Best carpet edging tool | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Best carpet edging tool

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I have been doing light colored carpets lately for some reason. The edges are dark!!
I need to buy one of those tall edging tools. I need to save more time.
What do you guys recommend? I see there are taller ones and shorter ones.
I'm interested in a taller one where we can stand and do the edging.
Also, some even have internal sprayers instead of the external.
And I even saw one on ebay with a 2" glide on the end of it!!
Is that even needed? Seems it may prevent dings and scratches on the baseboards.
Thanks

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
cotton towel tied around a grout brush on a pole can work. So can taking your wand parallel to the base board and lifting it up and spray the edge then quickly drop glided wand down and rinse against base board.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
cotton towel tied around a grout brush on a pole can work. So can taking your wand parallel to the base board and lifting it up and spray the edge then quickly drop glided wand down and rinse against base board.
Gotcha! But look at how fast hes going with that edge......lol

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
a lot of the homes I clean are high end residential IE painted trim, so you have to be extremely careful with the amount of prespray and type of tool used. that is why I use a Prochem Upholstery tool. I know, I know, Im on my hands and knees but I cant afford to scratch the paint in any way. Gets into tight areas too.

Customers appreciate the extra effort. (and are willing to pay for it!)

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
a lot of the homes I clean are high end residential IE painted trim, so you have to be extremely careful with the amount of prespray and type of tool used. that is why I use a Prochem Upholstery tool. I know, I know, Im on my hands and knees but I cant afford to scratch the paint in any way. Gets into tight areas too.

Customers appreciate the extra effort. (and are willing to pay for it!)
Nice tip. Thank you!! Inwonder is someone makes a short one and you can add a longer tube to it or extension. A 2 in 1 tool.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
The glide on the end would seem to be much easier on the baseboards then just metal.

Reactions: Scott W

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
I use the same wand. Honestly about half the time I switch over to my stair tool.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I use the same wand. Honestly about half the time I switch over to my stair tool.
If you're good maneuvering Orbiter with a bumper, that's the fastest way to deal with soil filtration lines. Slight tilt towards the baseboard , uninterrupted movement along the baseboard...

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
The PMF edging tool knocks it right out on a medium slow pass. 400 PSI and a bit of heat. I initially pre-spray with KleenRite ammonia based pre-spray.

GONE on even white carpet!
Thanks Bob!! I got it and I love it. I cannot believe how many videos I watch and the guys dont address this. They dont even own the tool.
It's a huge time saver for me as well.