Best auto top up for porty???

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
It will work here luky. Jim's picture i dont even need faucet adaptors.
Just a 3.00 bucket and I'm golden. Done deal.
What I will do is install a tee before the pump inlet. The top of the tee will have a threaded cap on it. I will put a valve between the t and the inlet to the tank. I can close off the valve when I want to use a sink. Take the cap off the tee and thread a hose on and run it to bucket in the sink. Turn the hot water on low and done deal.
So i need a chemical.injector with a meter on it. That will probably be the priciest part. Then I can meter my rinse in.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
You have a very understanding customers and I don't say it sarcastically. This setup wouldn't work for me, especially in vacant rental properties without power or water. Is that rinse or emulsifier in the bucket?
It was stuff like you mentioned that forced me to get the sub-mount tank for my machine. At the time, one of my biggest customers was having me clean a lot of repossessed mobile homes w/o power or water. I couldn't survive w/o that tank. It saves me from having to hook up for water a lot too and around here that's a big deal. Lots of bad faucets in my area.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Ohhhh, i think a radiator flush kit will work!!! Have you guys seen those??? Walmart like 8.00 for a kit...
Installed one on my Ford diesel truck a few Years back.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Faucet Aerator Adapter Kit - Six (6) Piece, Male & Female
It's your money, but that looks like crap to me that won't last very long. They do sell the same one that Lowes carries. You could buy the one you found, but it looks like cheap plastic that'll not last.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
It's your money, but that looks like crap to me that won't last very long. They do sell the same one that Lowes carries. You could buy the one you found, but it looks like cheap plastic that'll not last.
Yea i agree randy. Looks like crapola!! And I known it would not last. The one you found looks better.!!!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Yea i agree randy. Looks like crapola!! And I known it would not last. The one you found looks better.!!!
Here's a little tip. Use a bread tie or something on it to secure the washers when not in use. Those little suckers are easy to lose believe me! :oops:

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
If it’s vacant you can tap into the toilets fresh water tank.
Doesn’t TMF still sell the large adaptor kit? For me much of it’s been unused. The basic one seems to be mostly all that’s needed.

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Here's a little tip. Use a bread tie or something on it to secure the washers when not in use. Those little suckers are easy to lose believe me! :oops:
I bought one of those randy that you posted. Free shipping!! And one of these so i dont mar up the custys taking it off. I have tried to use a rag before with channel locks or small pliers. But its risky so unpaid 9 bucks more for this:

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yes round and hex shape
Vacant homes use 1/2" pipe fip to 3/4" garden hose. Solid brass. Depot has them in plumbing. Using soft jaw plyers or rag take off shower head and use stem to feed tank. Just keep a roll of teflon in your van as you should anyway in case. Aerators there are 2 most common again depot carries them. Just ask or do what i did. Open package go to faucet displays and test kitchen faucets and bath faucet for right thread. Wizard said use tie to keep together? And hes right. It will have washers that fit adapter that will get lost easy or gets left up inside faucet on accident. I had a small zipper tool bag with carabiner on it clipped to extractor holding all the small stuff jets, teflon tape, adapters, qd's... they sell them 3 sizes all together. Looks kinda like pencil holder for 3 ring binders.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Vacant homes use 1/2" pipe fip to 3/4" garden hose. Solid brass. Depot has them in plumbing. Using soft jaw plyers or rag take off shower head and use stem to feed tank. Just keep a roll of teflon in your van as you should anyway in case. Aerators there are 2 most common again depot carries them. Just ask or do what i did. Open package go to faucet displays and test kitchen faucets and bath faucet for right thread. Wizard said use tie to keep together? And hes right. It will have washers that fit adapter that will get lost easy or gets left up inside faucet on accident. I had a small zipper tool bag with carabiner on it clipped to extractor holding all the small stuff jets, teflon tape, adapters, qd's... they sell them 3 sizes all together. Looks kinda like pencil holder for 3 ring binders.
Will do. Never even thought of removing the shower head!! Great info. Thank you!! Saves a hell of a lot of time and wear on my back vs. Bucketing water into the tank.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Will do. Never even thought of removing the shower head!! Great info. Thank you!! Saves a hell of a lot of time and wear on my back vs. Bucketing water into the tank.
Yeah hell with bucketing lol. Small job no big deal. But whole home hooking up to supply is much better.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Laundry faucets are already g/h threaded too.
The aerator adapters will get you out of trouble!

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
It was stuff like you mentioned that forced me to get the sub-mount tank for my machine. At the time, one of my biggest customers was having me clean a lot of repossessed mobile homes w/o power or water. I couldn't survive w/o that tank. It saves me from having to hook up for water a lot too and around here that's a big deal. Lots of bad faucets in my area.
I'm fed up by industry prices. Instead of investing $700 for a 110 gal fresh water tank, I'm gonna build one. It might be a bit bigger(130 gal.), but I don't have to fill it to the brim.
Last time I was using a garden hose to fill the tank, it froze on me. That happened just last week ....
I was getting water again last night, it was raining. Poor guy can't catch a break. But one thing is for sure, 65 gal. tank is not enough.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
It will work here luky. Jim's picture i dont even need faucet adaptors.
Just a 3.00 bucket and I'm golden. Done deal.
What I will do is install a tee before the pump inlet. The top of the tee will have a threaded cap on it. I will put a valve between the t and the inlet to the tank. I can close off the valve when I want to use a sink. Take the cap off the tee and thread a hose on and run it to bucket in the sink. Turn the hot water on low and done deal.
So i need a chemical.injector with a meter on it. That will probably be the priciest part. Then I can meter my rinse in.
Don't let the kitty to drown in that bucket. It would be your last time working in that house, haha...

Reactions: Clean-n-mean