halucination episodes( Prochem floral deodorizer) was mentioned recently to have that effect. So, in summary, odor eliminator would be way to go in public places, such as gyms, yoga places, etc.
What I find more interesting is that customers find more appealing , is scent
left by fibre rinse( fresh linen scent) Prochem.
Great info luky. Thank you very much. I need to hear the basic info! You covered all the bases for sure!!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Thank you scott! So this product would be good for homes too with animals?
The deodorizers are not harmful to pets but there are some precautions for all deodorizers or any product that might get sprayed into the air. Birds are very sensitive to odors. I would keep birds away from rooms being cleaned until the carpet is dry. Probably a good idea to keep people and animals away from areas being sprayed. The mist could be inhaled. One never knows what someone might have a reaction to.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
The deodorizers are not harmful to pets but there are some precautions for all deodorizers or any product that might get sprayed into the air. Birds are very sensitive to odors. I would keep birds away from rooms being cleaned until the carpet is dry. Probably a good idea to keep people and animals away from areas being sprayed. The mist could be inhaled. One never knows what someone might have a reaction to.
Thank you scott. Yes I agree. I'm doing the gym sunday I guess. See how it goes

Reactions: Scott W

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States