Best citrus booster | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best citrus booster

Discussion in 'General Carpet Cleaning & Upholstery Discussion' started by Mr.Steamer, Oct 11, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Mr.Steamer

Mr.Steamer Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    So I currently run citrazov from steambrite, and I think its great. It's powder which I love and seems to last and do a good job. I am almost out so I was going to put in a new order but I heard about citrus solv 2 from interlink, and wanted to see what people thought about it. I'm not a fan of liquids as they seem to go to quick as well as the freeze issues. I've run citrus force before, but it is far too expensive and does not go very far. Let me know which you think!

2. keep it clean

Premium VIP

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    carpet cleaning/installation
    Ratings:
    +5,518 / 2 / -0
    I may be wrong. But i think the liquids are freeze thaw stable. Being they are solvents. Still best to check label on that.

3. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Top Poster of Month

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,429 / 86 / -0
    We make the absolute best citrus solvent. Nothing mixes better, smells better or cleans better. If you don’t think it’s the best ever made just call me and I’ll give you your money back. Plus you can keep the juice.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr.Steamer

Mr.Steamer Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    I run citrus when I'm using an enzyme and energizer, or for the really nasty ones and I use grease eraser and grout master...no adverse effect from mixing with that?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr.Steamer

Mr.Steamer Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    I also don't see anywhere that I can order on here...

6. Ed Cruz

Ed Cruz Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Male
    CT
    Ratings:
    +3,656 / 12 / -0
    I've been happy with Chemspecs Biosolve Citrus. Dunno what to say about price as the liquids all seem to be priced similar.

• Like Like x 1
  7. wandwizard

wandwizard Randy Dockins
    Premium VIP

Nov 12, 2008
    Male
    carpet and upholstery cleaning.
    Ratings:
    +4,698 / 14 / -0
    That's what I have at the moment. I've used at least 4 or 5 different brands. I honestly couldn't tell any performance difference in any of them. They all seemed to work well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tom Forsythe

Tom Forsythe Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Salt lake City, UT
    Ratings:
    +381 / 2 / -0
    We have sold the leader in the industry for 25 years Bridgepoint's Citrus Solv. Most manufacturers in the industry buy tech grade d'limonene in drum quantities while we buy food grade d'limonene in truckload quantities. D'limonene is a commodity and is almost 4 times its cost from a few years ago. Hurricane Irma blew 40% of the current orange crop to the ground. All d'limonene comes from juiced oranges so we had to change the amount of d'limonene used in the formula, but we upgraded all of the other ingredients. We recently re-formulated this product calling it Citrus Solv II and it has been advertised everywhere. We have heard multiple reports that many users like it better than the original Citrus Solv. https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=1621-5372

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RAW Prespray

RAW Prespray Preferred Vendor

Sep 29, 2011
    Development Manager
    La Porte, IN
    Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    There is only one true citrus cleaner and that is high purity food grade d-Limonene. That is the highest form of d-Limonene on the market at 96% pure. A step down from that is food grade d-Limonene at 95%. Supposedly the 1% makes a difference, but the cost doesn't seem to outweigh the benefit. Then you have tech grade which is kind of orange in appearance with limited orange scent. We use food grade d-Limonene at 95%. Removes gum, wax and the latex glue that holds the carpet to the backing if you so desire to dissolve it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Mr.Steamer

Mr.Steamer Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    And which citrus booster has that 95-96%?

11. george8585

george8585 Active Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Male
    New Jersey
    Ratings:
    +410 / 2 / -0
  12. Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner Todd Cottino
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2011
    Male
    Owner / Operator
    Pahrump, Nevada, United States
    Ratings:
    +25,694 / 58 / -0
    I've been using the new Citrus Solv 2 and loving it. I just bought 2 cases of it last week. I actually like it better than the original. Citrus Solv 2 mixes easier, smells great, and doesn't have any foaming issues.

@rob allen I didn't know you had a citrus product too.

Here's a Chinees Restaurant I cleaned a couple weeks ago using Citrus Solv 2:

IMG_8747.JPG

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mighty Green

Mighty Green Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    hat Citrapure is a good price
    My local supplier who sells the Bridgepoint line sells citrasolv liquid
    For like $60.00 per gallon
    I dont know if Bridgepoint even has
    A powdered 95% pure citrus additive.

14. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,607 / 0 / -0
    Orange terpenes (also called d-limonene) are very expensive right now thanks to the greening disease that smashed orange crops in both Florida and Brazil.

Our Natural Orange DS, which is about 95% orange terpenes in a 5% solvent base, has gotten hideously high as a result.

So Matt brought out his Pure Citrus, which is 98% citrus terpenes - meaning he's tossing in lemons, limes, grapefruit, and all sorts of lovely-smelling yummies in there. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive - still works beautifully as a booster and degreaser, but thanks to the many kinds of citrus fruits in there the cost is substantially lower and the scent is uniquely pleasing. It's super-thick in the bottle, looks almost like maple syrup, and less than 1/2 an ounce into a gallon of water makes a fantastic deodorizer.

15. Mighty Green

Mighty Green Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Who makes the product your talking about?

16. Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,607 / 0 / -0
  17. Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,607 / 0 / -0
  18. Tom Forsythe

Tom Forsythe Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Salt lake City, UT
    Ratings:
    +381 / 2 / -0
    There are great benefits to d'limonene, but there are some liabilities besides cost. The higher the percentage of d'limonene the harder it is to rinse out of carpet and the harder it is to mix in a pre-spray solution. You constantly need to shake the sprayer to keep the d'limonene from separating from the pre-spray. Water and oil do not like each other. D'limonene residues not rinsed out can cause delamination of the glues holding the primary and secondary backing together. We have found that a blend of solvents with the right surfactant actually works better as a cleaning additive.

Lime, lemon and grapefruit peels from juicing are made into expensive oils reserved for the fragrance industry not the cleaning industry. As you can imagine there is not as much lime, lemon or grapefruit juice when compared to orange juice explaining the higher cost as the available peels are limited. These are only affordable to our industry when you buy concentrated fragrances from a specialty fragrance house.

• Like Like x 2
  19. wandwizard

wandwizard Randy Dockins
    Premium VIP

Nov 12, 2008
    Male
    carpet and upholstery cleaning.
    Ratings:
    +4,698 / 14 / -0
    1.5 to 2 oz. in an injection sprayer? I have a tough time believing that would do any good at all. That would be 2 oz. to 11 gallons of prespray. Am I missing something or is this stuff really that powerful?

20. Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,607 / 0 / -0
    So far, response is that yes, it really does work that well. I have yet to use it for anything other than deodorizing myself, so I can only speak with certainty on its efficacy there - but man is it niiiiiiice. :love:

• Thanks Thanks x 1